Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #1126
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Oh- and everyone watch Julie's video. It ROCKS. It was well timed to get people pumped about shelling out $$$ for the race Julie!

I agree!!! I am sooooo ready to register!!!
Julie again it was nice seeing your video, it brought back wonderful memories!!!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #1127
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Great video Julie!!
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #1128
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post

But then I love a good race and having the chance to do a practice race and meet some fellow Princesses (mamasmurf227 and DeerIsleMaine) would be really nice too. And having an ice cold beer at the end of the race doesn't hurt either. I guess I have some thinking to do.

I'm excited for registration tomorrow! I can't wait to make it official! Anyone doing both the half and the 5K? If so, are you registering for both tomorrow?

Holly
::chanting:: Do it! Do it! How fun would it be having a pre-princess meetup, cold beer & a beach too? Sounds awesome.

And, yes--I'll be doing the 5K and the half. My daughter (who will be turning 6 during our trip) really wants to try the 5K. I obviously won't be racing (although, in most of my races several 8/9 year olds have finished ahead of me, so maybe I will be. ). I just hope she is able to cross the finish. I think I'm going to hold off registering for the 5K a little bit until I can get her outside some more to make sure she can do the pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherann1015 View Post
So I broke the news to my hubby last night that I wanted to do this. He thinks that I have lost my mind. He also thinks that I should know for sure that I can go 13.1 miles before I put the $$ out. He isn't much support in that department. He likes the idea of me trying to better myself. (he was the same way when I told him I wanted to do a 5K)

When I first started running in February I wasn't able to run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die! In my second ever 5K a couple of weeks ago I averaged a 13.5 minute mile. I was very proud of myself. And it was HOT!!

So I guess I'm just rambeling... With or without his support I AM DOING THIS!!

Go for it! I'm sure he'll jump on board and be supportive. If not, there are tons of us here to cheer you on! My hubby was skeptical too, but now he's started running and has signed up for a race himself. You never know!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #1129
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Today's the day, TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!! I can't wait to sign up!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #1130
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes
Woohoo! Was my thought my whole run this morning!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1131
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
I woke up so excited! I am taking the kids to the waterpark today though so I have to wait until later afternoon to register! Is it bad I considered making us go later so I could register first? I did have to remind myself that it won't fill up today!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1132
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
::And, yes--I'll be doing the 5K and the half. My daughter (who will be turning 6 during our trip) really wants to try the 5K. I obviously won't be racing (although, in most of my races several 8/9 year olds have finished ahead of me, so maybe I will be. ). I just hope she is able to cross the finish. I think I'm going to hold off registering for the 5K a little bit until I can get her outside some more to make sure she can do the pace.
In April my 7 year old DD did a 5K with me. We did Jeff Galloway run 2 walk 1 I ran at her pace.. that stinker had us finish in 37 mins!!! I was so very proud of her. It was no sweat to her at all.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #1133
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
I woke up so excited! I am taking the kids to the waterpark today though so I have to wait until later afternoon to register! Is it bad I considered making us go later so I could register first? I did have to remind myself that it won't fill up today!
LOL! It won't fill up today. I think there will be many months of registration time. But I totally understand the giddyness!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #1134
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post

I'm signing up Friday, but how exciting!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #1135
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

I think I've got everyone added to the front page

LMK if I don't!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #1136
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you can pay for race reg with Disney gift cards? I know you can with the discounted park tickets, but not sure of race reg. The cheapo in me is always thinking of working a deal - our local grocery store is doing fuel points and when you buy a gift card from them you get 2x the fuel points. As we are about to go on vacation..... I'm looking to up that amount!

Oh, and thanks, Julie (SaySay) for the awesome video - I feel famous! Although we need to discuss about including my Tinker tinkle break! I feel like if we get a group of Princesses next year, we might have to actually work out choreography or something. Hmmmm....flash mob at the Magic Kingdom? It could happen!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #1137
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Does anyone know if you can pay for race reg with Disney gift cards? I know you can with the discounted park tickets, but not sure of race reg. The cheapo in me is always thinking of working a deal - our local grocery store is doing fuel points and when you buy a gift card from them you get 2x the fuel points. As we are about to go on vacation..... I'm looking to up that amount!

Oh, and thanks, Julie (SaySay) for the awesome video - I feel famous! Although we need to discuss about including my Tinker tinkle break! I feel like if we get a group of Princesses next year, we might have to actually work out choreography or something. Hmmmm....flash mob at the Magic Kingdom? It could happen!
Flash Mob at MK Love it
Old 07-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #1138
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post

Not sure if you can online, but when I called about host resorts the guy said they could take race registration over the phone too. Maybe if you call they can do it with gift cards?

Tinker Tinkle... tehehe! I want to be in on the flash mob. How fun!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #1139
micbalaguer
Earning My Ears

My first 1/2 and my first post!

Im so excited for registration to open for the 1/2, I was doing web searches and found your board and joined!

I am running my first run disney event at the Tower of Terror this fall, I have registered for the TinkerBell, and waiting to do the Princess Registration to complete my Coast to Coast! I have been dieting and running since around Thanksgiving, feeling great, and so excited to run DISNEY!!

Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #1140
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Waiting, waiting, waiting on the West Coast to register !!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: