Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #3511
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
I am a vibram shoe person I love them but they took learning a new running style (use to heel strike) and getting use to using new muscles. I now wear only my New Balance Minimus I have 10s for everyday and 00s for running which I like better cause my one toe doesn't like those vibrams.

I had an Army Dr tell me to start wearing them when I was having hip problems from heel striking. Best advice ever my feet on a daily basis never hurt. Walked around the parks for a whole day never bothered me.
It's good to hear people who like them. I am so used to people telling me they are awful and bad and absolutely the cause of my problems no matter what. I walk on my toes and always have so they are the perfect fit for me. They did fine for me all along and then when this happened, everyone said "See! It just took time, but I told you so!"

Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #3512
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run

It's good to hear people who like them. I am so used to people telling me they are awful and bad and absolutely the cause of my problems no matter what. I walk on my toes and always have so they are the perfect fit for me. They did fine for me all along and then when this happened, everyone said "See! It just took time, but I told you so!"
Don't listen to people you have to run in what works for you. The minimum 00s are so thin they cn be rolled up like subway shoes. I always get the really that's your running shoe. But when a shoe energiezes my legs and makes my run so much more enjoyable.

I mid strike run now and really like it. I rarely have hip problems, my arches are back at the height they were in high school and don't have any pain or fallen issues. They have strengthened themselves.

As with any shoe you have to wear the one that works for you. I am glad to see someone else who has similar likes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #3513
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Princesses...I'm looking for a running jacket with hoodie, (a must) that will hold up in the rain. Any suggestions ??? I'm not having much luck looking online.
Thanks
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #3514
cindy0519
Mouseketeer

Had the scheduled MRI and X rays today. I am totally out . I have a tibial plateau fracture. Ian scheduled to see any orthopedic surgeon in the morning.

I think that someone mentioned that it is possible to defer enrollment in a PHM to the next year. Anyone have any idea of how I might go about this?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #3515
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519
Had the scheduled MRI and X rays today. I am totally out . I have a tibial plateau fracture. Ian scheduled to see any orthopedic surgeon in the morning.

I think that someone mentioned that it is possible to defer enrollment in a PHM to the next year. Anyone have any idea of how I might go about this?

Thanks!
I emailed rundisney directly last year when i thought i would have to defer. They told me no problem. Good luck and i'm so sorry to hear about your injury :-(

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #3516
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519 View Post

Thanks!

I am so very sorry.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #3517
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Has anyone won anything on the instant win game for Run like Princess??? I've been clicking every day for DH and for myself and nada! We were out of power and internet for a week with Sandy though.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #3518
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcagirl View Post
Based on your mention of a good deal on Expedia, I checked their rates for CSR just now and was able to save $300 over my RunDisney booking, and with a better room category. That'll buy a lot of Dole Whips! Thanks!

Erin
Awesome! I'm glad it helped you out too .

Quote:

Thanks!
I'm so sorry about your injury best of luck seeing the surgeon. We are all thinking of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Has anyone won anything on the instant win game for Run like Princess??? I've been clicking every day for DH and for myself and nada! We were out of power and internet for a week with Sandy though.
I won a pasta in the park ticket. It was actually funny, I came home pretty wastey faced after a halloween party and realized it was the 'next day'... So I figured what the heck, I'll see if I win. I sat in disbelief with how excited my computer screen was that I won. I woke up the next morning assuming I hallucinated it, but nope. I had an email saying they are mailing me some pamphlet about how to collect it.

Speaking of that, since I'm going solo, did anyone else do a pasta in the park ticket? If I end up going to it, I don't want to be a loner eating by myself!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #3519
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Well, I'm in...

Hi all!

I made the mistake the other day in looking at the runDisney site and saw that the race wasn't sold out....

Since then, visions of a coast-to-coast medal have been dancing in my head.....and so the convincing of the husband unit began. And I am victorious! Solo quest has begun!

I looked at page one and saw a few names I recognize. I just did the ToT as my first runDisney and am registered for the Tink 1/2 as well. I registered for the race tonight (after seeing that tomorrow/today is the last day to register for the lower price) and booked my airfare (on miles....woot!), but will deal with lodging tomorrow.

kim

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
Old 11-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #3520
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva
Hi all!

I made the mistake the other day in looking at the runDisney site and saw that the race wasn't sold out....

Since then, visions of a coast-to-coast medal have been dancing in my head.....and so the convincing of the husband unit began. And I am victorious! Solo quest has begun!

I looked at page one and saw a few names I recognize. I just did the ToT as my first runDisney and am registered for the Tink 1/2 as well. I registered for the race tonight (after seeing that tomorrow/today is the last day to register for the lower price) and booked my airfare (on miles....woot!), but will deal with lodging tomorrow.

kim
Great! I'll be at Tink too . Since you just registered and haven't figured out lodging yet, I'm not sure if you've read any pages from the last few days, but evidently it was announced last week that the expo has moved to the convention space at CSR...in case that might have any bearing on where you want to stay!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #3521
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07
Awesome! I'm glad it helped you out too .

I'm so sorry about your injury best of luck seeing the surgeon. We are all thinking of you!

I won a pasta in the park ticket. It was actually funny, I came home pretty wastey faced after a halloween party and realized it was the 'next day'... So I figured what the heck, I'll see if I win. I sat in disbelief with how excited my computer screen was that I won. I woke up the next morning assuming I hallucinated it, but nope. I had an email saying they are mailing me some pamphlet about how to collect it.

Speaking of that, since I'm going solo, did anyone else do a pasta in the park ticket? If I end up going to it, I don't want to be a loner eating by myself!
That's flippin awesome!!!!!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to tell DH your funny "wastey face" story hahaha!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #3522
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
Sad face. I'm so sorry. I hope you heal quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Hi all!

kim
WOOT! I'm doing Tink + Princess too. Welcome to the C2C crew!

AFM: It's like an IT Band Miracle! It doesn't hurt or pull or feel tight or ANYTHING today. WOOT!!!! I ran 5 miles on the treadmill on Sunday after taking a few days off running. I did the elliptical but that was all. Sunday I decided to test things out and see how it went.

I can't tell you how happy I am about this. But I don't want to spook it. ha ha ha. I'm going to stick with my elliptical plan though. I was afraid the 5 mile run was going to make or break me. Looks like I babied it enough over the past 2 weeks... yahoooo!

Still rolling, stretching, etc and babying it, but I am not so panicky today.

If I wasn't doing Tink, I'd take a little more time off. But since I am, I really don't have too much time to spare here. The 5 miles was supposed to be a 10 mile run according to my Tink plan, but I'm going to have to shift things around to make this happen safely.

<--- Me!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #3523
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!
Still nothing here. Any other winners from DIS?

[/img]
Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #3524
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
So sorry to hear this. How disappointing I have an MRI scheduled for Friday and won't get the results until next week. Mine would be be a tibial shaft fracture though. Let us know what they say about needing to defer. I hope I won't need to do that but just in case...
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #3525
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Hi all!

kim
Kim!!! I'm so glad to see you here! We definitely need to meet up and have a grey goose slushie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: