Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #751
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerIsleDisney View Post
Anyone here logging their training on Daily Mile? I just joined - Amy V. in Deer Isle, Maine.
Friend requested you, I'm Kim W. Rochester, NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post
Well, I finished my first 10K yesterday 1 hour and "40seconds"...guess I should've really sprinted that last .2 miles
Congrats on the great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freepixie View Post
I'll look for you on there, I am Barbie L. from PA I love dailymile!!
Added you as well. Joined a couple weeks ago and haven't used the site much, but maybe I will now.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #752
FlowerInAdversity
Earning My Ears

I'm planning on having a male running buddy. I've finished a 10k race in 56:37. So if I am put in Corral B or even A, will I be allowed to start with C instead? I'm a total newbie to these races, so thanks for the help!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #753
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerInAdversity View Post
I'm planning on having a male running buddy. I've finished a 10k race in 56:37. So if I am put in Corral B or even A, will I be allowed to start with C instead? I'm a total newbie to these races, so thanks for the help!
You can move back to be with him, he cannot move up in corrals to be with you. already warned my mom and aunt about this for when I do the ToT next year.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #754
Fabulousmommy
Earning My Ears

(:

Hey ladies! I feel like I've been so off track this past week with my eating but I've stuck to my running so I'm very proud of myself for that! But I have a question! My husbands in the military so we have to go out of town sometimes so it really effects my eating habits! Does anyone have any advice for eating healthy while not at home? Like on vacation or anything like that? Thank you! And also if anyone has a blog can you let me know so I can follow you? It helps me seeing encouraging words from others! Mine is

Fabuloustodaynotfattommorrow.blogspot.com
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #755
thbath77
Earning My Ears

Question because I'm new to this whole thing. What does it mean to be at a host resort? Do anyone know roughly what discount is available on hotel if any?

Thanks
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney
Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #756
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbath77 View Post
Question because I'm new to this whole thing. What does it mean to be at a host resort? Do anyone know roughly what discount is available on hotel if any?

Thanks
The hotels they designate as the "host" hotels for the race will be the only hotels that will provide official race transportation (bus) to and from the expo and races throughout race weekend. If you stay at a non-host you will be responsible for getting to and from the events...rental car, taxi, etc. I think it's definitely easier and much less stressful to use the provided transportation at a host, but I know others use their own car or rental and prefer that. I don't know what the discount is on the rooms though.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #757
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the dailymile friend requests! It is definitely a motivator for me to know I'm posting my workouts where people can see them.

I'm about 20 pages into reading this thread and have already gotten lots of great tips and advice.

Happy running!
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Old 06-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #758
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks
Just replied on the February 2013 thread, but glad you found the answer over here. Welcome!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #759
thbath77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Just replied on the February 2013 thread, but glad you found the answer over here. Welcome!
haha I just saw your response over there!! Thanks for all your help. Where in NH are you located? We're in the Burlington, VT area nice to see someone near me!
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney
Old 06-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #760
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post
Well, I finished my first 10K yesterday 1 hour and "40seconds"...guess I should've really sprinted that last .2 miles But I'm very happy with the result! I didn't think it will be that close to 1 hour since I have yet to run a 5K race in under 30minutes.

It had been pouring the day before the race, and today it's raining again (and from the forecast, it'll be like this for the rest of the week here...), but yesterday was gorgeous! I got lucky

My next goal is half marathon in September! My reward is PHM next year...can't wait!!

By the way, if my 10K time is 1:00:40, would I be somewhere in Corral C? Just curious...I'm sure it depends on how many people sign up too so I guess I won't know for sure till I register.
GREAT TIME!!! Keep it up!

I am also waiting for registration so I can officially commit. I am just so excited. I did register for my first 10K (in August). A bunch of friends are running the 5K and are planning to cheer me on, I am not sure I like that since I don't know how I will finish but I am completely excited. I like the races!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #761
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
haha I just saw your response over there!! Thanks for all your help. Where in NH are you located? We're in the Burlington, VT area nice to see someone near me!
Rochester. I was actually thinking of doing the Burlington downtown 10K in Sept. It's the weekend before my 1st half though. Haven't decided what to do. Really wanted to do that race to have a 10k time to submit (since I'm not confident that I'll fully be ready for the hm in Sept.)

Old 06-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #762
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousmommy View Post
Hey ladies! I feel like I've been so off track this past week with my eating but I've stuck to my running so I'm very proud of myself for that! But I have a question! My husbands in the military so we have to go out of town sometimes so it really effects my eating habits! Does anyone have any advice for eating healthy while not at home? Like on vacation or anything like that? Thank you! And also if anyone has a blog can you let me know so I can follow you? It helps me seeing encouraging words from others! Mine is

Welcome fabulousmommy from one military wife to another! If the town you are visiting has a ready made deli, we find a good salad with lots of veggies and a little meat. If there is no deli available or premade salads, grab a bag of premade salad baby greens (or whatever you like!) and add some canned tuna in water, chicken and some veggies. We find most hotels have small refrigerators that you can store cold stuff. For breakfast, grab some oatmeal packets or ready made bowls and use the coffee pot in the room to add the hot water to it. If there is a microwave available, you can microwave eggs (with a little milk and cheese. It isn't bad really!) Most restaurants also offer a menu with "light options". Don't despair....I have me "chex mix muddy buddy days" and then get back on the treadmill.

Is hubby running/walking with you? Tell him other military hubbies will be there so he will not be alone!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #763
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

A good doctor's report

After starting my training for my FIRST EVER running event (a.k.a. the PHM) I started getting twinges in my knees so I made an appointment with the Sports Medicine Doctor. This guy was GREAT...very thorough with xrays and moving the legs and the good news is...no knee issues show up ! Can't use all the big words he used but...it came down to better hamstring stretches and....taking it SLOWLY ! (and a few ibuprofen thrown in as necessary) I did 2.5 miles before seeing him and am proud my time is down from 14:17 to 13:45 per mile. Slow progress but I am proud...if you have read my previous post you know my first goal is to complete the race in under 3:30....strive to get a better time...and stop for character pictures with time improvement. I probably won't see a 10K in an hour (more power to the princesses that can!) I am going to do this PHM so just be at the finish line to cheer me on!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #764
mahipp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousmommy View Post

Two friends of mine and I are book bloggers, we review mostly young adult books. http://www.evesfangarden.com We decided to do the PHM together next year, so here's our PHM blog.
http://fromthepagetotheprincess.weebly.com/

Both blogs are on Facebook and Twitter as well.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #765
mroa1031
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!!!
i been reading these blogs for past two years hoping that the following year i will be doing the princess 1/2 marathon. i am soo excited to know that i will be going next year for 2013. i have been training for the past 3 months every wednesday with running club down here in Miami. This past Saturday we start the 6 mile to 8 mile run also this past sunday i did my second 5k with timing of 32 mins.

the only down to part to all this is that these past few weeks i have been having terrible pain in my knees. went to doctor to find out that i have BAKER CYST.. so now i have to slow it down and i really dont want to because i will lose my timing.

anyways GIRLS, i have been reading some of your post keep up your great work and dont give up PRINCESS!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: