Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #886
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Is anyone on this thread doing any Chicago races to get ready for the Princess?
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #887
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Those alligators, even the idea of alligators really freak me out !!!!! That's one thing we don't have to worry about in CA.

I hope the Caribbean Beach Resort is one of the host resorts.
We stayed at CBR in January. Loved it -- but it was a little big, trying to get from one place to the next. But, the walks were GORGEOUS!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #888
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindystar View Post
And we've stayed at POR (at separate times), but would like to try POFQ since neither of us have stayed there If they're a host resort, they better pick us up
We stayed at POFQ a little over a year ago and LOVED it! If POR is not an option, POFQ is where I want to be!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #889
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
Is the 10k in August in the early morning? The one I just ran was HOT, but I wanted to get one under my belt for practice
No, it's actually at 6pm. (So, another drawback is that I will have been chasing my kids around all day, which I'm sure is more work than a 10K )

Old 06-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #890
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
We stayed at CBR in January. Loved it -- but it was a little big, trying to get from one place to the next. But, the walks were GORGEOUS!!!

We have stayed there before but it was years ago and really like the feel of the place. You are so right that it's big but we were thinking of paying $$ for the preferred locations.

Mostly, I just want something close to Epcots race start with a fun pool for our little mouseketeer.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #891
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post

Mostly, I just want something close to Epcots race start with a fun pool for our little mouseketeer.
We LOVED the pool! I think it's the best of all Disney pools!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #892
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
No, it's actually at 6pm. (So, another drawback is that I will have been chasing my kids around all day, which I'm sure is more work than a 10K )
I kwym! 6PM will be very hot! I like morning races
Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #893
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa3Princess View Post
Speaking of planning is anyone running a 10k or another race for corral placement? I usually run our big 4th of July race and use that time but if I don't like my time then I will look for a race in the fall.
I'm doing a 4th of July run in my hometown, but then not really doing anything else till Fall - summer is hell in FL! There is a 10k in St Augustine that will be my corral placement race. I'm looking forward to it because you run over the (recently renovated) Bridge of Lions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
I ran my first 5K in April, my next 5K on Oct 6 then my first 10K on Nov 11. Will the 10K be in time for my placement for the Princess?
I believe you can bring proof of pace to the Expo the day before and have your corral changed, so if you do a 10k in November and email it to the race people (sorry, I don't know who specifically!), they can update your corral placement. That's my plan - my 10k is right around Thanksgiving.

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #894
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Speaking of planning is anyone running a 10k or another race for corral placement? I usually run our big 4th of July race and use that time but if I don't like my time then I will look for a race in the fall.
I have my first 10K scheduled in two weeks. I probably won't use that for corral placement, though, because I'm not sure how well I'll do. I went away last week and haven't been running in about eight days. And I know it's going to be hot!

I have a question regarding the corral placements. My times right now estimate a three-hour finish. I know I only need to submit a race result if I'm faster than 2:45, but is it still beneficial to submit results even though I'm slower?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #895
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I am BACK! We just got back last night from a week at Disney, I love it there. I spent a lot of time trying to map the course out as we moved from park to park. It made me so excited! I have been bad though. Before we left I decided to take the week off from training since I knew with 2 kids and the double stroller, the parks were going to be a lot. I am glad I decided to not try and run there since I did more walking this time than last. One day we walked from the BC to DHS (I hate boats) twice so that was almost 4 miles, not counting the walk to Epcot for lunch and what we did in the park. I do have a blister from sand in my shoe so I think I am going to start hard training back Tuesday, I feel guilty but I want to make sure I am ready. And I want to be back at DISNEY ALREADY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
I did a 5K this morning and PR with 33:58. I was running with a friend and for about the first 2 miles we were just under a 10 minute mile!
Great Job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
When-o-when do we get to find out what the host resorts will be? I've got my hotel and registration all finished for the Tink half so I'm dying to get going on Princess planning! Who's with me?
I cannot wait. I want to know! It is driving me crazy. They have to announce it by registration time right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuO View Post
I too am getting anxious to get everything booked. Only myself and my DH will be going. I feel a little guilty leaving the kids at home, but it will be nice to tour the parks at our pace instead of our kids' pace.
I decided I am not going to feel guilty since it will be a short trip and I am looking forward to only worrying about me (selfish I know but this run is for me)

Quote:
I have one scheduled for August 4th and another for the middle of September. I cannot wait!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #896
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Hey, y'all - just posted what is the first of a series I am doing for anyone thinking about getting into this running thing!
http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...1-suit-up.html

Laughed - my training plan calls for hill repeats today. Um - I pushed a stroller with a 4 year old, lunch and a complete change of clothes for 3 kids all over Stone Mountain today. 4 rounds of helping the four year old go through the low ropes course. I think I'm good!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 06-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #897
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Mama.... I am doing the Peachtree, but since I have been having issues with tendonitis and been resting AND the course, well its not my fave, I plan on taking it slow. I plan on running the Gobble Jog 10K in Marietta on Thanksgiving to get a time to submit....while not flat, its a good course I think and great excuse to exercise on thanksgiving! IF I don't like my time I might try to do the 10k in January at the Chattahoochee Nature Center which is flat.

You can always submit a proof of time at the expo if you need to.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 06-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #898
mommyof2princesses
Being mom to 2 princessess is a lot of work!

Been MIa for a few weeks. I lost my dad last week so things have been a little crazy.

I have a question though! We are going to WDW Dec 10-15. How in the world am I going to keep with my training while there? I don't think I can go the whole week without running, but I am guessing I need to get a few runs in.

2/2014 Boardwalk Girls only!12/2013 POFQ FD1/29/12 POFQ FD POP 1/11 FD! Disneyland 4/10 POFQ 9/09 FD
AKL 9/08 POFQ 9/07 FD POFQ 9/06 FDg POFQ 10/05 Kids first trip!
Off property Honeymoon Trip 12/00 Off property 4/82 My first trip!
http://myrunningshoeisaglasssliper.blogspot.com/
Old 06-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #899
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
Hey Mama.... I am doing the Peachtree, but since I have been having issues with tendonitis and been resting AND the course, well its not my fave, I plan on taking it slow. I plan on running the Gobble Jog 10K in Marietta on Thanksgiving to get a time to submit....while not flat, its a good course I think and great excuse to exercise on thanksgiving! IF I don't like my time I might try to do the 10k in January at the Chattahoochee Nature Center which is flat.

You can always submit a proof of time at the expo if you need to.
Thanks SaySay I am banking on a fall time as I don't know what I was thinking about the Heat!!! I agree about the Gobble Jog and will definitely do that one for time. I hope your tendinitis is better. It's not in the same area as your foot?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #900
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about the loss Nicole!

Where are you staying? I know a lot of runners have favorite routes at the resorts. I got up when I was there last with family and ran at Ft. Wilderness. It was beautiful! But yeah, I only did it once because my legs were TOAST the next day after our Dumbo or Die park strategy.

My hip is still wonky. Getting a PT to work on it, so I haven't run in 8 weeks now. I did run a tiny bit today, and within 15 min it was tight as all get out. Luckily it was at my gym (upstairs runners track) so I grabbed a foam roller and worked it out. Huge relief.

I was joking with my friends that I will cut mine down, figure out a way to attach a strap to it, and wear it on my back for the Tink and Princess. I might have to stop somewhere along the way and work out the IT band and hip flexor. The foam roller is magic.

You wear wings, I wear a foam roller.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: