Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #3751
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,850

In 2011 I submitted a 1:19 10k and as put in B corral. The run I did had mega hills so I don't know if they compare routes because they have me an estimated 2:28 finish

Last year I didn't submit a time but estimated 2:45 and was C corral.

It changes every year
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #3752
JCH
DIS Veteran
 
JCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
For the previous PHM gals...how was your corral placement based on your time reported to run disney? (I.e., if you reported finishing at 2:50 were you in corral D, E or F?)
Reported 2:59 and got E. It seemed like C and better were the ones with proof of time 2:45 or better, D and E were those between 2:45 and 3:00, F and G were 3-3:30, and H was the 3:30s and those who put below 2:45 and didn't provide proof. Just an estimate, though, I could be completely wrong.
__________________
Jenn

Completed Races: Halloween 5k 2011 Family Fiesta 5k 2012 Princess HM 2012/3 ToT 10 Miler 2012/3 WDW Half 2013 Dumbo Double Dare 2013!
WDW 10k/Enchanted 10K 2014
JCH is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #3753
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygirl03 View Post
My main problem is my back. My chest is just too large for any sports bra to do the job, and if I do find one that does the job then I feel like I can't breathe. With all that in motion from running after a few minutes my back feels like its going to snap! I just stick with fast paced walking and am working on increasing my speed little by little.
I'm with ya, you aren't alone! My back and right shoulder always end up hurting from the girls gettin' their motion on. It's super frustrating trying to find the right bra... But there are a few posts a couple threads back that people recommended bras to check out when I asked! Being busty has it's perks, maybe. But DEFINITELY not when it comes to running.
bskelly07 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #3754
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half
 
Gryhndmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
In 2011 I submitted a 1:19 10k and as put in B corral. The run I did had mega hills so I don't know if they compare routes because they have me an estimated 2:28 finish

Last year I didn't submit a time but estimated 2:45 and was C corral.

It changes every year
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking based on what I reported I would be in "D". Still hoping to find a 10K or maybe the half marathon here in San Antonio in Jan to take with me to the expo for better placement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
Reported 2:59 and got E. It seemed like C and better were the ones with proof of time 2:45 or better, D and E were those between 2:45 and 3:00, F and G were 3-3:30, and H was the 3:30s and those who put below 2:45 and didn't provide proof. Just an estimate, though, I could be completely wrong.
This makes total since...even if I can improve my time a little over what I self reported I wouldn't get above "C". And I am TOTALLY okay with that! Thanks for the info
Gryhndmom is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #3755
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran
 
sissy_ib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking based on what I reported I would be in "D". Still hoping to find a 10K or maybe the half marathon here in San Antonio in Jan to take with me to the expo for better placement.



This makes total since...even if I can improve my time a little over what I self reported I wouldn't get above "C". And I am TOTALLY okay with that! Thanks for the info
I am doing a 10K all the way up in Fredericksburg on Saturday. Are you doing the Hero-thon half? I am going to try to volunteer at that. I am doing the Cocoa Woman's half the week before.
__________________
sissy_ib is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #3756
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 51

To all the large chatted ladies... I am a 38FF. I love the Panache sports bra! It's not only comfortable and supportive, but it's also cute!

It's pricey, but I bought mine all for 20% off from figleaves (new customers get 20% off so I sucked it up and bought 3). Bare Necessities often offers 15-20% off too.
princessmeghan is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #3757
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan View Post
To all the large chatted ladies... I am a 38FF. I love the Panache sports bra! It's not only comfortable and supportive, but it's also cute!

It's pricey, but I bought mine all for 20% off from figleaves (new customers get 20% off so I sucked it up and bought 3). Bare Necessities often offers 15-20% off too.
Love love LOVE the hot pink one!! I may have to try it out. Thanks for sharing this!!
bskelly07 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #3758
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran
 
tinkeramy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. GA
Posts: 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07

I'm with ya, you aren't alone! My back and right shoulder always end up hurting from the girls gettin' their motion on. It's super frustrating trying to find the right bra... But there are a few posts a couple threads back that people recommended bras to check out when I asked! Being busty has it's perks, maybe. But DEFINITELY not when it comes to running.
Ha! One of the few times that I have the perfect body for something!! I may not be well endowed, but I can pick up the cheap bras at Target! Funny thing is that my older sister is HUGE chested. She must have taken it all in the womb.
__________________
Amy
www.momsmagicalmiles.blogspot.com




July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
tinkeramy is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #3759
Jubilee
<3 my kids
 
Jubilee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right up I-4
Posts: 1,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
For the previous PHM gals...how was your corral placement based on your time reported to run disney? (I.e., if you reported finishing at 2:50 were you in corral D, E or F?)
That's me! Last year I reported 1 minute over the minimum proof necessary time and I was in corral D. I also signed up in JANUARY, though, and gave myself 6 weeks training time. Doesn't look like there will be any spots in January, does it? lol.... FWIW, I did finish at 2:35 so it was actually good that I wasn't in E or F. I wouldn't fight to be further up if you really don't think you'll be passing everyone. Likewise, if you're nursing an injury and feel you won't make your usual pace, you also have the option to fall back, but then you put yourself closer to the sweep.
__________________
S + J = M & H
*Taking a break from our APs as of 8/14/13*
Jubilee is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #3760
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.
 
amykay9377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gainesville FL
Posts: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygirl03 View Post
My main problem is my back. My chest is just too large for any sports bra to do the job, and if I do find one that does the job then I feel like I can't breathe. With all that in motion from running after a few minutes my back feels like its going to snap! I just stick with fast paced walking and am working on increasing my speed little by little.
Have you tried wearing a regular bra with a sports bra over it? That's wht I have ended up doing and it works pretty well (for now, anyway).

Regarding the bolded part - I need to preach (at all us big-breast gals) for a moment: Please please please, no matter how you do it, strap those girls down! Running and letting the girls go up and down can cause irreparable damage to muscles and ligaments in your chest. Also, as you know, Disneygirl03, it can hurt your back a LOT! Once you get them under control, I bet that your back will be much happier! (okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now)

Also, I felt the same way regarding not feeling like you can breathe, but when I force myself to 'belly breathe' it is a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
There is no shame in taking walk breaks during the run...I've never been a smoker but still have the breathing problems from time to time..running coach says it takes time to work on lung capacity..I've been training since May and have seen improvement so keep plugging along! Look at it this way...at least you are getting out there trying vs. sitting on the coach!
Haha! I don't think my coach would like it if I sat on him
Thanks for the encouragement about breathing. It just is so disheartening! I want to be so much faster, but my lungs just aren't there yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
Reported 2:59 and got E. It seemed like C and better were the ones with proof of time 2:45 or better, D and E were those between 2:45 and 3:00, F and G were 3-3:30, and H was the 3:30s and those who put below 2:45 and didn't provide proof. Just an estimate, though, I could be completely wrong.
Did I get this right?
When I signed up I put a No-Proof 2:50 as my time - this would be H?
If I submit a Provable Time of 3:25 - this would be F/G?
__________________


Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)



amykay9377 is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #3761
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

I never took walk breaks until I started running with my coach! I will never forget that first run! At 1.5 she said ok now we walk 60 secs. I said we what?? She said yeah that's where the water stations are. We walk. And low and behold Every 1.5 we walked 60 seconds and I went from barely getting through 3 miles to loving 6 in a week!
__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #3762
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran
 
sissy_ib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,765

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post
Have you tried wearing a regular bra with a sports bra over it? That's wht I have ended up doing and it works pretty well (for now, anyway).

Regarding the bolded part - I need to preach (at all us big-breast gals) for a moment: Please please please, no matter how you do it, strap those girls down! Running and letting the girls go up and down can cause irreparable damage to muscles and ligaments in your chest. Also, as you know, Disneygirl03, it can hurt your back a LOT! Once you get them under control, I bet that your back will be much happier! (okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now)
I wear two sports bras for this reason. One just does not cut it for me.

Also, I felt the same way regarding not feeling like you can breathe, but when I force myself to 'belly breathe' it is a bit better.


Haha! I don't think my coach would like it if I sat on him
Thanks for the encouragement about breathing. It just is so disheartening! I want to be so much faster, but my lungs just aren't there yet...


Did I get this right?
When I signed up I put a No-Proof 2:50 as my time - this would be H?
If I submit a Provable Time of 3:25 - this would be F/G?
In regards to timing, they were saying if you said you would finish in less than 2:45 without proof it would be H. Since up put 2:50 you should be in a earlier corral, since proof is not needed for a 2:50 finish time.
__________________
sissy_ib is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #3763
JCH
DIS Veteran
 
JCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post


Did I get this right?
When I signed up I put a No-Proof 2:50 as my time - this would be H?
If I submit a Provable Time of 3:25 - this would be F/G?
Sorry, let me explain. If you put 2:45-3:30, you do not need proof. A 2:50 last year would have been about E without proof.

However, say you put 2:30 and then never did a 10K and never got proof. In that case, you would be put back in H. It's basically a penalty so as not to encourage people to put times that are low that they can't back up. Otherwise, everyone would magically be running a 1:30 half marathon! This only applies to times of less than 2:45.

Hope that makes sense.
__________________
Jenn

Completed Races: Halloween 5k 2011 Family Fiesta 5k 2012 Princess HM 2012/3 ToT 10 Miler 2012/3 WDW Half 2013 Dumbo Double Dare 2013!
WDW 10k/Enchanted 10K 2014
JCH is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #3764
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half
 
Gryhndmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I am doing a 10K all the way up in Fredericksburg on Saturday. Are you doing the Hero-thon half? I am going to try to volunteer at that. I am doing the Cocoa Woman's half the week before.
Let me know how the 10K goes and hoping it is so much better than my turkey trot in Boerne this past Saturday. I do believe I will sign up for the Hero-half in January...running coach put it on my training schedule so I will give it a try. Please volunteer for it...may need someone to carry me to my car after the race !
Gryhndmom is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #3765
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,400

I got my MRI results today and the outcome was better than I'd hoped!! The MRI confirmed that it is indeed a stress fracture of the tibia but only a very slight one and there is no crack in the bone. And as a matter of fact it's already healing nicely! A my first appointment my doctor had prepared me to be out for at least 6 weeks (or longer) with no running at all and no weight bearing exercise. But now he gave me the ok to work out and do some walking right now and then in two weeks I can start a slow, easy run/walk!! I start physical therapy right away as well. I'm going to work hard this time not to do too much too soon and get injured again.

I have been so depressed that I haven't been able to do anything for the last two weeks but today I'm a happy camper! I'd planned to start training at the end of December to walk it and not get swept but now maybe I'll even get to run a little of it!
Tracerr00 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: