Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #2986
JerzPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily

This past race ~ 2012 PHM ~ they had "balloon people" (men and women) that were pace runners. The first one the went past me scared me to death. I was sure I wasn't going too slow, but a person with balloons was passing me. It took me a little while to realize what was going on.

I wondered if they were always there and I just missed them my first PHM. Does anyone know?
I remember the balloon people from the race last year. It a group of people who are pace runners. Lets say you want to run the race in 3 hours. You find the pace runner in your corral who is the 3 hour pace runner and you stay with that person. You can meet the pace runner for each corral at the expo
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #2987
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
This past race ~ 2012 PHM ~ they had "balloon people" (men and women) that were pace runners. The first one the went past me scared me to death. I was sure I wasn't going too slow, but a person with balloons was passing me. It took me a little while to realize what was going on.

I wondered if they were always there and I just missed them my first PHM. Does anyone know?
Yeah, these are different from the sweeper balloon lady Usually they will have their finish time written on the balloons that they are carrying so you can keep up with them if that's your goal time. Also, they'll be followed by a large pack of people usually...on the other hand, if it was THE balloon lady, you'd see people scattering in front of her trying to get away!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #2988
SmartGuyCEO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
What do you think is "unlocking" on the Run Like a Princess (sweepstakes) page on Nov 19th? Do you think it's Princess themed merch- tees etc? What else could it be?

I'm thinking a discount on entry if you haven't registered already.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #2989
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
If you don't send in a time at all what happens? I have never done a 10K, only 5Ks so I just put that I could finish in 2:45 since that was the minimum time without proof. Will they throw me in the last corral? Do they use your 10K min/mile time and assume that will be your half min/mile time?

Lots of questions I know! I am doing another half in January so I will have that time. (I signed up for that a few weeks ago then this week found out I can go to WDW)
Bring with you any time you get and visit the runner relations booth..it's worth trying for a better corral.

As for the balloon people.. the pacer do have a balloon and a flag with finish time, but it is just one person per pace group. I thought some posted a pix one time of a group with balloons that pick up the rear.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #2990
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Will a 5K time move you up or does it have to be a 10K. I work most Saturdays so the one 5K I've found to run in might be my only opportunity for a time.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #2991
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR
Will a 5K time move you up or does it have to be a 10K. I work most Saturdays so the one 5K I've found to run in might be my only opportunity for a time.
The race has to be 10k or longer to be submitted to runDisney.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #2992
sau418
Mouseketeer

Yay, I was hoping to find a pace group to run with. Has anyone run with one of these groups and is it hard to stick with them with having so many people around?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #2993
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

The race has to be 10k or longer to be submitted to runDisney.
Thanks I'll probably still run for the experience
Old 10-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #2994
JerzPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sau418
Yay, I was hoping to find a pace group to run with. Has anyone run with one of these groups and is it hard to stick with them with having so many people around?
As long as you are able to keep the pace it isn't hard at all. They usually have balloons and you just have to keep them in your sight. The one I saw was a walk/run group and they were loud calling out when they were going to run and when to stop to walk.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #2995
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I'm so bummed I can't enter the Castle contest. I went to enter it as soon as it was posted on the RunDisney FB page but nope, I'm in Canada so no Castle for me.

Oh well...

I'm still worried about a costume. Does anyone have a good Pinterest board they want to share the link to? Pretty please with sugar on top?

I just booked my hotel and flights yesterday! Yay for me, boo for my bank account. LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #2996
JCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzPrincess

As long as you are able to keep the pace it isn't hard at all. They usually have balloons and you just have to keep them in your sight. The one I saw was a walk/run group and they were loud calling out when they were going to run and when to stop to walk.
My husband was amused by the 3 hour guy last year. Since I finished in 3:11, I assume they were a few minutes ahead of me, so he saw him at every viewing stop while waiting for me (it's how he knew I was coming!) yelling "Pick up the pace! P A C E!" and doing all sorts of yells and cheers...the entire 13.1 miles! Then DH imitated him the entire time we were in Epcot...while I was just trying to walk without limping...I wanted to punch him, lol. I think the next half I do I'll try to stick with the 3 hour group.

Completed Races: Halloween 5k 2011 Family Fiesta 5k 2012 Princess HM 2012/3 ToT 10 Miler 2012/3 WDW Half 2013 Dumbo Double Dare 2013!
WDW 10k/Enchanted 10K 2014
Old 10-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #2997
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGuyCEO View Post
I'm thinking a discount on entry if you haven't registered already.
This will make me so mad! lol After I registered I realized I could have gotten a $10 discount for being a DVC member!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #2998
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Oh....and just so you know, I'm now afraid of balloon ladies thanks to this thread. I must not get swept....I must not get swept....

Has anyone heard back from trackshack about their proof of times yet? I still haven't heard.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #2999
JerzPrincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH

My husband was amused by the 3 hour guy last year. Since I finished in 3:11, I assume they were a few minutes ahead of me, so he saw him at every viewing stop while waiting for me (it's how he knew I was coming!) yelling "Pick up the pace! P A C E!" and doing all sorts of yells and cheers...the entire 13.1 miles! Then DH imitated him the entire time we were in Epcot...while I was just trying to walk without limping...I wanted to punch him, lol. I think the next half I do I'll try to stick with the 3 hour group.
I was in corral F last year and the 3 hour guy was bald dressed like Snow White. He was so funny. Full length dress, looked like velvet wearing a red bow head band. He was a sweaty mess but did it in 3 hours
Old 10-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #3000
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Exactly how many corrals ate there? I'm starting to worry what time the later corrals will start. I haven't found a 10K I can run in to improve my corral and I need to be finished with the race by 11 to shower and catch a taxi to the airport.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: