Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #2866
cindy0519
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
I did a small local 5K with my 5 year old yesterday, and she did great! We walked about half of it, but that first mile was FAST! Wow! I was so proud of her. Last night when the times were posted, I found out that we finished in just under 47 minutes. So, I believe that puts us under 16 m/m. I think there's a Disney 5K in her future on our trip in 2014!
So awesome! I love that you are doing it together too. Way to go!!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #2867
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519 View Post
I'm registered!! Decided to just bite the bullet and stop prosrastinating. What's the worst that can happen .... I train (which as hvivona said will now be motivated by the fact that I have offically registered) and I get swept during the race. While it will be disappointing - I will still have tried and that is nothing to be ashamed of Just need to keep chanting this to myself for next 3 or 4 months

Amykay9377- I will gladly be behing you - as long as I am behind you crossing the finish line!

Longhorns2 - I'd love to have 23 people behind me! Sounds like you had an awesome race!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I'm excited about making this commitment and beginning training!

YAY! Welcome to the PHM Family!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #2868
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

A question about the race for those who've run before. Is there continual upbeat music throughout the race or do I need to one earphone my music to keep my pace? Thanks for your patience with a newbie runner
Old 10-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #2869
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
A question about the race for those who've run before. Is there continual upbeat music throughout the race or do I need to one earphone my music to keep my pace? Thanks for your patience with a newbie runner
Not continual, but plenty for me. I train with an earphone, but have never felt the need for one at the PH.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #2870
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
I always bring my ipod with me if I'm running a race alone...it tucks nicely into the little zipper pouch that I have on my hydration belt. I normally won't put it in for the first few miles, but I always use it at some point on some of the more boring stretches. Right before the last mile, I play a certain meaningful (to me) song and then put it away...I love being able to hear the cheers along the last stretch! I'd say if you are training with it and have a convenient place to stow it for the race, go ahead and bring it just in case.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #2871
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy0519 View Post
I'm registered!! Decided to just bite the bullet and stop prosrastinating. What's the worst that can happen .... I train (which as hvivona said will now be motivated by the fact that I have offically registered) and I get swept during the race. While it will be disappointing - I will still have tried and that is nothing to be ashamed of
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I'm excited about making this commitment and beginning training!
Woo-HOO! You can do it! Just registering is half the battle - ignoring that little voice in your head that says, What if I can't do it?! Once you start training, you will be amazed at what you really can do!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #2872
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I finished my 3rd half in 2:49 not the time I wanted but still a PR.
How did you do on the Tough Mudder? How it the knee?
Well done!!!

My knee gave out long before I thought it would and it was pretty treacherous terrain. A lot of climbing steep slick hills and then sliding back down on top of the actual obstacles. But it was an amazing experience!!!! Such an inspirational outpouring of comradery and teamwork. Everyone helps everyone whether it's a team mate or a total stranger. Amazing!!!

Haven't gotten the Brightroom pics yet but we had a few spectators that got great pics of the stuff that was up front (obviously not the ones up the mountains). There's a ton there, but if anyone is interested:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BbsmTZwxYtXQw

Old 10-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #2873
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
I did a small local 5K with my 5 year old yesterday, and she did great! We walked about half of it, but that first mile was FAST! Wow! I was so proud of her. Last night when the times were posted, I found out that we finished in just under 47 minutes. So, I believe that puts us under 16 m/m. I think there's a Disney 5K in her future on our trip in 2014!

Awesome!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #2874
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Well done!!!

My knee gave out long before I thought it would and it was pretty treacherous terrain. A lot of climbing steep slick hills and then sliding back down on top of the actual obstacles. But it was an amazing experience!!!! Such an inspirational outpouring of comradery and teamwork. Everyone helps everyone whether it's a team mate or a total stranger. Amazing!!!

Haven't gotten the Brightroom pics yet but we had a few spectators that got great pics of the stuff that was up front (obviously not the ones up the mountains). There's a ton there, but if anyone is interested:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BbsmTZwxYtXQw
Love your pics. My legs are killing me today how about you?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #2875
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

So yesterday I did my first ever half marathon to get ready for the princess half. I did it at 3:03:08 which is just under a 14 min mile. I think I'm ready. If my knee holds up.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #2876
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda
So yesterday I did my first ever half marathon to get ready for the princess half. I did it at 3:03:08 which is just under a 14 min mile. I think I'm ready. If my knee holds up.
Way to go! You've totally got this! The princess will be do much fun now that you've gotten the scary part of the first half over. Nice job!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 10-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #2877
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Way to go! You've totally got this! The princess will be do much fun now that you've gotten the scary part of the first half over. Nice job!
Thanks! Not knowing whether or not I could finish one was tough!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #2878
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Congrats!!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #2879
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome!!! Way to go!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #2880
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Way to go and congrats! Certainly is motivation for us first time PHM !

Here at Disney doing the wine and food festival...sure hope all the walking is considered "training" we have looked at last year's race map and for us it seems to be mostly flat except for two ramps/hills. In San Antonio we have lots of hills so we think the race is fairly flat vs. how we are training.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: