Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #3691
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Question if a race is not chipped but they do times by bibs and post those times as official does this count???

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #3692
vikdeco
Earning My Ears

Add me to the list! I'm officially registered for the PHM!

This is my first one and all of you have been very inspiring. I've been doing pretty well with my training but its been tough with a new job and the weather getting cold up here in the north. Whenever I'm lacking motivation, I check out these boards and remember I'm not alone training for this.

So I just wanted to say hello and thanks for keeping me moving!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #3693
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerIsleDisney View Post
I am getting way off track in my training and need some motivation! I ran the Disneyland 1/2 in September (my first 1/2, SO much fun!), but have had a hard time with training since then. Wrapped up one job and started a new one the next day - running has gotten pushed to the back burner. Now it is hunting season, which always makes me a bit nervous for running, and it is cold and dark in the morning before work and in the evening following work.

I've got my race registration, hotel reservation, and airline tickets... but I seriously need to kick it into gear to get back in shape for this race. Any advice for sticking with training in the cold weather/dark days/busy holiday season?
I like the new gear idea- nothing like spending a bunch of money to get you back out there. And, with hunters you really do need to be identifiable.

Also, take it easy on yourself. A short run is better than no run. Set reasonable goals for this week, and I think you will find that you are back in the swing of things next week.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #3694
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Hi Princesses! I just signed up for the Princess 1/2 and just started to read all the great info on this thread. This will be my 1st race, so do I just let Disney decide what corral to put me in? I've noticed some talk about running a 10K before the Princess and then submitting times at the Expo. Is there a certain running pace for each Corral? I am not fast and do not have a specific goal in mind right now for the race, but I don't plan on walking either. Any advice? Thank you!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #3695
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Anyone know if results from a virtual race would count? I have a Facebook friend doing a 10k virtual race on December 8. It looks like all results will be listed online via google doc. Thoughts?

nycrunningmama - race for recovery 5k10k

Sorry, I can't post links yet.

Eta: I googled other virtual races because I was curious, and some have a results page or post results to cool running . Com

Last edited by princessmeghan; 11-18-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #3696
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
Question if a race is not chipped but they do times by bibs and post those times as official does this count???

Is there a b-tag in the bib? I have done races like that, where you just leave it on the bib.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan View Post
Anyone know if results from a virtual race would count? I have a Facebook friend doing a 10k virtual race on December 8. It looks like all results will be listed online via google doc. Thoughts?

nycrunningmama - race for recovery 5k10k

Sorry, I can't post links yet.

Eta: I googled other virtual races because I was curious, and some have a results page or post results to cool running . Com
It has to be chip timed. With a virtual race you could enter anytime you want. KWIM?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #3697
Swmr359
Princess in training

Quote:
Thanks I she the ringing in the hope one but I have to work so maybe the leesburg one will work. How can you tell its a chip timed race?

Quote:
Just looked at the Rotary run on the 1st and that's for 2012 I am not sure they are doing it this year

***update***

Here is the link for the race for 2013
http://www.runwashington.com/index.p...ils&race=10963

Fyi if you have never run in Moreven Park where the race is those aren't rolling hills my husband did he Spartan race there and when I suggested this he said NO he said the hills are a bit hard.

Thanks for the suggestion

I did the 2011 Rotary, can't remember but I'm pretty sure there was a chip times were posted online and I think I may have taken the time to the 2011 Princess.

I actually love going up the hills there; yesterday I did a 5k in the front of the park at Ida Lee-up is good, the down not so much!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #3698
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Is there a b-tag in the bib? I have done races like that, where you just leave it on the bib.

It has to be chip timed. With a virtual race you could enter anytime you want. KWIM?
That's what I figured. Why are 10ks so hard to find? I'm tentatively planning to do one in Jan, but it depends on the weather. Darn WI winter running.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #3699
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

The only 10k I can find in my area is exactly one week before Princess. That's about the mileage I would probably be doing that weekend anyway so it may work for me. However, it's a trail run as part of my running club's winter trails series. So that might slow me down. On the other hand, it's at our local park where I run every weekend. I'm pretty used to those trails. I haven't seen the course so there's a possibility they'll take us off the beaten path, in which case all bets will be off.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #3700
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

I'm kicking myself because we have tons of 10Ks around here all summer and into the early fall. I didn't do one partly because I was OCR training for Tough Mudder and partly because I planned on using the 15K Hot Chocolate for my placement time. Then I got hurt and couldn't run HC so now I don't have one to submit. My own fault or waiting, but I didn't think in a million years that it would be a problem.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #3701
EEsloveDis
Mouseketeer

Just got back from my 6-mile run. 1:00.59!!! 10:10/mile. I was hoping to be right at 10/mile but I also haven't run 6 miles in 20+ years so I thrilled!!! Now I'm starving so hitting our favorite place the Red Rabbit for some Bunny Burgers, last weekend open until next year and I've certainly earned it.

I'm supposed to do a 5k thanksgiving morning and hubby is trying to talk me into doing the 10k. Not sure what to do. I'm going to look at the course elevation and decide.
1986-1st trip~5/2006-Animal Kingdom~6/2008-Beach Club~10/2009-Contemporary~2/2010-Pop Century~6/2010-Star Wars Weekend French Quarter~12/2010-Marco Island~12/2011-Disney Cruise Riverside~8/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek~9/2012-Caribbean~10/2012-Hilton Downtown Disney~2/2013-Princess Half Marathon Hilton Bonnet Creek~10/2013 Hilton Bonnet Creek~4/2015 Expedition Everest Hilton Bonnet Creek
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #3702
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

All of you looking for 10k races, come on down to east TN! There are a bunch coming up. I'm going to do one this week, one in Dec, and either a half or 10k in early Feb. There are 6 10ks and 1 12k between now and the Princess.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #3703
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikdeco View Post
Add me to the list! I'm officially registered for the PHM!

This is my first one and all of you have been very inspiring. I've been doing pretty well with my training but its been tough with a new job and the weather getting cold up here in the north. Whenever I'm lacking motivation, I check out these boards and remember I'm not alone training for this.

So I just wanted to say hello and thanks for keeping me moving!
Welcome!!! I come here for the same thing, these princesses are awesome at keeping me motivated
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
Hi Princesses! I just signed up for the Princess 1/2 and just started to read all the great info on this thread. This will be my 1st race, so do I just let Disney decide what corral to put me in? I've noticed some talk about running a 10K before the Princess and then submitting times at the Expo. Is there a certain running pace for each Corral? I am not fast and do not have a specific goal in mind right now for the race, but I don't plan on walking either. Any advice? Thank you!
Hi! Welcome! If you don't do a 10k before the race they place you in further back corrals. Which I think leads to more anticipation because you see like, x amount starting and all you want to do is cross that start line! I would check your area for any 10k's and try it out. It's worth a shot for better placement. I don't know what the cut offs are for each corral? Or how many they have. I did my first for Disneyland Half in September and they had 8 corrals. I was placed in the 6th because it was my first one and I didn't know you could bring proof of time to the expo. So I learned this time around . Best of luck training!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEsloveDis View Post
Just got back from my 6-mile run. 1:00.59!!! 10:10/mile. I was hoping to be right at 10/mile but I also haven't run 6 miles in 20+ years so I thrilled!!! Now I'm starving so hitting our favorite place the Red Rabbit for some Bunny Burgers, last weekend open until next year and I've certainly earned it.

I'm supposed to do a 5k thanksgiving morning and hubby is trying to talk me into doing the 10k. Not sure what to do. I'm going to look at the course elevation and decide.
Woo hooo!!! That's incredible! you could totally do a 10k! And that just means more pie on thanksgiving
Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #3704
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
The 10Ks will give Disney an idea on what corral to place you. They don't require proof for any time given over 2:45 but anything under that you need to give a 10K or longer race time to prove your speed.

If you put 3:30 they will assume you are a walker and you might be in the back corral. If you think you will run faster than that, you can email them and change your estimated finish time. If you want to possibly move up to one of the earlier corrals, then do a 10K and that will show them where you should be starting from. It's not required unless you think you are finishing faster than 2:45.

HTH!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #3705
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Is there anyone that has done the Princess Half in the past that used GPS tracking that could post their elevation changes? I wasn't really worried about the hills. I'm wondering if I'm overestimating the average hilliness of my runs though. My 5K Friday night had an overall gain of 500+ ft, and it really didn't seem that bad. I just don't know how that compares to the half.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: