Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #871
mindystar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
I simply CANNOT wait until they announce the host hotels!!!

I was seriously considering POFQ as one option, since it is so small. But, we've stayed there before and I want to try out other hotels.

Now I'm thinking POR, but wondering if the bus will stop at all the bus stops at 3 am. I really don't want to get eaten alive by an alligator!

My plans will be completely foiled if neither of these is an option.
And we've stayed at POR (at separate times), but would like to try POFQ since neither of us have stayed there If they're a host resort, they better pick us up
1993-CR1996-Poly1997-Offsite1999-CR2002-AKL/Poly 2005-CR Feb 2006 PolyJune 2006-Sister's DFTW Custom Wedding (GF/CR)April 2007-PORDec 2007-Coronado2008-PolyMarch 2009-POR 30 B-day!May/June 2009-Family Vacation -GFJune 2010-CR May/June 2012-Family Vacation-PolyFeb 2013-Princess Half Marathon-POFQ December 2013-Pop Century
Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #872
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was seriously considering POFQ as one option, since it is so small. But, we've stayed there before and I want to try out other hotels.

Now I'm thinking POR, but wondering if the bus will stop at all the bus stops at 3 am. I really don't want to get eaten alive by an alligator!

My plans will be completely foiled if neither of these is an option.

Those alligators, even the idea of alligators really freak me out !!!!! That's one thing we don't have to worry about in CA.

I hope the Caribbean Beach Resort is one of the host resorts.
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #873
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

We went to Disney this past February and by this time last year, I had almost everything planned out or at least had marked on the calendar dates when I'd be able to plan stuff--dates hours would be released, when our ADR window opened, etc. We had our rooms booked (then changed them once FD came out, but still...) and had a list of where we wanted to eat and what we wanted to see.

This time, I have NOTHING except our travel dates. Unless there's a whole lot of pixie dust and we somehow end up with FD, we probably won't be doing many ADR's except my little princesses birthday meal of course! (She turns 6 on the 27th!) Still...the waiting is killing me. It just doesn't seem real until I book something!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #874
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Another planner here too! It definitely is a sickness! (but in a good way ) I'm waiting anxiously for host resorts to be announced. I'm hoping Saratoga Springs is a host again. I still have to figure out dining ressies.
Me too! I fell in love with SSR when we stayed a few years ago and consider it my favorite resort out of all of them.
Regarding dining, all I know is that I'm going to devour a skillet (or two ) at Whispering Canyon after the race!
Quote:
Now I'm thinking POR, but wondering if the bus will stop at all the bus stops at 3 am.
POR is my second choice of resorts. I love that they have queen beds, rather than the doubles they used to have!

If worse comes to worst and I have to stay value, I'll do either AoA (if it's a host) or All Star Music again.

Come on hotels!!!!!

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

Old 06-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #875
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
I did a 5K this morning and PR with 33:58. I was running with a friend and for about the first 2 miles we were just under a 10 minute mile!
Great job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipp View Post
3 weeks till registration!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
I am also really anxious to get registered, book hotel and flights!! I am checking the flights every week but still not booking that far ahead...aaah! It will seem so much more real when something is booked!

I haven't posted much, but this is my first half marathon. I have been running only since January, although I used to run back in the univeristy days (ie 12 years ago!). I just started doing some races this spring - I have done a 5K (29:46), an 8K (45:16) and a 10K (57:29). I have another 10K in a few weeks that I will be able to use for my corral placement. I love the race day feeling! I am running with a girlfriend and "sole mate" who is also new to running, but we are determined to do The Princess together! 21K sounds crazy right now, the most I have run at one time is 14K...but we have time, right?? LOL

Jodi
Those are some AWESOME times!!! I have a 10k next month, but it's a trail run and I am not trying to run fast and kill myself on it lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindystar View Post
And we've stayed at POR (at separate times), but would like to try POFQ since neither of us have stayed there If they're a host resort, they better pick us up
I'm also planning on POFQ. I'm a huge planner, and we are going to WDW for our family trip in October, staying at POR. I'm still working on organizing THAT trip, so the PHM trip is sort of on the back burner for now, but I do know flight dates and our hopeful resort.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #876
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Speaking of planning is anyone running a 10k or another race for corral placement? I usually run our big 4th of July race and use that time but if I don't like my time then I will look for a race in the fall.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #877
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa3Princess View Post
Speaking of planning is anyone running a 10k or another race for corral placement? I usually run our big 4th of July race and use that time but if I don't like my time then I will look for a race in the fall.
I am going to do a half in the fall
Old 06-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #878
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I ran a 10k two weeks ago, and I'm running a half in September
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #879
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm going to be doing a half in the fall. I'm also thinking of doing a 10K because I think I could probably get a better time with that. I'm torn--the one I wanted to do is the weekend before my half (which I don't think would make for a good half) but the other one is in August which is A.) hot and B.) sooner than I'd like to do it for the best time. Haven't figured out what to do.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #880
NC State
DIS Veteran

I ran my first 5K in April, my next 5K on Oct 6 then my first 10K on Nov 11. Will the 10K be in time for my placement for the Princess?

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
Old 06-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #881
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Speaking of planning is anyone running a 10k or another race for corral placement?
I'm sure hoping something local comes along, otherwise my TOT 10-Miler time will be it... and I'm not loving the thought of that long, hot, muggy run determining where I sit for the Princess, lol!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 06-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #882
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
I ran my first 5K in April, my next 5K on Oct 6 then my first 10K on Nov 11. Will the 10K be in time for my placement for the Princess?
It should be...I did a 10k for placement the first weekend of December in 2010 for Princess 2011 placement with no problems.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #883
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
I ran a 10k two weeks ago, and I'm running a half in September
I'm running a 10K in October. It is a Halloween race so it should be fun. Not sure if I'm going to dress up because I don't want to slow myself down by wearing something out of the ordinary.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #884
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I'm sure hoping something local comes along, otherwise my TOT 10-Miler time will be it... and I'm not loving the thought of that long, hot, muggy run determining where I sit for the Princess, lol!
I know what you mean. Normally I do not like summer races and do way better in the Fall. I am one of the people that my magic mile is between 4-6. My 10k time always look better than my half time.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #885
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
I'm going to be doing a half in the fall. I'm also thinking of doing a 10K because I think I could probably get a better time with that. I'm torn--the one I wanted to do is the weekend before my half (which I don't think would make for a good half) but the other one is in August which is A.) hot and B.) sooner than I'd like to do it for the best time. Haven't figured out what to do.
Is the 10k in August in the early morning? The one I just ran was HOT, but I wanted to get one under my belt for practice

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: