Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #3076
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda
Just ordered my skirt. Here it is:
WOW! Gorgeous! Did they custom make it for you?

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 10-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #3077
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
WOW! Gorgeous! Did they custom make it for you?
I ordered it from Etsy, so it is a custom one.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #3078
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib
I know several people have mentioned doing the Coast to Coast with the Tink half, is anyone planing on the Disneyland half in 2013? I am seriously considering it. I have a friend who lives about a hour away from DL who I think I could get to join me and another who live about two hours away who may as well. I have plenty of time to think about it but if I can work it out I would love to get that! Plus I have been itching to get back to Disneyland!
I marked Coast to Coast on my registration. I figure no harm done if I can't do a Disneyland one. So if I do one, it will be the Disneyland half. I can fly on miles, which is also what I'm doing for Princess. So hotel will be the main expense. I've never been to Disneyland or even California. I have no idea where to even begin planning for that.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #3079
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I know several people have mentioned doing the Coast to Coast with the Tink half, is anyone planing on the Disneyland half in 2013? I am seriously considering it. I have a friend who lives about a hour away from DL who I think I could get to join me and another who live about two hours away who may as well. I have plenty of time to think about it but if I can work it out I would love to get that! Plus I have been itching to get back to Disneyland!
I am !! Next year will be busy with Tink, Princess and then the DL 1/2.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #3080
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
I marked Coast to Coast on my registration. I figure no harm done if I can't do a Disneyland one. So if I do one, it will be the Disneyland half. I can fly on miles, which is also what I'm doing for Princess. So hotel will be the main expense. I've never been to Disneyland or even California. I have no idea where to even begin planning for that.
You will love Disneyland !!! We just got home last night after several days in the Happiest Place on Earth !!

I run the DL 1/2 with DH each year and it's selling out earlier and earlier each year. So keep that in mind once they open registration. Planning is easy since the "resort area" is so close together. There are a ton of buget hotels surrounding the parks and you can easily walk to DL and DCA from the most hotels on Harbor Blvd. and Katella. So you don't really need to stay at one of the 3 hotels on property with so other options close by. The weather is always warm to hot.

It's always a fun race to run. Hope this helps a little with the planning.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #3081
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess

I had to chuckle at this. I checked the Coast to Coast box thinking "what could it hurt?" And I am also using airline miles for the PHM and would be for DL.

DL planning is not as intense as WDW. There are so many fewer choices. If I go I will be using DVC points if I can or staying offsite at a good neighbor hotel I can walk from. There are tons of good local places.

Last edited by sissy_ib; 10-28-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #3082
CruisingGoddess
Disney Princess

Quote:
I am planning to do the Disneyland 1/2 in Sept. I go out to LA for work every few months anyway so I might as well. Also, it'll keep me motivated to continue training after the Princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
You will love Disneyland !!! We just got home last night after several days in the Happiest Place on Earth !!

I run the DL 1/2 with DH each year and it's selling out earlier and earlier each year. So keep that in mind once they open registration. Planning is easy since the "resort area" is so close together. There are a ton of buget hotels surrounding the parks and you can easily walk to DL and DCA from the most hotels on Harbor Blvd. and Katella. So you don't really need to stay at one of the 3 hotels on property with so other options close by. The weather is always warm to hot.

It's always a fun race to run. Hope this helps a little with the planning.
When does registration typically open? Is there a way to sign up to get notified?

Upcoming: WDW Half 2015 (Art of Animation), 1/12/2015 - Disney Dream Inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge, 6/27/2015 - ABD South Africa

Cruises: 11/24/2012 - Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean | 4/25/2009 - Disney Magic E. Caribbean w/Tortola | 4/23/2006 - Disney Wonder Bahamas | 4 x Princess, 2 x Celebrity, 2 x Norwegian, 1 x Royal Caribbean
Resorts: 3/2003 - Grand Californian | 1/2004 - Old Key West | 4/2006- Grand Floridian Honeymoon Suite | 5/2012 - Disneyland Hotel Suite | 12/2012 - Animal Kingdom | 2/2013 - Wilderness Lodge | 1/2014 - Paradise Pier | 2/2014 - Polynesian Resort | 11/2014 - Yacht Club
Races: Wine & Dine Half 2014, Glass Slipper Challenge 2014, Tinker Bell Half 2014, Disneyland Half 2013, Princess Half 2013
Old 10-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #3083
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm considering it. I really really really want to, but it would be next to impossible to make work, schedule wise. I think instead, maybe I'll put the Goofy and the Coast to Coast on the list for 2014, after I graduate in Dec 2013.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #3084
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

I feel like I've reached some kind of milestone or something. After the past few months of wondering if I'm crazy and doubting that I could finish, I did a 5 mile run on Fri. My previous longest run was 3 miles. I had a 4 mile run planned, but I felt great and decided to go on around the loop one more time. I'm still on the slower side, but I was still below the pacing requirement with a 15:11 pace. I wasn't sore the next day, and it wasn't the mental struggle it usually is. I was surprised at how much easier it's gotten. Like someone flipped a switch or something. Just 2.5 months ago, I could barely do 1.5 miles without gasping for breath and hating every second of it at an 18 min mile pace.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #3085
Orcagirl
Earning My Ears

Testing out my PHM costume

Ran today's James Cunningham 9.5K Seawall Race (Vancouver, BC) in my "plan B" Ariel costume for the Princess Half. It was really rainy/windy all night, and I was prepared for a soggy, miserable run, but this morning the sky cleared and by 10am, the weather was practically perfect for a fall run. About 9 degrees Celsius (48F), which suits me just fine.

Messed up my watch and the official results haven't been posted online yet, but I think I finished in about 57 minutes. Definitely had a negative split, which was great. Usually I start out a bit too fast and end up struggling through the final couple of kilometers, but this time I finished really strong.

Will post a couple of pics soon. Was so happy to have an opportunity to test out the costume and make sure it's comfortable and easy to run in. And most importantly, I heard several kids along the way shout "Mommy, look, it's Ariel" so at least I know the costume is recognizable even without a proper mermaid tail!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #3086
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I feel like I've reached some kind of milestone or something. After the past few months of wondering if I'm crazy and doubting that I could finish, I did a 5 mile run on Fri. My previous longest run was 3 miles. I had a 4 mile run planned, but I felt great and decided to go on around the loop one more time. I'm still on the slower side, but I was still below the pacing requirement with a 15:11 pace. I wasn't sore the next day, and it wasn't the mental struggle it usually is. I was surprised at how much easier it's gotten. Like someone flipped a switch or something. Just 2.5 months ago, I could barely do 1.5 miles without gasping for breath and hating every second of it at an 18 min mile pace.
It's a great feeling to see that progress, isn't it? Great job and just think how much you'll be able to accomplish by the time February rolls around!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #3087
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingGoddess View Post
I am planning to do the Disneyland 1/2 in Sept. I go out to LA for work every few months anyway so I might as well. Also, it'll keep me motivated to continue training after the Princess.

When does registration typically open? Is there a way to sign up to get notified?

I think it opened in Jan. last year. We were able to reg. early using our Disney Chase card. No discount but at least it was done.
On the RunDisney site they usually have a place for email sign up to get a reminder about race registration opening up. But I never seem to get those reminders.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #3088
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Moon Faerie, that's AWESOME! If there's one thing I've learned about this running thing, it's that progress is often non-linear. You feel like you're beating your head against a wall, and then next thing you know, you make a big leap. It's such an awesome feeling. I always try to save a little of that great feeling for the next time I'm stuck in a plateau.

Congrats to you on your great progress!

Cate
Old 10-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #3089
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcagirl View Post
Ran today's James Cunningham 9.5K Seawall Race (Vancouver, BC) in my "plan B" Ariel costume for the Princess Half. (...)

Will post a couple of pics soon. Was so happy to have an opportunity to test out the costume and make sure it's comfortable and easy to run in. And most importantly, I heard several kids along the way shout "Mommy, look, it's Ariel" so at least I know the costume is recognizable even without a proper mermaid tail!
Nice race, congrats! What a great idea to run a test race in your costume. Last year I was all ready to run a test run in my fancy race duds (not even a costume, just a sparkly sparkle skirt), but then I realized I WAS GOING TO BE RUNNING AROUND MY NEIGHBORHOOD IN A SPARKLY SKIRT! Duh. I'm not proud, and I run in our early fall sunsets so I am used to looking loudly dorky, but glitter is kind of a lot for the hometown. A race would have made a lot more sense. I bet you made those kids' day...and a lot of other runners too.

Cate
Old 10-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #3090
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I was hoping to do a Cinderella-ish or themed costume. I'm picky about what I run in though so I'm worried about a "real" costume. Was thinking of trying to attach a skirt to my running belt or something along those lines but was looking for some inspiration.

Do you have Bill's email address? I spoke to him on the phone at length the other day and he said he was going to email the changes I made to me but I never got it. Thanks!
Yes! His email is billk @ go world pass . com (I had to space this funny because apparently you need 10 posts before posting an email?? but there are no spaces or anything in the email at all! all one big thing) Sorry this took so long to respond! I have been busy busy busyyy this weekend

Quote:
I'm doing all three now! I definitely recommend the DL half, I did it for the first time this year and I had a blast. I fell right at the start, which sucked. I had a bloody knee and twisted my ankle twice (once at the start and once around mile 7). Everyone was SO supportive though and great. I shocked myself by finishing, and in time. I plan to do it every year from here on out . The best part of the run is going through Angels stadium. The stands are full of people cheering you on and you run around the field. It's the best feeling, ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingGoddess View Post

I remember it being like the second week of January when I signed up this year. I am going to be checking everyday starting Jan 1st though. I don't want to miss it! It sells FAST! I don't think there's any way to get reminders. I wish there was
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: