Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #916
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

2 weeks til registration!!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #917
mommyof2princesses
Being mom to 2 princessess is a lot of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
:ban ana:

2/2014 Boardwalk Girls only!12/2013 POFQ FD1/29/12 POFQ FD POP 1/11 FD! Disneyland 4/10 POFQ 9/09 FD
AKL 9/08 POFQ 9/07 FD POFQ 9/06 FDg POFQ 10/05 Kids first trip!
Off property Honeymoon Trip 12/00 Off property 4/82 My first trip!
http://myrunningshoeisaglasssliper.blogspot.com/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #918
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Anyone here have IT band issues? When it first started, how long for you to get it resolved?

Mine started mid May, but I didn't know what it was and kept running. Then I rested it for 2 weeks, then started foam rollering. That helped a lot, but it was still there. Finally went to doc, and am seeing a PT. Man, she's awesome at working that thing out!

But curious on how long it takes to get this to go away totally? I am doing the stretches, exercises, rolling, etc... but is this going to be forever for me to keep this from happening again or will I be able to stop all this extra stuff at some point?

Curious if you had to have your leg worked on- how long did the issue persist?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #919
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Anyone here have IT band issues? When it first started, how long for you to get it resolved?

Mine started mid May, but I didn't know what it was and kept running. Then I rested it for 2 weeks, then started foam rollering. That helped a lot, but it was still there. Finally went to doc, and am seeing a PT. Man, she's awesome at working that thing out!

But curious on how long it takes to get this to go away totally? I am doing the stretches, exercises, rolling, etc... but is this going to be forever for me to keep this from happening again or will I be able to stop all this extra stuff at some point?

Curious if you had to have your leg worked on- how long did the issue persist?
My IT band was so bad before the princess that is was lumpy, I went to the sports doc (2 of them) and they said rest but I could not rest as it was time for the princess. Its better now, but I have not pushed myself for a few months, BUT its still there, its not 100%
Old 06-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #920
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

UGH! Not what I want to hear! LOL

Mines not that bad- but it does hurt like a mofo at times.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #921
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
UGH! Not what I want to hear! LOL

Mines not that bad- but it does hurt like a mofo at times.
I would walk fine, but if I ran it would hurt they Heck,
I did the warrior dash a few weeks ago and it was there, but it was not bad.

I should not that I am overweight so that may play into it
Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #922
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I cannot believe it! I am beyond excited! I can't wait!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #923
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would walk fine, but if I ran it would hurt they Heck,
I did the warrior dash a few weeks ago and it was there, but it was not bad.

I should not that I am overweight so that may play into it
I am too- blah! I'm afraid that I will be in the middle of runs sorely needing to roll it out. I have visions of cutting my foam roller down, putting a strap on it, and running with it on my back. In case. I'm such a mental runner that if something is off, I obsess on it, and it causes even more issues.

reeeeaaaallllyyyyy hoping I can get this thing controlled before training needs to start. I ran for the first time last friday, very easy, very slow, and sure enough 15 min in I was in pretty good pain. Come on PT- do your magic!

Thanks for sharing my pain.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #924
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am too- blah! I'm afraid that I will be in the middle of runs sorely needing to roll it out. I have visions of cutting my foam roller down, putting a strap on it, and running with it on my back. In case. I'm such a mental runner that if something is off, I obsess on it, and it causes even more issues.

reeeeaaaallllyyyyy hoping I can get this thing controlled before training needs to start. I ran for the first time last friday, very easy, very slow, and sure enough 15 min in I was in pretty good pain. Come on PT- do your magic!

Thanks for sharing my pain.
I will say that I wish I did listen to my friends when they told me to rest, if I would of rested in Aug, Set, Oct instead of try to make myself faster, I would never of had these issues. If you can, take the next 30 days off from running, I SO know tht is hard to do. I can't just not run, do elliptical if you can, or swim now that its summer. If you rest it 30 days you will be better
You don't want to me like me going in to training for the princess all messed up.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #925
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
I cannot believe it! I am beyond excited! I can't wait!
I am really excited to!!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #926
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will say that I wish I did listen to my friends when they told me to rest, if I would of rested in Aug, Set, Oct instead of try to make myself faster, I would never of had these issues. If you can, take the next 30 days off from running, I SO know tht is hard to do. I can't just not run, do elliptical if you can, or swim now that its summer. If you rest it 30 days you will be better
You don't want to me like me going in to training for the princess all messed up.
I'm scheduled for 4 weeks of PT (this is first week) and won't run until she tells me I can. I am doing the elliptical though, and that feels fine. No pain at all. I plan on swimming, but (I know- lame) I hate to get wet. LOL For realz. I hate wet hair. But I do love to swim. I have issues, I know.

I am running Tinkerbell, so I could push it to not run until Sept, maybe even Oct, but I REALLY need to be running by then. So hoping in a month or so I can get back to some low mileage.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #927
FigmentMom
Earning My Ears

I want to thank everyone for the positive feedback on my 5k time. I have never been very good at sports, even as an adult I get picked last for teams or I am "forgotten" when putting together the team for the next year.

So, to finally find something I am "good" at has been absolutely amazing for me. I actually love running, the hills at the start and end of my long run may make me curse loudly and the 100+ temps this week have been brutal, but I still can't wait to get out there.

While my family is very supportive of my running, it is also nice to have this forum where there are other people that "get it".

So thanks again for your support.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #928
Gina15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post

First of all, congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome that you can run for 5 miles without stopping! Not many people can do that. How many times a week do you run? Are you crosstraining any? Biking or swimming?
It's hard to run fast during the summer, with the heat. I think if you just consistently train, you will see your time go down when fall rolls around.
If you are really concerned with your speed right now, get to the track and do some speed work. I'm doing speed work tonight. I'll warm up (800 jog/walk) and then I'm running mile intervals. I'll run my first mile the slowest, stop, get a drink, get my breath.. then run the next. I'm doing this four times. It's tough, but it works!
I run about 3-4 times a week. I have been travelling a lot so i dont get to the gym hardly ever But I have Zumba DVDs I bring with me everywhere I go and also a Jilliam Michaels DVD. And of course I walk everyday with my dogs.
I hope you are right about my time, I have noticed that while I am not getting very fast the run it self it easier. In January I couldnt even run 30 seconds so I know I have come a long way I just want to complete the Princess and get my medal !
Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #929
Gina15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I cant wait! This feels like my first semster in college when I couldnt wait to register for classes!! What time does registration open? I want to be up and ready to register ASAP!
Has there ever been issues with the site going down?
I am reistering a friend and myself for the 2 person team, anyone know what kinda info I will need on her to register besides DOB and Shirt size?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #930
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Two Questions:

1) I ran on a treadmill for the first time ever while staying in a hotel this week. Hated it! I felt like I was going to fall off and couldn't get used to adjusting the pace on the touchpad before I sped up or slowed down. I can't imagine running 8-10 miles on one. But the reality of training for a February race while living in Maine is that I will have to do some long runs on a treadmill or risk slipping on ice and snow. Does anyone have tips on training on a treadmill?

2) I'm hoping to merge a Princess Half trip and a mother-daughter trip with my oldest daughter. She will be 13 (a mature, responsible 13 - she's the mother hen of the siblings). Any thoughts on whether she can safely stay alone (and likely asleep) in our hotel room while I run the race? We'll be staying in a DVC resort - hopefully Beach Club.
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: