Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #3241
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate

Just arrived in DC for a conference and have some time before it starts, and its a little chilly for the running clothes I brought. Checked yelp...lululemon is around the corner! Ruh roh!
FUNNN!!! I always find the local lulu when i travel!! Enjoy!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #3242
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07
My concern with them is they have cups kind of and only go to DD . But some of them are so cute! Maybe if I find somewhere local who sells them, I'd try them on. But I'm hesitant to order from them because I hate the hassle of returning, haha I'm lazy! Thank you so much though for your advice!

-Beth
Couple things! One the cups aren't hard underwire at all, and the insert cups can be pulled out which a lot of people do. Also they only go up to DD but it's worth a shot to try it on maybe with the inserts removed. Finally lululemon website is free shipping and you can return it in store, don't have to mail it back unless you want to. Good luck!!!! :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #3243
EcbLovesMickey
Willing to Work for Disney Dollars!!!

I'm running it! My friends and I are staying at Pop!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #3244
Tinker Gal
Earning My Ears

Disappointing event yesterday...it was to be my 1st official 1/2 marathon but I couldn't keep up ~ got swept between miles 5 & 6. I'm trying to keep perspective as there were only 52 runners; it wasn't meant for slow folks like me. That's why I'm so glad for runDisney! It gives those of us who are working to improve our fitness but aren't quite up to a competitive pace the opportunity to participate. Even though I finished ToT in the bottom 10%, I did finish. So, I'm looking forward to FINISHING the Princess 1/2.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #3245
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyFunTimes View Post
I've been doing my short runs/walks on pavement (3-4 miles 2x a week), but my long runs/walks (up to 7 miles now) on a trail in a local park (dirt and compacted limestone). I'm mainly doing the long runs at the park to spare my legs from the impact of the pavement and to reduce the risk of injury (I am very injury prone!).

My question is whether I should be doing some of my long runs on pavement to get my legs used to it before the race or if the short runs on pavement are enough to "season" my legs. I really want to get to the Princess without major injuries but I also want to be able to finish it without getting injured during the race (I have a 15K I am hoping to do two weeks later). Any thoughts? Thanks!!
I feel your pain, in my shins ha, ha, ha. While ideally long runs on hard surfaces will prepare you for the hardest concrete on earth, it's much better to ease into the concrete training.

I did 95% of my long runs at San Felasco, off Millhopper, hard pack sand and pine needles, and nearly all the weekday runs on concrete sidewalks for the wdw marathon (XV). I really try to keep track of the weekly mileage of the hard surface runs and add 1/2 mile per week to that total when trying to build impact tolerance mileage. Over the last few years I have been pretty lucky and can run 90 percent of my runs on sidewalks. I try to use my low mileage shoes on the hard surfaces.

Flatland
Old 11-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #3246
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
That's what I usually do is buy a size smaller. Mostly because I don't have a choice! No where in town sells any bigger than DD. I actually looked at the one I'm currently using... It's a moving comfort. DOY. I'm a doof! I put a champion over the top that is another size smaller. And the moving comfort IS great, I just have girls spillin' out my armpits! Maybe I'll have to order a size bigger online from them and see how it works out . I'm curious about the zipper one too! I looked it up, and it's super affordable, so thank you so much for that site! It's a huge help.
Yes, I love how the D+ sections only include DD. And they might have one option for DDD but it's ugly as sin, has 15 hook-and-eyes and giant underwires sticking out making it even less attractive.

I tried on a 34E at Road Runner (I think it was Moving Comfort) but I couldn't get it around. She suggested a 36 to see if that would help but it was my ****s that it wouldn't fit around, not my rib cage. I just stick with the standard ones that are large and shove my ladies in there. It may not be meant to fit them, but they sure aren't going anywhere once they're crammed in there.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #3247
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Gal View Post
Disappointing event yesterday...it was to be my 1st official 1/2 marathon but I couldn't keep up ~ got swept between miles 5 & 6. I'm trying to keep perspective as there were only 52 runners; it wasn't meant for slow folks like me. That's why I'm so glad for runDisney! It gives those of us who are working to improve our fitness but aren't quite up to a competitive pace the opportunity to participate. Even though I finished ToT in the bottom 10%, I did finish. So, I'm looking forward to FINISHING the Princess 1/2.
I'm sorry it didn't go as you'd hoped but you have a great attitude and you WILL be there for the PHM!!!! Disney is meant to be fun and it will be and you'll cross that finish line!!!!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #3248
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

I skipped the 15K I was supposed to do today.

It was seemingly not meant to be from the beginning though. Packet pick-up was atrocious!!! Two girls from my office were planning to run it too and they offered to grab mine and DH's packets because we don't live downtown and they do. They stood in line for an hour and never got anywhere so they ended up leaving. DH went and stood in line for 2.5 hrs to get them!! I was ready to call it quits between my IT problems and we went to the ND game yesterday and would have had to be up at 4am to go to Hot Chocolate today. DH was insistent though. He wanted to do it. Ugh! I was considering not running because of my IT problems but I figured that if he's going to do it, I might as well because standing around at the crack of dawn for 1.5 hr while he runs is't going to be any fun either so I may as well run it too. Then after the game last night, he declared that his foot was killing him and would I mind if we skipped Hot Chocolate.

So instead, I have no kids today (they're at my mom's) and until 4pm to do nothing or something and I haven't decided which yet.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #3249
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Honey, I am so impressed that you have such a positive attitude about the Princess half.

We'll be cheering you on, I promise!

Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #3250
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're absolutely right! PHM will be totally different and you WILL finish! (Hey, if you survived ToT, this should be easy, right? ) Way to keep a positive attitude!

Old 11-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #3251
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcbLovesMickey View Post
I'm running it! My friends and I are staying at Pop!
Yay! Welcome!!!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #3252
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Did a 10K today (Lexington, MA) and managed to PR!

For all of you who are just starting to train for PHM this year, I was there last year. I did this same 10K as my first real race (for proof of time) last year, and ran it in 1:06, which I felt really good about. However, being from the Boston area (where EVERYONE is a runner it seems) the races are mostly filled with really good runners, so the last place finisher was at 1:10. (It's compounded by the fact that this race also has a 5K, where most of the beginning runners end up.)

Fast-forward to 1 year (2 HMs, 1 10mi, and 5 10Ks) later, and I was able to improve my time by 8 and a half minutes, down to 57:30! I can't even believe it, given the giant hill at mile 3. I feel so close to Corral A... maybe, just maybe...

For everyone who is just starting-- just keep training! Depending on where you live, the local races can be pretty "competitive"-- your goal is to finish strong! What might feel like last place to you now will be solidly awesome at PHM! And, if you stick with it, just think how much better you'll be at these same races _next_ year!

(Disney running is addictive: PHM will be my 4th race, and I'm already planning to go C2C with the DLHM again next year, if all works out.)
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 11-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #3253
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Hi princesses! I have a slightly personal question, so my apologies to those who don't what to know this... But I figured you guys might be a good group to pose this to since you are all so knowledgable about a lot of runner things. Are there any busty runners out there that can recommend a really great bra that basically sucks everything down to your chest with minimal to zero movement? Currently I wear two different kinds when I run, and I really would love to just have ONE that makes it easier for me to get ready for runs... It's really tedious putting on both . I wear a 36DDD for regular bras, and anytime I've gone into running shops or even just bra stores like, bali's, nothing helps OR fits! I just want to know what you guys have experience with. Whether this means I need to special order from something you guys recommend, or search for it locally. Anything helps!
I have an Enell and just love it! The girls don't move. This is the one Oprah recommended a few years back on her show.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #3254
cindy0519
Mouseketeer

I am hoping someone can give me a little advice....I did 4.3 miles yesterday and felt good while doing it but woke up this morning VERY sore under my knee caps and behind my knee cap on my right knee.

I have been doing the RICE steps all day and feel somewhat better but I'm now worried about how this happened and what to do to prevent it from happening again or getting worse.

Any advice is much appreciated!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #3255
EEsloveDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519
I am hoping someone can give me a little advice....I did 4.3 miles yesterday and felt good while doing it but woke up this morning VERY sore under my knee caps and behind my knee cap on my right knee.

I have been doing the RICE steps all day and feel somewhat better but I'm now worried about how this happened and what to do to prevent it from happening again or getting worse.

Any advice is much appreciated!
Ice and Advil or Aleve for now and try running with an PT strap. I was having issues with my knees for awhile. I could run and walk just find but it hurt when I would go up or down steps or when I climbed into and out of bed and over the child gate. I wore mine both just around the house when it was bothering me and when I ran and the pain went away on its on.

Amazon has the PT straps and they are fairly cheap. My husband runs with one on both knees.
1986-1st trip~5/2006-Animal Kingdom~6/2008-Beach Club~10/2009-Contemporary~2/2010-Pop Century~6/2010-Star Wars Weekend French Quarter~12/2010-Marco Island~12/2011-Disney Cruise Riverside~8/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek~9/2012-Caribbean~10/2012-Hilton Downtown Disney~2/2013-Princess Half Marathon Hilton Bonnet Creek~10/2013 Hilton Bonnet Creek~4/2015 Expedition Everest Hilton Bonnet Creek
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: