Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #3646
ajbecker1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzPrincess

Is there a particular reason you are looking at Shades? There are some awesome military deals to stays on property right now at one of the host hotels. If you need some help let me know!
Hi! My parents are coming down to watch my son while my DH and I run. They will be staying at Shades if Green and I an trying to help plan their transportation! Thank you!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #3647
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Uh oh, I'm in trouble! Haha I just started looking and I am like "I like that one.. and that one.. ooh and that one... that one.."
My pooooor bank account.
Oh I know. But I'm very happy with the one I got and will work well with my visor or hat. Have fun shopping.
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #3648
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix
Hi ladies! I'm a longtime lurker, but wanted to join the fun! I'm registered for the PHM! We're making this a family vacation to celebrate my DD5's birthday as well. I'm very excited ... I haven't been to WDW in over 20 years, so I can't wait to bring the family! I just had surgery so I won't be able to train until December, but I'm walking my miles everyday (very slowly). I had run a Diva Half Marathon right before surgery so I know what to expect with training. Happy training everyone!
I am in the same boat but for the Tinkerbell I had surgery and by the time I will be released to run I will have 8 weeks to train and 1 will be on a cruise

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #3649
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Is anyone running in a costume? My husband and I want to run as a prince and princess but I don't know where to get a custome. Can anyone help?

Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #3650
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
Is anyone running in a costume? My husband and I want to run as a prince and princess but I don't know where to get a custome. Can anyone help?

I got a tutu from Etsy. Your could try there.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #3651
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama

I'm running as Tinker Bell and got my costume from a dance supplier. I posted a picture but it's probably about 20 pages ago.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #3652
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Happy weekend!

I had a great time....and a PR! at the Wine and Dine. This weekend I am wrapping up the last of Galloway's WnD training schedule with a 4 miler either today or tomorrow. Next week I wii jump into his Tink training plan for improving time. Like the Wine and Dine plan, I will add an extra run during the week, and hope to add some core and strength training as well. After reading here I sure don't want to suffer from "lazy butt syndrome" . I will have to figure out a plan for the weeks between Tink and Princess when I get to that point.

As for me, I am not much into costumes, so will likely just wear my boring running gear. I ran the inaugural PHM with a dear friend who, sadly, suddenly died of a heart attack at age 49 back in July. She was one of the fittest people...go figure. Anyway, I will probably have a button made with her picture on it to put on my Camalbak.

I am looking forward to a stay at AoA. I took a quick tour of the place and had lunch there on Sunday. I am glad to see the create your own pasta option-particularly with a half on the schedule that weekend. I am also pleased with the expo at CSR. I think this will make getting around a bit easier.

Hope everyone has a great workout this weekend!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #3653
MizBrix
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama
I'm letting my DD5 pick my costume - as of now, she wants me to dress up as Ariel because of my red hair. I plan to get a Sparkle Skirt and I'll make a top (faux purple bikini sewn onto flesh colored tank).

Have you looked at party city? I'm sure they have some good post-Halloween sales. Also, if you look on Amazon, they have a ton of costumes to choose from! I think Jasmine and Aladdin running together would be adorable!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #3654
RunningWhimsy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEsloveDis

Where did you get your tiara from? I'm trying to decide what I'm wearing.
It won't let me link until my post count is higher, but I bought it on Amazon. I buy pretty much everything on Amazon. lol

I searched for wedding tiaras. It's really sparkly. I think it was $15.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #3655
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post

I'm going to run in costume! It's not a traditional Disney princess costume though...but I will have a tutu and a tiara nonetheless!

So when are you able to start training? As of right now, I anticipate that I won't be able to start (and will have to start slowly) until mid to end of December. I believe I will probably train to walk it.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #3656
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

OK, we had a family meeting this morning to discuss our options for the WDW vacation that's going to lead into the Princess race. We talked about options: doing a Disney-lite trip that was more relaxed at a villa off-property, trying a new hotel, renting DVC points, etc.

And...we're now reserved for POFQ, the same hotel we've stayed at for the last four trips (and the prior two trips we went to POR, because we're rebels like that).

Gotta love the Autism family approach! If once is good, 1,000 times is better! But if it works and feels safe and secure, who am I to argue?

Plus when I though about staying somewhere else, I thought about carb loading without beignets and I had the sad... I <3 POFQ too for how close everything is. Great for tired ASD kid at the end of the day. Maybe this year I'll try walking to the start!

Now to round out our dining reservations...yippee!

Cate

ETA: ASD kid did say his first choice was the poly. Me too, kid, me too. But at twice the price, well, not this trip.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #3657
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

Hey there mamacate I would really live to walk to the race too. We are at POR - maybe as things get closer we can set it up? I remember talk about it last year but they couldnt find a "veteran" to lead the way...have you done it before?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #3658
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

My 10K Turkey Trot....I AM SO EMBARRASSED! Well let me start at the beginning...got up at 5:15 am to get my dogs(ooops four legged kids!) fed and out potty before I needed to drive for 45 min to get to Boerne for the 10K Turkey Trot. 43 degrees this morning at 8 am race time and felt chilly in my long sleeve fila top and bermuda wicking shorts. Quickly warmed up and physically felt great (had my running belt on since there was no bag check for keys, etc).

Well marked course the first 2.5 miles then they had a split for the 5K to go one way and 10K the other. I followed the 10 K signs...felt all alone since no one ahead of me and people way far behind me. That's okay I thought...the course is pretty well marked where you turn (course was through neighborhoods before heading back to main street) Passed mile 3...good...on my pace and feeling I can really do the last 3.2...Ha, Ha eeeehhhh! All of a sudden I see people coming TOWARDS me...Oh boy...and then the gut said "I think we missed a turn. Kept going about another 3/4 mile and then asked the runners coming towards me "are you the 10K group" yup they were!

Figuring I had MAJORILY screwed up...I followed them the last 1 mile to the finish. I AM SO EMBARASSED...FRUSTRATED.... MAD ! I trained good...I felt good...and I know I didn't do the 10 K in the 56 min the finish line clock said...definitely NOT going to turn that time into RunDisney ! Could just cry as there are no more 10K's in my area before PHM. Just gonna hide in my house for the weekend and lick my wounds.... AAARRGGHHHH!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #3659
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Oh no!!! That's one of my fears- wrong way on the course. I'm chuckling though. With that time you are an A corral for sure! Lol

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #3660
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Figuring I had MAJORILY screwed up...I followed them the last 1 mile to the finish. I AM SO EMBARASSED...FRUSTRATED.... MAD ! I trained good...I felt good...and I know I didn't do the 10 K in the 56 min the finish line clock said...definitely NOT going to turn that time into RunDisney ! Could just cry as there are no more 10K's in my area before PHM. Just gonna hide in my house for the weekend and lick my wounds.... AAARRGGHHHH!
Don't be embarrassed, it wasn't your fault they didn't mark it better! I have to say that I would probably still turn in the time. If you don't have any other opportunities to get in a 10K before then, I would use this. Is it REALLY far off from what your time would have been? I mean, you missed maybe a mile, right? It isn't like you cheated and had someone else wear your chip or something. It is YOUR official time. If this is the only 10K chance you have for get a qualifying time, I would submit it.

And WTG for getting out there!!! What would race day be without drama, anyway, right? Chin up, you got out and ran which is better than most people who slept in and sat on their couch all day.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: