Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #3016
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Get travel will sell you a spot if you book with them.
Awesome! Thanks so much. I emailed them today and they responded with pricing and stipulations. I just had to figure to find a friend to come with me, and I did! So I'm going to call and hopefully book it tomorrow morning! I can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I grew up in southern California so I know all about staying in a good neighbor hotel at DL! You will want to stay at a WDW resort. WDW is so big. Pretty much all the resorts are nice. I have stayed in the value resorts and the deluxe and they all have their charm. If you stay on property you wont need a rental car as you can take Disney's Magical Express to and from the airport for free.
Thanks so much for all your help! I have a cousin who lives in Orlando who will probably pick me up, but if he's not able to that shuttle will be PERFECT! I'll definitely check out the WDW resort. I need to book my hotel and airline within the next two weeks hahah

Reading all of your guys' posts make me feel so motivated . I'm so glad I found this thread to get support and helpful tips from you all!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 AM   #3017
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Congrats, AnotherPrincess! How exciting!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #3018
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

[QUOTE=bskelly07;46550342]Awesome! Thanks so much. I emailed them today and they responded with pricing and stipulations. I just had to figure to find a friend to come with me, and I did! So I'm going to call and hopefully book it tomorrow morning! [\QUOTE]

Congrats! I thought Bill at Get was great...and the race confirmation comes from Active, so I feel good about the whole thing. If you need to modify anything on your registration Bill will have to do it for you. He had to modify mine the same day he submitted it because I forgot to check Coast to Coast. About an hour after letting Bill know that I got a second confirmation from Active with the change.

I picked the Hampton Inn since it has breakfast and the room has a fridge and micro. Do you know where you will stay?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #3019
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Congratulations on the new job!
When it gets closer a lot of us who are solo need to set up a few meets over the weekend.
Completely agree!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #3020
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Hey- so can we all agree that if someone here wins SOMETHING / ANYTHING from runlikeaprincess.com ... that they post here so we call all ooh & aahhh ? Good luck everyone!!

[/img]
Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #3021
cindy0519
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Hey- so can we all agree that if someone here wins SOMETHING / ANYTHING from runlikeaprincess.com ... that they post here so we call all ooh & aahhh ? Good luck everyone!!
Trying to remember to enter everyday! Staying in the castle would be a dream.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #3022
cindy0519
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Ladies, I'm a little in shock but I just registered for this and sprung for the race retreat as well. I've been considered for a new job, and after finishing the ToT 10 Miler, I kept telling myselt if I get it, I'm going to register. I've been anxiously looking at the percentages, and after the medal was released yesterday I was certain it would fill up quickly. I was about to lose hope, but I got the offer today, which includes a significant pay raise and an extra week of vacation. On top of that, my birthday was yesterday, so this is my gift to myself. I wish I could have registered at ToT, but I was still too uncertain to bite the bullet. I'm doing a half in 6 weeks, and historically runDisney is there, so I wanted to do it there, but I was afraid it would sell out before then. I'm still on the fence about the 5k and the pasta party, but those percentages aren't as high yet. I feel like I have some time to decide. Now, to book the hotel and air. I'll be going solo for the first time ever (unless I win the sweepstakes) so the focus is really just the race. I may spend a day at MK because I'd really like to see the new Fantasyland. If not, I'll be doing the Dream cruise in May with the fam so maybe then. I'm just so excited over my new job and getting to register for this. I've been having a hard time staying focused on my half training for my race in 6 weeks so this is really going to put a spring in my step!! I can't wait to run in a tiara!!
Congrats on all the exciting things happening in your life and welcome to the PHM group
!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #3023
JCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519

I almost wish they didn't have the castle part. I am starting to see the contest come up on all sorts of non-running sites. I just hope whoever wins is actually a runner and not someone who just wanted to stay in the castle.

Completed Races: Halloween 5k 2011 Family Fiesta 5k 2012 Princess HM 2012/3 ToT 10 Miler 2012/3 WDW Half 2013 Dumbo Double Dare 2013!
WDW 10k/Enchanted 10K 2014
Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #3024
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519 View Post
For some reason, I don't think I'll forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
I almost wish they didn't have the castle part. I am starting to see the contest come up on all sorts of non-running sites. I just hope whoever wins is actually a runner and not someone who just wanted to stay in the castle.
I'm wondering if you're seeing these ads based on tracking cookies in your computer. I've noticed I get a lot of ads for Disney stuff online on Yahoo, blogs, etc that have banner ads because of going to Disney sites etc.

[/img]
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #3025
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista311 View Post
A GPS watch is obviously the easiest solution to monitor your pace/time, but a regular watch with an old fashioned pace band (unless you are very good at math on the fly!) works just as well!
Or a phone app - I use RunKeeper and/or iSmoothRun on my iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
I was about to lose hope, but I got the offer today, which includes a significant pay raise and an extra week of vacation.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's great news, on top of Princess registration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Though I neverevereverever win things like this!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 10-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #3026
PrincessV

So, the temp and humidity has FINALLY dropped here in West-Central Florida and I want to offer a great, big THANK YOU!!! to all who repeatedly told me (and others) not to worry about pace as we trained over the long, hot summer... you were so right! I can't get over how much faster I am (even with a injury!) and how much more pleasant running is now that it doesn't feel like running in a steam room.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 10-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #3027
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
So, the temp and humidity has FINALLY dropped here in West-Central Florida and I want to offer a great, big THANK YOU!!! to all who repeatedly told me (and others) not to worry about pace as we trained over the long, hot summer... you were so right! I can't get over how much faster I am (even with a injury!) and how much more pleasant running is now that it doesn't feel like running in a steam room.
Right??? We have a front moving in right now here too and I'm so looking forward to running in what it leaves behind tomorrow morning! I just wish it would hurry up and finally stay for a while rather than going back and forth!

Old 10-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #3028
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

Right??? We have a front moving in right now here too and I'm so looking forward to running in what it leaves behind tomorrow morning! I just wish it would hurry up and finally stay for a while rather than going back and forth!
I'm not sure what running in cool weather will be like. I've only started and live in south ms
Old 10-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #3029
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
The front up here is going to leave behind temps in the 30s tomorrow morning, and I've got a 5k I'll be digging out that Under Armour tonight.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #3030
PrincessV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
I'm not sure what running in cool weather will be like. I've only started and live in south ms
It's all relative, of course - by "cool" I'm referring to anything under 80 and less than 70% humidity! They're actually talking morning temps in the low-60s here... I'm breaking out the tights and jackets!

I run Disney!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: