Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #3001
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
Exactly how many corrals ate there? I'm starting to worry what time the later corrals will start. I haven't found a 10K I can run in to improve my corral and I need to be finished with the race by 11 to shower and catch a taxi to the airport.
It seams like there are hundreds of 5Ks but only a few 10Ks near me. Does anyone know the requirements for the race in order for it to be submitted? Some of these are pretty small events. I would hate to go out and give a 10K my all just to have it not count.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #3002
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR
Exactly how many corrals ate there? I'm starting to worry what time the later corrals will start. I haven't found a 10K I can run in to improve my corral and I need to be finished with the race by 11 to shower and catch a taxi to the airport.
It will depend on the total number of runners...seems to get bigger every year. I think there is usually 5-6 minutes between each corral start. Unfortunately we won't really know anything for sure until the final race instructions/official race guide is posted "approximately one month" from race day...but more times than not seems to end up being more like 2 weeks before race day!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #3003
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib

It seams like there are hundreds of 5Ks but only a few 10Ks near me. Does anyone know the requirements for the race in order for it to be submitted? Some of these are pretty small events. I would hate to go out and give a 10K my all just to have it not count.
For sure it needs to be chip timed for you to have an officially recorded result and the results would need to be posted somewhere where you'll be able to show proof...something you can link to, or bring physical proof to show at the expo if you don't submit via email before the deadline.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #3004
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
For sure it needs to be chip timed for you to have an officially recorded result and the results would need to be posted somewhere where you'll be able to show proof...something you can link to, or bring physical proof to show at the expo if you don't submit via email before the deadline.
Thanks. I found one that has previous years results on Active so I would assume this year would be the same. Best part is it is only $20 to enter!! Gonna ask DH when he gets home if he wants to do it with me.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #3005
Disney Hokie Gal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
This will make me so mad! lol After I registered I realized I could have gotten a $10 discount for being a DVC member!
Send runDisney an e-mail and let them know that you didn't know you could get a discount for being an DVC member. Also include your member number. They should refund that $10 to you - they did it for me.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #3006
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard back from trackshack about their proof of time yet? I'd really like a confirmation but nothing yet. I did send them another email today specifically asking for confirmation so fingers crossed!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #3007
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Hokie Gal

Send runDisney an e-mail and let them know that you didn't know you could get a discount for being an DVC member. Also include your member number. They should refund that $10 to you - they did it for me.
I'll do that now! Thanks so much!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #3008
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Just one more sweeping question

Do the sweepers follow each coral or just the last one?
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #3009
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old
Just one more sweeping question

Do the sweepers follow each coral or just the last one?
Sweeper starts after the last person in the last corral crosses the start line.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #3010
FittobeaPrincess
Earning My Ears

So, how far apart do the corrals start? Also, I saw the mile markers by looking at photos of the race. The big billboard looking signs that they have at every mile.. they also show race time. I am assuming that they start those clocks with the first corrals.. so do you have to figure out how much later you start and add that to the time on the sign to know your actual pace??
Old 10-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #3011
fashionista311
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FittobeaPrincess View Post
So, how far apart do the corrals start? Also, I saw the mile markers by looking at photos of the race. The big billboard looking signs that they have at every mile.. they also show race time. I am assuming that they start those clocks with the first corrals.. so do you have to figure out how much later you start and add that to the time on the sign to know your actual pace??
I believe it's 5-6 mins apart for each corral. Yes, each mile marker will show the gun time. A GPS watch is obviously the easiest solution to monitor your pace/time, but a regular watch with an old fashioned pace band (unless you are very good at math on the fly!) works just as well!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #3012
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Ladies, I'm a little in shock but I just registered for this and sprung for the race retreat as well. I've been considered for a new job, and after finishing the ToT 10 Miler, I kept telling myselt if I get it, I'm going to register. I've been anxiously looking at the percentages, and after the medal was released yesterday I was certain it would fill up quickly. I was about to lose hope, but I got the offer today, which includes a significant pay raise and an extra week of vacation. On top of that, my birthday was yesterday, so this is my gift to myself. I wish I could have registered at ToT, but I was still too uncertain to bite the bullet. I'm doing a half in 6 weeks, and historically runDisney is there, so I wanted to do it there, but I was afraid it would sell out before then. I'm still on the fence about the 5k and the pasta party, but those percentages aren't as high yet. I feel like I have some time to decide. Now, to book the hotel and air. I'll be going solo for the first time ever (unless I win the sweepstakes) so the focus is really just the race. I may spend a day at MK because I'd really like to see the new Fantasyland. If not, I'll be doing the Dream cruise in May with the fam so maybe then. I'm just so excited over my new job and getting to register for this. I've been having a hard time staying focused on my half training for my race in 6 weeks so this is really going to put a spring in my step!! I can't wait to run in a tiara!!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #3013
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Ladies, I'm a little in shock but I just registered for this and sprung for the race retreat as well. I've been considered for a new job, and after finishing the ToT 10 Miler, I kept telling myselt if I get it, I'm going to register. I've been anxiously looking at the percentages, and after the medal was released yesterday I was certain it would fill up quickly. I was about to lose hope, but I got the offer today, which includes a significant pay raise and an extra week of vacation. On top of that, my birthday was yesterday, so this is my gift to myself. I wish I could have registered at ToT, but I was still too uncertain to bite the bullet. I'm doing a half in 6 weeks, and historically runDisney is there, so I wanted to do it there, but I was afraid it would sell out before then. I'm still on the fence about the 5k and the pasta party, but those percentages aren't as high yet. I feel like I have some time to decide. Now, to book the hotel and air. I'll be going solo for the first time ever (unless I win the sweepstakes) so the focus is really just the race. I may spend a day at MK because I'd really like to see the new Fantasyland. If not, I'll be doing the Dream cruise in May with the fam so maybe then. I'm just so excited over my new job and getting to register for this. I've been having a hard time staying focused on my half training for my race in 6 weeks so this is really going to put a spring in my step!! I can't wait to run in a tiara!!
What an exciting couple of days this has been!!! Registering for the PHM, a new job, more income and vacation and a birthday!!! Now *that's* pixie dust!!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #3014
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Congratulations on the new job!
When it gets closer a lot of us who are solo need to set up a few meets over the weekend.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #3015
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I'm still worried about a costume. Does anyone have a good Pinterest board they want to share the link to? Pretty please with sugar on top?
What kind of costume are you thinking?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: