Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #856
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
I feel so BLAH right now--we've been on vacation this week (which really isn't so relaxing with a 2 yo and a 5yo), which means we've been eating crap, not drinking enough water, and I haven't gotten in any workouts since Tuesday. Supposed to do my "long" run of 4 miles tomorrow and I know it's going to be a bit of a challenge after being off so many days.

I have a 1/2 marathon in Sept and we are planning to be away again in August, so I know I need to have a plan in place to keep up with my training schedule during vacation. Any tips for staying on track when on vacation?
Oh boy, do I know all about this! I just got back from a vacation, too, and ate horribly. I did get a lot of exercise in because we were in the NC mountains, hiking and walking, plus one run, but spent a lot of time in the car, too. I've got another vacation coming up in a couple weeks and I plan to make sure I get my runs in, even though we'll be at WDW doing plenty of walking, and every meal gets vegetables or a salad and lean protein. No fries, few desserts. Period. We'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanna View Post
The thing I loved about the race today, and the thing that makes me look forward to the PHM even more, is how nice everyone was today. A total stranger (an elite runner) who finished way ahead me, actually came back and ran the last 500 or so yards with me encouraging me and cheering me on the whole way. It was really awesome!
Congrats - it's a great feeling, isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
I did a 5K this morning and PR with 33:58. I was running with a friend and for about the first 2 miles we were just under a 10 minute mile!
Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
When-o-when do we get to find out what the host resorts will be? I've got my hotel and registration all finished for the Tink half so I'm dying to get going on Princess planning! Who's with me?
I am! Which is pretty funny, given that I won't book until I see AP rates and fully intend to drive to the race, regardless of where I stay.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 06-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #857
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I am! Which is pretty funny, given that I won't book until I see AP rates and fully intend to drive to the race, regardless of where I stay.
Good...it's not just me. And can I just add that I have a co-worker planning a trip in early October for F&W fest that hasn't booked a room yet or made one single ADR (but has purchased flights)? When she talks about it, I go insane on the inside! I obviously have a problem.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #858
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

I am also really anxious to get registered, book hotel and flights!! I am checking the flights every week but still not booking that far ahead...aaah! It will seem so much more real when something is booked!

I haven't posted much, but this is my first half marathon. I have been running only since January, although I used to run back in the univeristy days (ie 12 years ago!). I just started doing some races this spring - I have done a 5K (29:46), an 8K (45:16) and a 10K (57:29). I have another 10K in a few weeks that I will be able to use for my corral placement. I love the race day feeling! I am running with a girlfriend and "sole mate" who is also new to running, but we are determined to do The Princess together! 21K sounds crazy right now, the most I have run at one time is 14K...but we have time, right?? LOL

Jodi
Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #859
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Good...it's not just me. And can I just add that I have a co-worker planning a trip in early October for F&W fest that hasn't booked a room yet or made one single ADR (but has purchased flights)? When she talks about it, I go insane on the inside! I obviously have a problem.
Um, just reading that is giving me hives! I may have a problem, too.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #860
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When-o-when do we get to find out what the host resorts will be? I've got my hotel and registration all finished for the Tink half so I'm dying to get going on Princess planning! Who's with me?
I'm with you !!! Everything is set for Tinker Bell even my outfit so I need another race to plan and obsess about And with the princess there is so much more to the planning than for Tink. But I've been in the pre-planning stages for months now to it's time to put those plans in action.

Hope DB is feeling better !!!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #861
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I'm with you !!! Everything is set for Tinker Bell even my outfit so I need another race to plan and obsess about And with the princess there is so much more to the planning than for Tink. But I've been in the pre-planning stages for months now to it's time to put those plans in action.

Hope DB is feeling better !!!
Aw, thanks he is...passed that sucker later the same day he went to go see the doctor about it...thank goodness!

Old 06-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #862
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aw, thanks he is...passed that sucker later the same day he went to go see the doctor about it...thank goodness!
Good !!!! That makes it easier on you !!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #863
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

I too am getting anxious to get everything booked. Only myself and my DH will be going. I feel a little guilty leaving the kids at home, but it will be nice to tour the parks at our pace instead of our kids' pace.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #864
mindystar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
Welcome aboard! So glad you are here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
to you, too! Lots of new princesses!
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle84 View Post
Welcome Mindy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Welcome! I think you have plenty of time. I started running June / July 2 years ago and I did both an absolute beginner plan plus a regular beginner half marathon plan by the time of the Princess. You can definitely do run / walk, even in 30 second intervals. The Princess is SO MUCH fun and a great goal!
Thank you all so much for the welcome!!!

Quote:
It was exciting to come back from WDW, decide to do this and get to start planning another trip down

Quote:
Originally Posted by magickingdom View Post
Hello everyone!! I am mindystar's little sister and will be doing the Princess 1/2 marathon 2013 for my 30th birthday.
It's going to be so much fun (and so much work )
1993-CR1996-Poly1997-Offsite1999-CR2002-AKL/Poly 2005-CR Feb 2006 PolyJune 2006-Sister's DFTW Custom Wedding (GF/CR)April 2007-PORDec 2007-Coronado2008-PolyMarch 2009-POR 30 B-day!May/June 2009-Family Vacation -GFJune 2010-CR May/June 2012-Family Vacation-PolyFeb 2013-Princess Half Marathon-POFQ December 2013-Pop Century
Old 06-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #865
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Seriously about the planning. I am ready to register and get working on things. I figured out my 180 days and am going to make sure I don't miss Ohana this trip. I cried staying at the Poly and couldn't get into Ohana to save my life. So sad.

I got registered and hotel booked for Tink the same day, but PHM takes a bit more planning (and money- oy!) I won't know if I am going cheap or deluxe until AP prices come out and my family makes their decision on coming or not. If my sisters are on board, we are going deluxe. If they bail on me, All Stars it is! Either way--- I am so excited to plan!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 06-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #866
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Seriously about the planning. I am ready to register and get working on things. I figured out my 180 days and am going to make sure I don't miss Ohana this trip. I cried staying at the Poly and couldn't get into Ohana to save my life. So sad.

I got registered and hotel booked for Tink the same day, but PHM takes a bit more planning (and money- oy!) I won't know if I am going cheap or deluxe until AP prices come out and my family makes their decision on coming or not. If my sisters are on board, we are going deluxe. If they bail on me, All Stars it is! Either way--- I am so excited to plan!
Add me to the list of must- have to planners! The whole combination of training plus planning is such fun!!!
I want to say congrats to all the Princess who are going to do this race!!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #867
mana'olana
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list

This will be my first Disney run and I am excited. Impatiently waiting for the room rates to be released. We will be new AP holders.

Oct '97 ASM Honeymoon Dec '05 AKL Baby Girl's 1st Trip Sep '06 Poly Concierge Aug '07 Contemporary Pirate & Princess Party Oct '09 POR July '12 Beach Club Mar '13 CBR Mar '14 Cruisin'
Old 06-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #868
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Oh, gosh - I'm a total planner, too, but here's what I ran into before last year's 2 weeks out and NOTHING TO DO. It really rather upset me! Everything was set, plans were made, favorite / must see rides and strategy was discussed.... and then nothing to do but wait. I'm not very good at waiting. So, it's a bit fun to leave SOMETHING for the last minute!

I'm kind of getting that way about our cruise. Since we used a travel agent and we're on that big ship, there's really nothing for me to plan. I know it will be fun, but I'm not used to taking a Disney vacation where there really isn't that much planning involved!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 06-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #869
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Another planner here too! It definately is a sickness! (but in a good way ) I'm waiting anxiously for host resorts to be announced. We are DVC members and I want to make my ressie now! I'm hoping Saratoga Springs is a host again. I still have to figure out dining ressies. I'm going with a friend and a friend of her's from FL is coming up too. I guess I should ask where they would want to eat, and what parks to go to. Now if JetBlue would just publish their fares after Feb 13 I could get my flights booked. Guess I should ask the friend when she wants to go down.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #870
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I simply CANNOT wait until they announce the host hotels!!!

I was seriously considering POFQ as one option, since it is so small. But, we've stayed there before and I want to try out other hotels.

Now I'm thinking POR, but wondering if the bus will stop at all the bus stops at 3 am. I really don't want to get eaten alive by an alligator!

My plans will be completely foiled if neither of these is an option.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: