Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #1201
danielleyoung0
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
I registered at noon on the button and called runDisney immediately afterwards to book at Art of Animation (so happy it's a host!) - the Princess block was already sold out

I didn't want another resort so they put me through to central reservations and I booked it that way. I will hope for free dining or something before that time. I was a little put off that the blocks would be sold out within 20 minutes - obviously they didn't have many rooms held. But, I'm at least glad to hear that maybe I didn't miss much of a discount!

Jodi
Hi Jodi!
I just got off the phone booking AoA through RunDisney. They initially said standard rooms only, but they are putting in requests to upgrade to suites. BUT I did get a standard room booked! We're at about $1,450 for 5 days, 4 nights with park hoppe, 3 adults in the standard room BEFORE dining plan. The dining plan options aren't available until July 17th. The suite would be $2,325ish (before dining plan) IF I am able to reserve it.

Hope that helps!

-Danielle
Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #1202
Schmaggie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw View Post
I just signed up for this tonight! As I stated in the title I am scared and excited at the same time.

Here's a little background on me: I'm 42. I'm what most nice people would call the Pooh Sized. I have gone from the low to mid 300's to 265 lbs. since October of 2011 when I had emergency back surgery when I ruptured 2 discs. I have done a lot local 5ks at about a 17 minute pace and know that if I put my mind into it, I can do this half as well. I work out 3-5 times a week at our local gym.

I am looking for any advice that I can get.

Can't wait to read all the posts and get to know everyone.
I can totally relate! For the 2012 Princess, I was in a similar situation. It was my first race at this distance, and I am on the downward trend with the scale, too.

You CAN do this. Follow a training plan, don't do too much too soon, and above all HAVE FUN. With as much time as we have between now and "go time", you'll definitely improve and be able to truly enjoy the process. There is no better feeling in the world than crossing that finish line!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #1203
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

I just called WDW reservations directly and was able to save a little $$ booking and using our CSAA (automobile association) card for a discount. Doing that it was cheaper than the quote I got through RunDisney. Only had to pay for one night and pay the balance when we check in vs the 45 days prior through RunDisney.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #1204
MaryJ
Believes in Tag Gremlins, not Tag Fairies
Has unstinky Crocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2princesses View Post
Why can some people book dvc already and some have to wait? I know that we are booked at boardwalk with friends and have been booked for a few weeks already.
If the resort that you want to book your home resort (that is, the one where you own points) then you can make a reservation up to 11 months in advance. Otherwise, you have to wait until 7 months in advance of your check in date to make a reservation.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #1205
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD
I just called WDW reservations directly and was able to save a little $$ booking and using our CSAA (automobile association) card for a discount. Doing that it was cheaper than the quote I got through RunDisney. Only had to pay for one night and pay the balance when we check in vs the 45 days prior through RunDisney.
Good to know!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #1206
mana'olana
Mouseketeer

Is it worth it to stay at the Contemporary for the race? I just worry about the bussing to the race. If you could choose any resort for the race, money not a concern, which would one you guys/gals choose for convenience and such?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oct '97 ASM Honeymoon Dec '05 AKL Baby Girl's 1st Trip Sep '06 Poly Concierge Aug '07 Contemporary Pirate & Princess Party Oct '09 POR July '12 Beach Club Mar '13 CBR Mar '14 Cruisin'
Old 07-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #1207
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

I'll be jumping in this thread. I don't know exactly when I will be able to sign up but my hubby and I want to do the race for the special anniversary medal. Race weekend is at the start of my spring break so when I get my schedule for the winter semester I can determine how much we can afford and how long we can stay.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
Old 07-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #1208
Stitch Pelekai
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa3Princess View Post
They also have the discounted tickets available at the expo. They are listed as half day tickets for $56.00 but were able to use them for a full day. Just putting it out there for people that may not stay for long time but want a day or two in the parks.
Thanks for this tip .... if my "2005 non expiring" tickets aren't accepted by WDW, it's nice to know there are other options than to pay full price.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #1209
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mana'olana View Post
Is it worth it to stay at the Contemporary for the race? I just worry about the bussing to the race. If you could choose any resort for the race, money not a concern, which would one you guys/gals choose for convenience and such?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I love CR!!! And for the race I think it would be perfect. You can take the bus to the start and then after you can use the monorail to get back and not have to deal with the buses at the end. Plus you are SO close to MK for the rest of the trip and if you have anyone coming with you, they can come down to the front of the resort and see you go by or walk over to MK to see you on Main Street then hop the monorail to get to the finish!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2princesses View Post
Why can some people book dvc already and some have to wait? I know that we are booked at boardwalk with friends and have been booked for a few weeks already.
As pp said, you can book your home resort at 11 months so your friends must be owners at BWV. You cannot book somewhere else until 7 months from check in so for most that is next week sometime. I am SO WORRIED about not getting what we want.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #1210
mahipp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch Pelekai View Post
Thanks for this tip .... if my "2005 non expiring" tickets aren't accepted by WDW, it's nice to know there are other options than to pay full price.
Why don't you call Disney and verify your tickets before you go? I'm sure if you gave them the codes off the backs, they could tell you whether or not they'll work.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #1211
Stitch Pelekai
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipp View Post
Why don't you call Disney and verify your tickets before you go? I'm sure if you gave them the codes off the backs, they could tell you whether or not they'll work.

I keep forgetting to bring them with me when I go to work (doh!).
Old 07-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #1212
mommyof2princesses
Being mom to 2 princessess is a lot of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJ View Post
If the resort that you want to book your home resort (that is, the one where you own points) then you can make a reservation up to 11 months in advance. Otherwise, you have to wait until 7 months in advance of your check in date to make a reservation.
Thanks for the clarification! We almost bought into DVC as we go every year, but we chickened out. which was probably good, because the year after we almost bought it dh lost his job and it was a tough few months. We still aren't bringing in what we used to so its good we didn't.

i am all registered!
Now, i really need to get running!

2/2014 Boardwalk Girls only!12/2013 POFQ FD1/29/12 POFQ FD POP 1/11 FD! Disneyland 4/10 POFQ 9/09 FD
AKL 9/08 POFQ 9/07 FD POFQ 9/06 FDg POFQ 10/05 Kids first trip!
Off property Honeymoon Trip 12/00 Off property 4/82 My first trip!
http://myrunningshoeisaglasssliper.blogspot.com/
Old 07-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #1213
dmonroe
DIS Veteran

My friend and I just registered last night! It's my first half (hers too)! Now we need to decide where we want to stay. Boardwalk is our first choice, but we will see!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #1214
kbondi
Earning My Ears

First Time

Hi All!
I registered yesterday for the half marathon and booked my hotel (Port Orleans, Riverside). It's my first time and I am doing it alone! I am nervous (terrified actually) and so excited at the same time. Has anyone else ran/walked alone?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #1215
Nishmom
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! It's been a really long few months. After being all registered for the 2012 Princess (with hubby), a breast cancer diagnosis totally derailed me. I had bilateral mastectomies in mid-January, came to WDW to watch hubby and daughter-in-law run the Princess (I think I cried the whole time!), started chemo March 1, resumed running (sort of) around the beginning of June. The race folks deferred my 2012 registration to 2013, and hubby just registered yesterday. Now I'm so excited I can't stand it!! Hope to run a half at the Outer Banks in November, just to make sure I can still do it. Now the problem is two-fold: where to stay and how much can we afford. We LOVE the Polynesian but rented points to use at Animal Kingdom last February and really enjoyed it. How to decide..... I can't call WDW yet until we have some idea of budget and chemo brain makes this stuff even harder! Now if my hair would just grow back - I will need it to hold a tiara.

Pattie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: