Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #151
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Sorry about the food at Sci Fi. I had lunch there and it was actually one of the better burgers I had at Disney.

Despite the no tripod, your shots at Osbourne turned out great.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh...I'm a sympathy sickie too.
It's all about the trashcan and smashing the camera into it.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #152
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
As per the lights, I see pictures of it and it looks amazing but when I get there the herd of peopel just kills it for me . It is so hard to move around with everyone just standing around ruining my pictures I think If I go next time I will wait until the park is close to close. I have heard it looks like a grave yard.
I hear ya.

It was crowded, but I've heard it can be worse.

Weren't we there close to close? It was almost 9!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #153
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I have never eaten in SCi-FI, what did the chef say? I loved the Osborne lights. It was a wow experience. Loving the TR. Keep it coming! I tried to post before and it wouldnt let me.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #154
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I have never eaten in SCi-FI, what did the chef say? I loved the Osborne lights. It was a wow experience. Loving the TR. Keep it coming! I tried to post before and it wouldnt let me.
They usually don't say anything, other than, "okay... that allergy is terrible."

The theming is amazing in there, but the food is mediocre.

I'd like to see Osborne again but without the kids... at least until they're older. Too many people around for little ones.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #155
kwitcherkicken99

POST 18: Day 3 & The morning of MVMCP

We got up a little later this morning, but were still in MK within the first hour or so of park opening. We were banking on the rumors of super low crowds on party days to enjoy a relaxing morning. The crowd levels did not disappoint! We grabbed a locker and I dumped my backpack full of stuff, including my tripod and headed towards the tear drop.

I stopped for a couple of decoration shots while E and MB browsed in the Emporium.

Did I mention MB LOVES to shop? E went to grab some FP and MB and I were going to get the locker. The Emporium was our rendezvous point.

As we headed up Main Street, we ran into the big man himself, the Mayor of Main Street.
The characters were out in full swing this morning! I look for the mayor every visit but we never see him. Another first for me!

We stopped for an icon picture, courtesy of Photopass.

They did a couple magic shots of me for my birthday but were from an unflattering angle so they’ll stay on my hard drive.

We decided to head over to Tomorrowland and visit Buzz. The ride and the character. On our way to Buzz, we stopped near Monster’s Inc. to pin trade. Mind you, I’m looking for a VERY SPECIFIC pin for my son. It’s a completer pin for a set he started last May. It’s this one:

It’s a completer pin. Now, for those who don’t trade, completer pins are VERY HARD TO FIND. Even though this was a 2010 pin set, the completer is a pin that completes a set. Not all sets have completers but they were popular in 2010. I stopped at as many CMs as I could trying to find this dang pin. It was my week’s mission. Staying on topic, if you DO trade, talk to the CMs. Some of them have baggies FULL of pins. We told him about my quest and he did his best to help out. See my friend here.

Alas he did not have the pin. I gave up on finding it by Thursday (but I still looked). It was no where to be found.

E and I went on to Buzz for a morning spin. I was trying hard to become a galactic hero. This was not my mission. I swear my gun was broken!

While we were on Buzz, MB took a whirl on TTA. grabbing a new view of Cinderella Castle

and being one of the few who have seen Space Mountain with its lights on.

For those who have never seen it with the lights on, you now know why I duck when riding it now. I had the opportunity to ride Space with the lights on once and was overwhelmed by how tightly that track is wound up inside of that building!

After riding his ride, the toy himself was near the exit, guarding the Gamma Quadrant from the Evil Emperor Zurg. He was quite the flirt and I was sure he was stuck in Latin Lover mode.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #156
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post

After riding his ride, the toy himself was near the exit, guarding the Gamma Quadrant from the Evil Emperor Zurg. He was quite the flirt and I was sure he was stuck in Latin Lover mode.

Well lucky you!!!.... He does look quite enamored of you right there!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #157
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Buzz is my man, I was getting a bit jealous of how he was holding her hand
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #158
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I think Sci Fi has been a pretty hit or miss sort of place for me. One time it will be super good... and then the next... not so much.

Osbourne Lights was something I really wished I could have enjoyed more. It was just tooo much for my dh so we barely were there long enough to take it all in.

Ewe on the person getting sick on the bus. That is something that I just have the hardest time handling! Like you... I am a sympathy sickie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
So, DH and I have been talking about our next trip...

Looks like we've settled on late May 2014.

Is it too early to start a PTR?

Well... not at the time till your next trip... but starting a PTR... NEVER too early!!!!

I have seen the lights in Space Mountain when I rode the people mover once. It was fascinating... never worried about it though since I don't ride it. Course... next trip I have been warned I am riding it... and you comment has me now worried.

Great pic of you and Buzz.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #159
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Love pin trading. I should of never started. Hmmm....looks like buzz maybe wanted to propose...
At least I didnt have far to catch up with your TR.. Loving it.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #160
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Well... not at the time till your next trip... but starting a PTR... NEVER too early!!!!
It's sad though... I think I have half the trip already planned. I know where we definitely want to eat and I know where we want to stay. And when we're going to go...

Quote:
I have seen the lights in Space Mountain when I rode the people mover once. It was fascinating... never worried about it though since I don't ride it. Course... next trip I have been warned I am riding it... and you comment has me now worried.
It's not that tightly packed, there's plenty of clearance, but still, the mind over matter takes over and I still duck. Just in the front of the front car though. Save yourself.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #161
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Love pin trading. I should of never started. Hmmm....looks like buzz maybe wanted to propose...
At least I didnt have far to catch up with your TR.. Loving it.

I've been so super busy the last couple weeks.

It's May. I hope to survive it!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #162
kwitcherkicken99

POST 19: But I’d be a mile high!

We took a stroll towards Fantasyland from Tomorrowland after a stop at the bathroom. Look who we ran into!

I’ve met Alice in EP before but never the White Rabbit. E took her turn and then it was up to me. I’m not sure if I have mentioned (like a million times) that I purposely buy oversized pens for autographs. It’s easier for the gloved characters to grab and the face characters always have a reaction to them. The White Rabbit signed my book and passed off the pen to Alice.

She asked if I dribbled some of the “Drink Me” potion on it to make it large. I replied, “well yeah – I needed to test it before I drank it”. She said that was a good idea. I continued on that I didn’t want to become a mile high or they’d kick me out of the park. She paused for a minute and told us thanks for stopping by. I ALMOST had her out of character. Almost. She wasn’t the only one I got to break character that week. ::maniacal laugh::

I guess we meandered over to Liberty Square from there and I guess we misbehaved…

We knew we needed to start heading to the front – we wanted to tour the monorail resorts before our reservation for early dinner. Leaving the park through the Hub, we ran into another friend.

We took a spin on the train before leaving. We had an interesting conversation with another rider. He lamented that all three of us had three very different cameras. After our backside tour of MK was done, we stopped of a couple of photos with the giant tree.

We took the monorail over to the Contemporary. It’s really neat to see the Grand Canyon Concourse all decked out for the holidays. The massive wreath, the over-sized gingerbread tree with the throw-back to Mary Blair – all cool.

We took the escalators near Chef Mickey’s to the lower level to the Wave for our last lunch/early dinner reservation. I will say that this was the meal I was most excited about. I had heard nothing but good things about it!

I chose the tomato penne pasta, well, my allergy-free version of the pasta. It was heavy on the garlic, but the pasta was tender and very tasty! Our waiter, James, was a little distant at first, but since we were one of the only tables before dinner service really started, he had some more time to chat. I actually told him the secrets to becoming a galactic hero and he was floored that he’d been a CM for over 10 years and never knew how to score that high!

After our bellies were full of American cuisine and AWESOME homemade ice cream, we toured GF to see the gingerbread house there.

We also wanted to stop at Basin WHITE. I was also on a secondary mission to find my 40th anniversary Dooney & Burke wristlet. I had been looking for a couple days and no one had them. Since the wristlets were relatively affordable, they sold a metric ton of them in October. Since I didn’t meet my full weight loss goal, I wasn’t going to treat myself with a large bag, but I still deserved something nice for all my hard work.

Anyway… they were out in MK, DHS, DTD (Do you see a pattern here? No pin, no purse… ). I was told to check at GF. If they didn’t have them at GF, I may be out of luck. And I was. GF was out of the wristlets, too.

We headed back to MK a little after 5p. We decided to go see Mickey and Minnie before we set our party plan into action.

We ran back to the locker to get into our party gear and chose to ride a couple rides. We planned to be in line for the princesses/Flynn Rider by no later than 6:15p. We were following easyWDW's post on gauging the waits by popularity. Josh said to go to the princesses first, then Jack... that is if you weren't waiting for the Dwarves.

Off we set for POTC and IASW.

Pirate Goofy was a flirt too! [what is it with these boys??]

I’m going to take a TR break to ask you all to read this:
The Disney community recently lost Robert Sherman, half of the Sherman brother duo AKA “the boys”. The boys were responsible for many of the songs that shaped early Disney films. Their work on Mary Poppins was incredible and they lent their talents to the theme parks as well, composing One Little Spark, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, and It’s a Small World. After his passing, his son Jeffrey wrote a wonderful tribute to his father. IASW has always been a favorite of mine, but now, I can no longer look at it the same way after reading Mr. Sherman’s tribute. HERE. http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/03/21/...-sons-tribute/

Kleenex’s away and on to the ride!

Old 05-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #163
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Great update!

I had an ADR for the Wave, but cancelled it when dh got sick. It is rare that I have canceled a reservation and I feel like I kinda missed out.

Love the pics and the plan of attack for the party.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #164
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I have so many updates that I missed this week...oh the pin trading looks fun! We may have to try that next!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #165
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

You all look like you're having so much fun with the characters and the rides. Glad that you got to eat at the Wave. It does look awesome there.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR

Tags
adult trip, backstage magic tour, boardwalk inn, christmas, mvmcp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: