Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #3631
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran
 
MoonFaerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Big Orange Country
Posts: 1,748

Boo! There is zero chance I can make it for the Nike race in DC. They even have discounted rates for college students AND there are a number of non-lottery, guaranteed spots for college students. Alas, the race falls at the end of the semester. Finals are more important than a race.
__________________
Me DS (10) DD (9)
MoonFaerie is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #3632
MizBrix
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20

Hi ladies! I'm a longtime lurker, but wanted to join the fun! I'm registered for the PHM! We're making this a family vacation to celebrate my DD5's birthday as well. I'm very excited ... I haven't been to WDW in over 20 years, so I can't wait to bring the family! I just had surgery so I won't be able to train until December, but I'm walking my miles everyday (very slowly). I had run a Diva Half Marathon right before surgery so I know what to expect with training. Happy training everyone!
MizBrix is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #3633
EEsloveDis
Mouseketeer
 
EEsloveDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 93

[QUOTE="christinascreative"]
I was excited because you get tickets to the park included in the $75 entry fee as well as a medal. Not too shabby. Hilly though... Hmm. I train on hills, but it depends on HOW hilly.

Did he find it hilly / hard ? What did he like /not like? Any advice?


I will ask him but I do remember him saying the course was different this year and he was definitely better prepared. The park tickets are for Hershey Park in the dark which is a lot of fun.
__________________
1986-1st trip~5/2006-Animal Kingdom~6/2008-Beach Club~10/2009-Contemporary~2/2010-Pop Century~6/2010-Star Wars Weekend French Quarter~12/2010-Marco Island~12/2011-Disney Cruise Riverside~8/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek~9/2012-Caribbean~10/2012-Hilton Downtown Disney~2/2013-Princess Half Marathon Hilton Bonnet Creek~10/2013 Hilton Bonnet Creek~4/2015 Expedition Everest Hilton Bonnet Creek
EEsloveDis is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #3634
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWhimsy View Post
I've been lurking for awhile but wanted to officially say hello. Just got my tiara I'm wearing for the race in the mail yesterday so of course now I'm wandering around the house with it on. lol So excited! Happy Friday, everyone!
I've been wearing my tiara around the house too!
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #3635
EEsloveDis
Mouseketeer
 
EEsloveDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWhimsy
I've been lurking for awhile but wanted to officially say hello. Just got my tiara I'm wearing for the race in the mail yesterday so of course now I'm wandering around the house with it on. lol So excited! Happy Friday, everyone!
Where did you get your tiara from? I'm trying to decide what I'm wearing.
__________________
1986-1st trip~5/2006-Animal Kingdom~6/2008-Beach Club~10/2009-Contemporary~2/2010-Pop Century~6/2010-Star Wars Weekend French Quarter~12/2010-Marco Island~12/2011-Disney Cruise Riverside~8/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek~9/2012-Caribbean~10/2012-Hilton Downtown Disney~2/2013-Princess Half Marathon Hilton Bonnet Creek~10/2013 Hilton Bonnet Creek~4/2015 Expedition Everest Hilton Bonnet Creek
EEsloveDis is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #3636
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer
 
Mamasmurf227's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 356

Woot! Sent an e-mail yesterday to submit my time, and already got an e-mail back that my corral placement had been updated! OK, starting to feel the motivation & excitement come back!
__________________
Kim 1/00 ~ASM, 2/06 ~POP, 2/12 ~POP, 2/13 ~POP for PHM, ~9/14 POR
Mamasmurf227 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #3637
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWhimsy View Post
I've been lurking for awhile but wanted to officially say hello. Just got my tiara I'm wearing for the race in the mail yesterday so of course now I'm wandering around the house with it on. lol So excited! Happy Friday, everyone!


Hi and welcome !!!

I have been wearing my tiara around the house too !!!! it doesn't even matter if it's a bad hair day. I think everything looks better with a little bling.
__________________
VickiHD is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #3638
KristinM1027
Earning My Ears
 
KristinM1027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2

I registered earlier this week! I suppose I should start shopping for a tiara and tutu?!
__________________
KristinM1027 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #3639
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWhimsy View Post
I've been lurking for awhile but wanted to officially say hello. Just got my tiara I'm wearing for the race in the mail yesterday so of course now I'm wandering around the house with it on. lol So excited! Happy Friday, everyone!
I've been thinking about getting a tiara! Where did you purchase it online? I'm hoping to find one comfy enough to run in! And welcome
bskelly07 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #3640
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinM1027 View Post
I registered earlier this week! I suppose I should start shopping for a tiara and tutu?!


Yes !!! Think of it as part of your training
__________________
VickiHD is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #3641
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
I've been thinking about getting a tiara! Where did you purchase it online? I'm hoping to find one comfy enough to run in! And welcome


I purchased mine at Stumps Party online. I'm pretty pleased with it and they have a entire section devoted to Tiaras.

http://www.stumpsparty.com/catalog.cfm?cat=47433

Happy shopping
__________________
VickiHD is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #3642
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!
 
Princess on the Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 695

For anyone who has kids running the kids races, they were moved to 8:45 instead of 10 or 11 when they were. This sucks because We need to hit the 5K at 6:30, breakfast from 7:15 to 9pm and now have to be at the kids runs for an 8:45 start time. DH will finish the 5K in about 25 minutes but who knows where he will be in the pack and what time he will actually start. By the time we get to the breakfast, it could be 8am and then we have to shovel food in to have the kids ready to run by 8:45 (and that has them running on a full stomach too).

I don't know who made the call to switch it but it really stinks for those of us who wanted to do all of the events. I am thinking I may call and try to get my money back for the breakfasts, I know there are no cancellations, but they changed the time making it impossible. It's not anything I could control. Anyone think I will have any luck with that?
__________________
Aimée DH DS (7) DS(5) DS(3)

Princess on the Run is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #3643
EEsloveDis
Mouseketeer
 
EEsloveDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative
I was excited because you get tickets to the park included in the $75 entry fee as well as a medal. Not too shabby. Hilly though... Hmm. I train on hills, but it depends on HOW hilly.

Did he find it hilly / hard ? What did he like /not like? Any advice?

Niagara, huh? Now I need to google that. You're not kidding when you say so many races, so little time... I just started running in August and I feel like I could be running a race every week... if my bank account and body could keep up
I asked him and he said it wasn't too bad but it could be considered hilly for some. We live in an area where all we do are hills so he's pretty used to them. Did you check the elevation map?
__________________
1986-1st trip~5/2006-Animal Kingdom~6/2008-Beach Club~10/2009-Contemporary~2/2010-Pop Century~6/2010-Star Wars Weekend French Quarter~12/2010-Marco Island~12/2011-Disney Cruise Riverside~8/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek~9/2012-Caribbean~10/2012-Hilton Downtown Disney~2/2013-Princess Half Marathon Hilton Bonnet Creek~10/2013 Hilton Bonnet Creek~4/2015 Expedition Everest Hilton Bonnet Creek
EEsloveDis is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #3644
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
For anyone who has kids running the kids races, they were moved to 8:45 instead of 10 or 11 when they were. This sucks because We need to hit the 5K at 6:30, breakfast from 7:15 to 9pm and now have to be at the kids runs for an 8:45 start time. DH will finish the 5K in about 25 minutes but who knows where he will be in the pack and what time he will actually start. By the time we get to the breakfast, it could be 8am and then we have to shovel food in to have the kids ready to run by 8:45 (and that has them running on a full stomach too).

I don't know who made the call to switch it but it really stinks for those of us who wanted to do all of the events. I am thinking I may call and try to get my money back for the breakfasts, I know there are no cancellations, but they changed the time making it impossible. It's not anything I could control. Anyone think I will have any luck with that?
Yeaaahhhh...I dont know how they think you can make all of it work. Where is the breakfast? where is the kids run? If everything was taking place in one location, then maybe. But spread out? no way!

Hope they refund your breakfast money!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #3645
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I purchased mine at Stumps Party online. I'm pretty pleased with it and they have a entire section devoted to Tiaras.

http://www.stumpsparty.com/catalog.cfm?cat=47433

Happy shopping
Uh oh, I'm in trouble! Haha I just started looking and I am like "I like that one.. and that one.. ooh and that one... that one.."
My pooooor bank account.
bskelly07 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: