Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #1171
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

I registered at noon on the button and called runDisney immediately afterwards to book at Art of Animation (so happy it's a host!) - the Princess block was already sold out

I didn't want another resort so they put me through to central reservations and I booked it that way. I will hope for free dining or something before that time. I was a little put off that the blocks would be sold out within 20 minutes - obviously they didn't have many rooms held. But, I'm at least glad to hear that maybe I didn't miss much of a discount!

Jodi
Old 07-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #1172
saysay
DIS Veteran

So it appears all resorts have transportation, but the discount is not so magical! Hmm...... now to expand my options for lodging..... though I have some emails out for a quote! I really want POFQ and I know if I want a room there I better book it now.

Darn that is another $200!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #1173
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

I haven't been around in a while, but I registered today for this race. It will be my second princess half, I am looking forward to this race and hope training is going well for everyone. I have not been running much, been working on speed and strengthening this summer and will go back towards my distance training once the fall hits. I still will do the occasional 10-15 mile run, but not as often, just been too busy with other things right now to put aside 2 hours to get a 15 miler in is tough right now.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #1174
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04 View Post
I haven't been around in a while, but I registered today for this race. It will be my second princess half, I am looking forward to this race and hope training is going well for everyone. I have not been running much, been working on speed and strengthening this summer and will go back towards my distance training once the fall hits. I still will do the occasional 10-15 mile run, but not as often, just been too busy with other things right now to put aside 2 hours to get a 15 miler in is tough right now.
Hi Dan- I remember you from 2011. We are birthday twins! Welcome back! Are you running in a dress again?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #1175
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

Yes, this year I am looking for a good Rapunzel one, if I am unable to find one, I will squeeze myself into the kids XL one the sell at the parks, since I do fit it. But this is what makes this race great, I am a male, I cannot award, so I go out and have fun, even though I will probably do the same at ToT and Mickey.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #1176
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just a thought....

I wonder if the discounts are not that good because the 2013 packages have not been released yet. Tomorrow is the release date for 2013 so I wonder if that will impact the prices. Might make them better. Just a thought
Old 07-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #1177
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
I registered at noon on the button and called runDisney immediately afterwards to book at Art of Animation (so happy it's a host!) - the Princess block was already sold out

I didn't want another resort so they put me through to central reservations and I booked it that way. I will hope for free dining or something before that time. I was a little put off that the blocks would be sold out within 20 minutes - obviously they didn't have many rooms held. But, I'm at least glad to hear that maybe I didn't miss much of a discount!

Jodi
That's just weird. I didn't call to look at room rates until about 3:30 pm. I got a quote for AoA for 5 days at $909, Wilderness for $2139 and Contemp for $2116.

It doesn't make any sense that Contemporary would be lower than WL. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see when the other rates come out.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #1178
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
That's just weird. I didn't call to look at room rates until about 3:30 pm. I got a quote for AoA for 5 days at $909, Wilderness for $2139 and Contemp for $2116.

It doesn't make any sense that Contemporary would be lower than WL. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see when the other rates come out.
Was it a Garden Wing room? Those are cheaper than the tower (but the same room set up)
Old 07-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #1179
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
Was it a Garden Wing room? Those are cheaper than the tower (but the same room set up)
No, I think it was the tower.

I just called run Disney back to try more price quotes. These seemed a little better:

Pop for 2 adults / 2 kids with 5 day base tix - $1852
POR with 5 day - $2061

Dining info won't be released for 2 more weeks. Ugh! Clearly, they don't understand that I want to do everything all at one time!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #1180
Prefam4
Earning My Ears

Just registered this morning! This will be my first half marathon! I am so excited! I will probably do the race retreat, just haven't signed up for it yet.
1st Family Trip- POP- 10/16/2011,
Joined DVC - SSR home resort 6/2012
Princess Half Trip- BLT- 02/21/2013
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #1181
magickingdom
disney daydreamer

I was able to register this morning along with my little sister. My older sister and mom bought their chEAR package. We are all very excited. We also got reservations at POFQ!! I will be keeping an eye out for any more discounts! Happy opening registration day everyone and good luck with the training

Old 07-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #1182
Keels
Earning My Ears

Well - I registered on a whim today! Mostly because I want to come up with a cute costume, but also because I want to have motivation to get back to running.

I hope y'all don't mind if I bug you with newbie questions every so often!

Because of the early start - for those of you veterans of the PHM, have you done the parks during your visit? And if so, when did you go? I'm thinking we may do a half-day at EPCOT on Saturday, but I don't want to do TOO much because of the early start and the run the next day ... but I'd hate to come all the way in from Texas without a chance to have some non-running fun.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #1183
hollieplus2
Tags always make people happy
I kept saying chewable
My toes might appreciate some alone time

How fast did this sell out last year?

July 2006---Pop, ASMovies, Animal Kingdom
September/October 2007---POFQ
December 2009---WDW & DCL
September 2012---POR/ToT 10 Miler
Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #1184
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keels View Post
Well - I registered on a whim today! Mostly because I want to come up with a cute costume, but also because I want to have motivation to get back to running.

I hope y'all don't mind if I bug you with newbie questions every so often!

Because of the early start - for those of you veterans of the PHM, have you done the parks during your visit? And if so, when did you go? I'm thinking we may do a half-day at EPCOT on Saturday, but I don't want to do TOO much because of the early start and the run the next day ... but I'd hate to come all the way in from Texas without a chance to have some non-running fun.
Technically, you are supposed to go easy on Saturday. However, I can't seem to do that at Disney World. So, we go pretty much close to all day on Saturday (cut out early dinner-time) and relax at dinner and in-room. Last year we went to the parks Friday and Sunday after the race (and a shower!) as well - we were leaving Monday, so it had to be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollieplus2 View Post
How fast did this sell out last year?
Didn't sell out until January last year, I think. Might do it a touch earlier b/c of the 5th annvsy, but I still would think that it would be late December at the earliest - it's the 20th annvsy of the January marathon, so I think people might be torn between the two.

Registered! Will seriously have to beef up the Princess fund to cover increased lodging costs and ticket prices this year!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #1185
jennifer_f
Earning My Ears

I called the Run Disney number today and was given a quote for room only for 3 nights of $875 for POFQ. And she quoted me tickets for 340.80 for three days no park hopper. I can't figure out how she got that ticket price and it seemed a bit steep to me . I am used to military tickets but I wanted to know what type of discounts runners get in case the military discount is non existent or not as good next year. Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow when I can price it out online myself! I had already booked rooms at POFQ because that is where we want to stay and didn't want them to sell out once packages are released!!

Now to start thinking of my costume and getting a tiara!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: