Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 02:42 AM   #136
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I'm going to let the drummer sizzle a little longer - see if anyone can come up with it.
Google is wonderful. But I won't spoil it for anyone else. I have never heard of this show. I guess not having cable as a kid I missed more than just mTV. The pilot is on youtube. Horrible acting, but so funny to see the clothes.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #137
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Google is wonderful. But I won't spoil it for anyone else. I have never heard of this show. I guess not having cable as a kid I missed more than just mTV. The pilot is on youtube. Horrible acting, but so funny to see the clothes.
Way to use your resources Jenn! LOL!

Now if I could only teach my 5th graders that skill...

The acting is pretty bad but I still loved the show. The girl who played Fergie's older sister on the show, Renee, joined Fergie in the all-girl band Wild Orchid after the show was over. Wild Orchid never took off, Fergie did a bunch of drugs, then ended up a Pea.

As for the drummer, I'll give a hint...

He played a heartthrob on a teen show in the early 90's. His character was often called by his last name. More recently, he made waves as a dancer on a hit ABC show.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #138
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

There you are...glad you posted in my TR so I could find you!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #139
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
One more side noteÖ anyone recognize the drummer in this picture?
He took those curls to the back while playing AC Slater on Saved By the Bell

Then learned the value of a straightening iron:
Old 04-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #140
kwitcherkicken99

POST 16: ST, Sci-Fi, and a BIG MISTAKE

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier that Iím instituting a drinking game for the remainder of this TR. Every time I post a picture and Iím holding my camera in my hand, grab the nearest soda, bottle of water, tequila shot, etc. Drink it. Youíre already drink behind.

Now youíre TWO! [Made ya look!]

I like walking the area of Pixar Place. I wish they had a sign like this one coming from the other direction as well. I think itís neat.

As we walked back through Pixar Place we decided to try to see Buzz and Woody so we got in what we thought was a non-existent line. We got through the doors right away:

And proceeded to stand still. Evidently there was an issue back in Andyís room so Buzz and Woody were on an extended break.

We were getting close to our ADR at Sci-Fi so we left the Woody and Buzz line to head towards dinner.

We got to Sci-Fi and found out that we were early. Quite early as a matter of fact. Evidently we were around 45 minutes early. We needed something to kill time and noticed that Star Tours had a short wait so we ALL went for it.

The queue is cool and really goes with the Star Wars story.

Then came the ride. I shouldíve taken the obvious sign to walk straight through to the other side when the lady 3 people in front of me tried to change rows at the last second and ended up falling down the shallow steps. She was okay thank goodness, but Iím sure she had a bruised ego.

The ride started and it was nothing to what I remember from Disneyland. It was much worse. We were getting thrown around like rag dolls and I only had one handle to hold on to since the kid in the chair next to me was holding mine as well.

My motion sickness kicked into high gear but I knew I needed to keep my eyes open Ė it gets worse when I close them so I held on for the ride, occasionally looking up to try to keep my mindís eye from getting really sick.

I definitely wobbled out of the simulator to find out this afternoonís ride wasnít anywhere near that violent.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #141
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

But....but.....but....you were flying through the stars at light speed. How could you be motion sick from that????

Aside from the motion sickness, is the upgraded software as good as they say it is?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #142
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Let me just say I felt terrible for Jenn, it really was 300% ruffer than our first ride had been.

As per the ride it is AWESOME

I could have rode it over and over and over....
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #143
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Mario Lopez! My daughter really had a crush on him. I have close up pictures of him when he did the narration in the candle light processional in 06. Have you tried dramamine maybe for the rides? If I drank anything stronger than coke while reading.. well I wouldnt be reading and commenting.

You are right there is alot of wasted space in that area. I think they could come up with something.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #144
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Fergie was on Kids Incorporated about a group of singing preteens and teens that performed at a soda shop called "the Place". It was actually "the Palace" but the first A was burnt out on the sign so it was just "the Place".
Ah... I vaguely remember that show... Or at least the name. Did the theme song involve the spelling out of the title? Hmm.... I may have to imdb it. If memory serves though, I was either a bit too old for it...or too young (
I am thinking too old)

I am sorry that ST wasn't for you and made you sick. I think we don't realize how much jostling it does. A couple years ago dd was on it and her seat belt came undone...she was fallen all over the place
Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #145
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
But....but.....but....you were flying through the stars at light speed. How could you be motion sick from that????

Aside from the motion sickness, is the upgraded software as good as they say it is?
From what I could watch... yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
Let me just say I felt terrible for Jenn, it really was 300% ruffer than our first ride had been.

As per the ride it is AWESOME

I could have rode it over and over and over....
You could have. I would've waited.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #146
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Mario Lopez! My daughter really had a crush on him. I have close up pictures of him when he did the narration in the candle light processional in 06. Have you tried dramamine maybe for the rides? If I drank anything stronger than coke while reading.. well I wouldnt be reading and commenting.
I actually have a prescription for motion sickness meds. And even then some things still get me.

Quote:
You are right there is alot of wasted space in that area. I think they could come up with something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Ah... I vaguely remember that show... Or at least the name. Did the theme song involve the spelling out of the title? Hmm.... I may have to imdb it. If memory serves though, I was either a bit too old for it...or too young (
I am thinking too old)
"Kids Incorportated! K! I! D! S! Yeah..."

So yeah... they learned how to spell!

Quote:
I am sorry that ST wasn't for you and made you sick. I think we don't realize how much jostling it does. A couple years ago dd was on it and her seat belt came undone...she was fallen all over the place
That's what sucks, I love those kind of rides!

And that's why I keep trying them... Maybe THIS time will be different.

Alas, they never are.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #147
kwitcherkicken99

POST 17: Beware of the creature from the Black Lagoon!

It was time to head back to the restaurant so off I wobbled while I re-found my equilibrium. I was paying OOP for this one as well because I wanted to save my TS credits for Biergarten on my last day. It made more financial sense to save it for Germany vs. DHS and I ran out of my spending money by day 5...

The inside of the building did not disappoint as far as theming. We had a couple sitting in the very back of our car whose family was in this car:

The movie reels are a hoot but the food was my least favorite of the trip. I ordered the ribeye and an Oreo shake. Once again, the chef came out for a visit to prep for my allergy. Remember when I said that some of the chefs think no black pepper equals no seasoning at all???

After dinner we pressed on to the Osborne Lights.

I have never seen the Osborne spectacle and I was overwhelmed by the colors and the grand scheme of the whole set up. I also didnít quite prepare myself for the amount of people concentrated in such a small area.

I didnít have my tripod so I spent a lot of time trying to position my camera squarely and still on anything I could find that was flat.

I often joke with my 4-Hers to do the same when they are shooting in low light situations and to use things like park benches, the ground, trash cans - anything for extra stability. They all look at me crazy when I tell them the trash cans at Disney are the cleanest so itís safe.

MB and E lined up for a Photopass shot and I wandered off because I thought I had a minute to look for the cat. The line didnít move for 10 minutes and I wanted to see if I could locate its home this year. Well, I missed the shot. E was good enough to do one of the two of us so I could prove I was there.

Osborne was an attraction that everyone needs to see. Especially since Jennings Osborne passed away last year (not too long before our trip). It was a crazy thing he started all those years ago. Iím just glad that Disney picked up where he left off.

After we left DHS, we took a very uncomfortable bus ride to POR-FQ - someone got on the back of the bus - and we couldn't unload fast enough. I thank our lucky stars that it was dark. I'm a sympathy sickie IYKWIM...

Once we got off the bus, we walked to the back of the resort to the canal and then took the boat over to DTD for some quick shopping.

The boat ride over was really relaxing after a long day! I think having the boats there at POR is a blessing in disguise and that more people should utilize the boat transport, but I'm glad they don't so we don't have to wait on a boat!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #148
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sorry about the food at Sci Fi. I had lunch there and it was actually one of the better burgers I had at Disney.

Despite the no tripod, your shots at Osbourne turned out great.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh...I'm a sympathy sickie too.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #149
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

I am in concurrence with Jenn the food was very mediocre, but the atmosphere was well worth eating there. I think if I was going to recommend it to people I would say shoot for a lunch there instead, it would be a nice break form the park.

As per the lights, I see pictures of it and it looks amazing but when I get there the herd of peopel just kills it for me . It is so hard to move around with everyone just standing around ruining my pictures I think If I go next time I will wait until the park is close to close. I have heard it looks like a grave yard.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #150
kwitcherkicken99

So, DH and I have been talking about our next trip...

Looks like we've settled on late May 2014.

Is it too early to start a PTR?

Tags
adult trip, backstage magic tour, boardwalk inn, christmas, mvmcp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: