Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #1111
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Oh- and everyone watch Julie's video. It ROCKS. It was well timed to get people pumped about shelling out $$$ for the race Julie!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #1112
mahipp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
Heatherann, way to go. Just keep following the training and you will get there. You have all of us to support you!

FINALLY finished my race weekend video from last year's race. Its here or you can always find it on my blog which is by my signature.

http://youtu.be/0wrDvvDduUM
Your video made me cry. I want to do this so badly! I want that medal! I may watch your video every day for the next 230 days!
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #1113
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Kristin- a couple of us called and were told by CMs that ALL resorts... ALL resorts... would be host hotels. But one other person called and got a conflicting answer. So it remains to be seen- but rumor has it that we can choose from any resort and they will have transpo. Wouldn't that be bad ***?
Thanks for the info, that would be wicked bad *** if ALL resports had transpo! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Geez, my friend emails me 4 hours ago just dropping the suggestion and now I'm all ramped up for it! I hope we can make this work...it would be awesome on so many levels.

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #1114
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherann1015 View Post
So I broke the news to my hubby last night that I wanted to do this. He thinks that I have lost my mind. He also thinks that I should know for sure that I can go 13.1 miles before I put the $$ out. He isn't much support in that department. He likes the idea of me trying to better myself. (he was the same way when I told him I wanted to do a 5K)

When I first started running in February I wasn't able to run for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to die! In my second ever 5K a couple of weeks ago I averaged a 13.5 minute mile. I was very proud of myself. And it was HOT!!

So I guess I'm just rambeling... With or without his support I AM DOING THIS!!

You are doing great and I am sure he will start being more supportive. My DH is not a runner so he had a hard time even figuring out why I want to do this. He is getting a lot better though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU View Post
Hi All,

I ran the Princess in 2011 and my friend just pinged me about running it together in 2013! Still doing some bean counting for it...but it would be great to do again and make it a girls weekend!

So, I apologize if this has been asked, but does anyone know the list of sponsor resorts? We camped at Fort Wilderness the last time for a family vacation and I just drove myself over. We have an opportunity to use a friend's DVC points for 2013, but that would mean renting a car I believe...unless one of the DVC properties is a sponsor resort.

The ESPNWOS web site link to resort info just brings me to the home page.

TIA!
Also, last year, AKL, BC, BW and SSR were all host resorts/DVD properties so even if our information when we called wasn't right you should be able to find a DVC host resort or you can always take a cab that morning!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #1115
Stitch Pelekai
Earning My Ears

Cabs are running at 3:00 - 4:00 am there? Wow -- up here that's definitely not the norm *(at least there wouldn't be nearly enough cabs to accommodate a ton of people like the PHM have!)
Old 07-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #1116
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Oh- and everyone watch Julie's video. It ROCKS. It was well timed to get people pumped about shelling out $$$ for the race Julie!
Thanks! and for that Disney should give me a free race Well....many not considering I have Fresh Beat Band music.

Cantwaitvaca.....are you in the Space Mtn photo?

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 07-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #1117
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipp View Post
Your video made me cry. I want to do this so badly! I want that medal! I may watch your video every day for the next 230 days!
I loved other people's videos so I said I was going to do one....better late than never. I stopped SO much and believe it or not, I was faster this year than last...though I was injured last year and just happy to be limping along to the finish. Amy is alot faster than me and decided it would be more fun to do the race together....she was right...though we seriously loved the race the first year we both went at our own pace.

WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #1118
Heatherann1015
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the support ladies!!! It really means a lot!!

I can't register tomorrow, but am super excited for those of you that are!!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #1119
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch Pelekai View Post
Cabs are running at 3:00 - 4:00 am there? Wow -- up here that's definitely not the norm *(at least there wouldn't be nearly enough cabs to accommodate a ton of people like the PHM have!)
I think that Bell Services could call one for you if you were at a non host resort. It isn't like everyone would be needing one!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #1120
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I loved other people's videos so I said I was going to do one....better late than never. I stopped SO much and believe it or not, I was faster this year than last...though I was injured last year and just happy to be limping along to the finish. Amy is alot faster than me and decided it would be more fun to do the race together....she was right...though we seriously loved the race the first year we both went at our own pace.
That WAS a great video! Thank you for posting this....like mahipp, I will probably be watching it every day too, until the actual race.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #1121
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Heatherann, way to go. Just keep following the training and you will get there. You have all of us to support you!

FINALLY finished my race weekend video from last year's race. Its here or you can always find it on my blog which is by my signature.

Love the video! Can you tell us the songs you used?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #1122
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
Love the video! Can you tell us the songs you used?
The songs are from the Fresh Beat Band...a preschool show on Nick LOL...

"Here We Go", "Another Perfect Day", "Surprise Yourself" and "Waiting on Friend Like You".....

My little princess was and still is SO into that show and loves the songs. We have the CD so I figured why not use them! Catchy aren't they!

Oh and at the end in the outtakes....its from Move It Shake It Celebrate it Street party.... which IS Disney. Just downloaded it from somewhere.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #1123
My4Men
Lovin' the mouse

Add me, please....Lisa...or My4men. I'm in!! Loved it last year!!!

Princess 1/2 Marathon - February 2012
Disney Dream - September 2011
POP - April 2010
AKV-November-December '09!
POP - '08 Free dining - Grand Gathering
AStar Movies - '07 Free dining
POP - '06
Off-site - '05
Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #1124
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! and for that Disney should give me a free race Well....many not considering I have Fresh Beat Band music.

Cantwaitvaca.....are you in the Space Mtn photo?
No I am not one of the Goddess in that pic, 3 others are, but I sent them the link to your video.
I can’t wait to do it again!!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #1125
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Great job!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: