Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #3091
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

So.....

Spousal wrangling, airfare shopping, happy progression run, health care savings account reimbursement, vacation days, airline autism accommodations, family togetherness, WHY THE HECK NOT, blahblahblah....

I REGISTERED!

See all you guys at the start line...AND THE FINISH LINE!

Yay!

Cate

PS: Can I tell you how good it felt to type in my time for corral placement? It felt really good.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #3092
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07
Yes! His email is billk @ go world pass . com (I had to space this funny because apparently you need 10 posts before posting an email?? but there are no spaces or anything in the email at all! all one big thing) Sorry this took so long to respond! I have been busy busy busyyy this weekend

I'm doing all three now! I definitely recommend the DL half, I did it for the first time this year and I had a blast. I fell right at the start, which sucked. I had a bloody knee and twisted my ankle twice (once at the start and once around mile 7). Everyone was SO supportive though and great. I shocked myself by finishing, and in time. I plan to do it every year from here on out . The best part of the run is going through Angels stadium. The stands are full of people cheering you on and you run around the field. It's the best feeling, ever!

I remember it being like the second week of January when I signed up this year. I am going to be checking everyday starting Jan 1st though. I don't want to miss it! It sells FAST! I don't think there's any way to get reminders. I wish there was
I'm sorry you fell and got hurt. But everything else sounds great. Running in the stadium sounds so cool! I'm going to do my best to make DL happen!
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #3093
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

You will love Disneyland !!! We just got home last night after several days in the Happiest Place on Earth !!

I run the DL 1/2 with DH each year and it's selling out earlier and earlier each year. So keep that in mind once they open registration. Planning is easy since the "resort area" is so close together. There are a ton of buget hotels surrounding the parks and you can easily walk to DL and DCA from the most hotels on Harbor Blvd. and Katella. So you don't really need to stay at one of the 3 hotels on property with so other options close by. The weather is always warm to hot.

It's always a fun race to run. Hope this helps a little with the planning.
Yes this helps! What would you recommend for airport transfers if not staying on property? Do they offer ME if you do stay on property?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #3094
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib

I had to chuckle at this. I checked the Coast to Coast box thinking "what could it hurt?" And I am also using airline miles for the PHM and would be for DL.

DL planning is not as intense as WDW. There are so many fewer choices. If I go I will be using DVC points if I can or staying offsite at a good neighbor hotel I can walk from. There are tons of good local places.
Great minds think alike!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #3095
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Sorry for 3 posts in a row. I need to get my thoughts together better.

Anyway, I just finished a 10 mile run for the first time since ToT. I was almost a full minute per mile faster. Temps were wonderful but so freakin windy!!! 15 mph winds with 25 mph gusts. I almost lost my hat a few times. Now I'm ready to do nothing for the rest of the night!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #3096
Swmr359
Princess in training

Well I wasn't planning on running this year, but my friend asked and I just happen to have leave...so I'm in for #3!!

I had surgery on my foot this summer and have been slacking on getting back into running and this is just the motivation I needed.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #3097
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Yes this helps! What would you recommend for airport transfers if not staying on property? Do they offer ME if you do stay on property?
There are DL buses but not ME. Sorry but I not sure of the $$ and they are not free. (We usually always drive unless it's a quick overnight trip) If you fly into Orange County Airport (SNA) you can take SuperShuttle for around $14.00 ish $$ and it takes about 20 -25 min from the airport to DL Resort.
There are a couple of Best Westerns we usually stay at one on Harbor and the other on Katella. For Tink and DL 1/2 we usually stay at the BW Stovalls on Katella due to where the races start and finish. But honestly a hotel on Harbor is very easy too. Just a little longer walk pre/post race. But a much quicker walk to the theme parks than at Stovalls. (Hope that makes sense)
Try and pull up a map of the area and hotels and you will be able to see how easy and close everything is.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #3098
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

I think this is the notification sign-up link:
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwo...ns/signup.html
There is a link to the page on the right side of the runDisney DL 1/2 site.
The one-way DL express to LAX was $25 pp I think.
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 10-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #3099
jlm314
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by samc View Post
I'll be turning 50 in February. Yikes that sounds so old!.......but it's been my motivation for running & getting in better shape....the disney part is a birthday present to myself for getting there!
I will be turning 49 in March. We have the same reasons. That and I LOVE Disney.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #3100
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcagirl View Post
Ran today's James Cunningham 9.5K Seawall Race (Vancouver, BC) in my "plan B" Ariel costume for the Princess Half. It was really rainy/windy all night, and I was prepared for a soggy, miserable run, but this morning the sky cleared and by 10am, the weather was practically perfect for a fall run. About 9 degrees Celsius (48F), which suits me just fine.

Messed up my watch and the official results haven't been posted online yet, but I think I finished in about 57 minutes. Definitely had a negative split, which was great. Usually I start out a bit too fast and end up struggling through the final couple of kilometers, but this time I finished really strong.

Will post a couple of pics soon. Was so happy to have an opportunity to test out the costume and make sure it's comfortable and easy to run in. And most importantly, I heard several kids along the way shout "Mommy, look, it's Ariel" so at least I know the costume is recognizable even without a proper mermaid tail!
Awesome job! Can't wait to see the pics. I so wanted to run that one but had a child care issue so no go for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
So.....

Spousal wrangling, airfare shopping, happy progression run, health care savings account reimbursement, vacation days, airline autism accommodations, family togetherness, WHY THE HECK NOT, blahblahblah....

I REGISTERED!

Yay!

Cate

PS: Can I tell you how good it felt to type in my time for corral placement? It felt really good.
I am so excited you're going to join us Cate! I looked through your pics and your commentary and you certainly seem like one cool chickie! So glad to have you going us all.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #3101
CruisingGoddess
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie View Post
I think this is the notification sign-up link:
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwo...ns/signup.html
There is a link to the page on the right side of the runDisney DL 1/2 site.
The one-way DL express to LAX was $25 pp I think.
Thanks!!

Upcoming: Wine & Dine Half 2014 (Yacht Club), Disney World Half 2015 (Art of Animation), 1/12/2015 - Disney Dream Inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge

Cruises: 11/24/2012 - Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean | 4/25/2009 - Disney Magic E. Caribbean w/Tortola | 4/23/2006 - Disney Wonder Bahamas | 4 x Princess, 2 x Celebrity, 2 x Norwegian, 1 x Royal Caribbean
Resorts: 3/2003 - Grand Californian | 1/2004 - Old Key West | 4/2006- Grand Floridian Honeymoon Suite | 5/2012 - Disneyland Hotel Suite | 12/2012 - Animal Kingdom | 2/2013 - Wilderness Lodge | 1/2014 - Paradise Pier | 2/2014 - Polynesian Resort
Races: Glass Slipper Challenge 2014, Tinker Bell Half 2014, Disneyland Half 2013, Princess Half 2013
Old 10-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #3102
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So.....

I REGISTERED!

Yay!

Cate

Yay! Glad you're joining us!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #3103
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
So.....

I REGISTERED!

Yay!

Cate

Old 10-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #3104
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So.....

I REGISTERED!

Yay!

Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmr359 View Post
Well I wasn't planning on running this year, but my friend asked and I just happen to have leave...so I'm in for #3!!

I had surgery on my foot this summer and have been slacking on getting back into running and this is just the motivation I needed.

YAY!!! Welcome back to the PHM ladies!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #3105
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I feel like I've reached some kind of milestone or something. After the past few months of wondering if I'm crazy and doubting that I could finish, I did a 5 mile run on Fri. My previous longest run was 3 miles. I had a 4 mile run planned, but I felt great and decided to go on around the loop one more time. I'm still on the slower side, but I was still below the pacing requirement with a 15:11 pace. I wasn't sore the next day, and it wasn't the mental struggle it usually is. I was surprised at how much easier it's gotten. Like someone flipped a switch or something. Just 2.5 months ago, I could barely do 1.5 miles without gasping for breath and hating every second of it at an 18 min mile pace.
Way to go ! Keep up the good work remember...finishing is better than did not start !
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: