Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #1186
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

It sold out in january 2011, but not until feb 20, 2012

I usually do parks Friday, easy on Saturday for no more than half the day, then full out Sunday and Monday.

The room prices are giving me a headache. Last year there was a good AP discount in October, so I have my fingers crossed

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #1187
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

That ticket price is way off! 3 days with park hoppers was 190 I think on the website. Did you price it on the special website?

Yeah, rundisney was pretty bad today I think. I talked to 2 people who really seemed confused. Had to keep putting me on hold, which is ok, but it was clear something wasn't working right today

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #1188
becky11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollieplus2 View Post
How fast did this sell out last year?
I registered a couple of weeks before the race, I believe.

Retired USAF 11/1/12 after 21 years!

Apparently, I'm a runner. Who knew?
------------------------------------
Race for the Taste 10K (WDW) 11 Oct 09 -- Tower of Terror 13K (WDW) 24 Oct 09 -- Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 2 Oct 10 -- 2nd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 1 Oct 11 -- Inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon (DL) 29 Jan 12 -- Royal Family 5K (WDW) 25 Feb 12 -- 4th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 26 Feb 12 - CtC! -- 5th Annual Expedition Everest Challenge (WDW) 5 May 12 - DH's first race! -- US Air Force Marathon (Dayton, OH) 15 Sep 12 - first full marathon! -- Inaugural Tower of Terror 10-miler (WDW) 29 Sep 12 -- 3rd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 10 Nov 12 -- 5th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 24 Feb 13
Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #1189
jennifer_f
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That ticket price is way off! 3 days with park hoppers was 190 I think on the website. Did you price it on the special website?

what is the special website?

I think I will let the dust settle from all these things being released at once and call back in a few days to get a better quote since we do already have our rooms booked!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #1190
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer_f View Post
what is the special website?
On your race confirmation of registration there will be a link to theme park tickets website and a code to use to get into the site.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #1191
jennifer_f
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
On your race confirmation of registration there will be a link to theme park tickets website and a code to use to get into the site.

I didn't even see that! thanks so much...checking it out now!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #1192
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo!! I'm all signed up! We are DVC members, so I have to wait till July 21 to book my room. I'm a little bummed that SSR isn't a host resort again (our home away from home), but I'm hoping to book Boardwalk and I have never stayed there. So it will be fun to check out a new resort! Just wanted to book my room toay so it was one more thing checked off the list.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #1193
hollieplus2
Tags always make people happy
I kept saying chewable
My toes might appreciate some alone time

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky11 View Post
I registered a couple of weeks before the race, I believe.
Cool!!! Very new to running and it's been very slow going with very very painful shin splints that I just can't get rid of. I'm registered for the ToT 10miler and would really like to see how I do before I spend the money on this.

July 2006---Pop, ASMovies, Animal Kingdom
September/October 2007---POFQ
December 2009---WDW & DCL
September 2012---POR/ToT 10 Miler
Old 07-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #1194
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

First Timer- Scared and Excited at the Same Time!

I just signed up for this tonight! As I stated in the title I am scared and excited at the same time.

Here's a little background on me: I'm 42. I'm what most nice people would call the Pooh Sized. I have gone from the low to mid 300's to 265 lbs. since October of 2011 when I had emergency back surgery when I ruptured 2 discs. I have done a lot local 5ks at about a 17 minute pace and know that if I put my mind into it, I can do this half as well. I work out 3-5 times a week at our local gym.

I am looking for any advice that I can get.

Can't wait to read all the posts and get to know everyone.

BTW- my favorite princess is Belle.

Just booked Beach Club on DVC points for Fri Sat Sun and Mon. We plan on flying home on Sunday night but I wanted the room so that I could shower, change and relax. I don't know if it is a host resort but one of the EPCOT resorts I would think would have to be. I couldn't locate the list of host resorts on the Run Disney site.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris

Last edited by acourtwdw; 07-10-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #1195
annabanna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Woo Hoo!! I'm all signed up! We are DVC members, so I have to wait till July 21 to book my room. I'm a little bummed that SSR isn't a host resort again (our home away from home), but I'm hoping to book Boardwalk and I have never stayed there. So it will be fun to check out a new resort! Just wanted to book my room toay so it was one more thing checked off the list.
Did they post the host resorts? I didn't see it yet.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #1196
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanna View Post
Did they post the host resorts? I didn't see it yet.
The host resorts are listed under Travel Details. It's in the purple box in the upper left corner. Looks like most of the resorts are except SSR and OKW.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #1197
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Well, I did it. I am registered. I also added the Race Retreat for me since I will be alone in the AM and then the Platinum Cheer for DH! I am getting so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
We are in the same boat but our home is OKW. Who knows, once the dust settles they might add those too (we can hope right?) because SSR was a host last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw View Post
I just signed up for this tonight! As I stated in the title I am scared and excited at the same time.

Here's a little background on me: I'm 42. I'm what most nice people would call the Pooh Sized. I have gone from the low to mid 300's to 265 lbs. since October of 2011 when I had emergency back surgery when I ruptured 2 discs. I have done a lot local 5ks at about a 17 minute pace and know that if I put my mind into it, I can do this half as well. I work out 3-5 times a week at our local gym.

I am looking for any advice that I can get.

Can't wait to read all the posts and get to know everyone.

BTW- my favorite princess is Belle.

Just booked Beach Club on DVC points for Fri Sat Sun and Mon. We plan on flying home on Sunday night but I wanted the room so that I could shower, change and relax. I don't know if it is a host resort but one of the EPCOT resorts I would think would have to be. I couldn't locate the list of host resorts on the Run Disney site.
Welcome and Congrats on your journey! That is wonderful!!

Also getting into BCV is awesome! BC/YC are host resorts so you are all set! We are hoping to be able to get in next week when our 7 month booking window opens so keep your fingers crossed!!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #1198
mommyof2princesses
Being mom to 2 princessess is a lot of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
Well, I did it. I am registered. I also added the Race Retreat for me since I will be alone in the AM and then the Platinum Cheer for DH! I am getting so excited.

We are in the same boat but our home is OKW. Who knows, once the dust settles they might add those too (we can hope right?) because SSR was a host last year

Welcome and Congrats on your journey! That is wonderful!!

Also getting into BCV is awesome! BC/YC are host resorts so you are all set! We are hoping to be able to get in next week when our 7 month booking window opens so keep your fingers crossed!!
Why can some people book dvc already and some have to wait? I know that we are booked at boardwalk with friends and have been booked for a few weeks already.

2/2014 Boardwalk Girls only!12/2013 POFQ FD1/29/12 POFQ FD POP 1/11 FD! Disneyland 4/10 POFQ 9/09 FD
AKL 9/08 POFQ 9/07 FD POFQ 9/06 FDg POFQ 10/05 Kids first trip!
Off property Honeymoon Trip 12/00 Off property 4/82 My first trip!
http://myrunningshoeisaglasssliper.blogspot.com/
Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #1199
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer_f View Post
I didn't even see that! thanks so much...checking it out now!
I would definitely recommend using that code. I saved over $100 on my park hopper when all was said and done for 2012.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 07-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #1200
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

They also have the discounted tickets available at the expo. They are listed as half day tickets for $56.00 but were able to use them for a full day. Just putting it out there for people that may not stay for long time but want a day or two in the parks.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: