Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #2656
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Glad you loved it!!! Do you have pictures?

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 10-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #2657
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

We just registered for the Princess!! AHHH!! I can't even believe it!!!! We are staying at POR for the week, with our friend's CM friends and family discount. We decided to do Pasta in the Park, we didn't do that for the Princess this past Feb. We're so excited!!!!!!!

Edited to add DH picked Belle for his princess (he loooooves her hahaha) and I picked Ariel!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #2658
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
SUCH cute skirts!!!! love them! They look super soft and comfy, I always wear compression run crops under my tutus or skirts. I can't seem to be comfy running in bare legs.
Yeah, I'm really not sure what I'd wear underneath since I wear just the regular running shorts with built in panties (or whatever they're called...I sound like my mother!) Anyway, that would look dorky over my normal shorts. And I do have running tights, but I wear them when the temps drop below 40. I have a couple of running skirts with built in shorts, but they tend to ride up on me end end up all bunchy at my, ahem, um, leg pits. Maybe I should try a capri...but I feel like I'd get hot.

There are more pics on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/AtticaAthletic

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend! 2014 OKW for our 20th Anniversary and Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #2659
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:

Love them!!!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #2660
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU View Post
Yeah, I'm really not sure what I'd wear underneath since I wear just the regular running shorts with built in panties (or whatever they're called...I sound like my mother!) Anyway, that would look dorky over my normal shorts. And I do have running tights, but I wear them when the temps drop below 40. I have a couple of running skirts with built in shorts, but they tend to ride up on me end end up all bunchy at my, ahem, um, leg pits. Maybe I should try a capri...but I feel like I'd get hot.

I wear UA shorty compression shorts under a Team Sparkle skirt usually. Gives me the "support" I need but isn't too bulky under the skirt.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #2661
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wear UA shorty compression shorts under a Team Sparkle skirt usually. Gives me the "support" I need but isn't too bulky under the skirt.
Do the legs stay put where they should and not ride up? I just googled them and they look nice and short, like there's not a lot of leg length to ride up. If they're going to end up high on my leg I guess it would be better off just to start there, huh?

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend! 2014 OKW for our 20th Anniversary and Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #2662
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

My friend and I stayed off property last year near downtown disney and had no problems getting amywhere although we probably had to do a bit more planning and Im sure it probably took us a bit longer but for us the savings made it worth it. It is definitely doable.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #2663
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Do the legs stay put where they should and not ride up? I just googled them and they look nice and short, like there's not a lot of leg length to ride up. If they're going to end up high on my leg I guess it would be better off just to start there, huh?
I feel the same way! No sense in making them work for it if that's where they're going anyway. LOL! I like them quite a bit. I only wear them under skirts though because they tend to show some "camel toe" and without the skirt to cover that up, I feel a little obscene.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #2664
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I'm actually ready to go with everything

Cinderella Blue tutu, running skirt to go under tutu, blue running top both long and short sleeve (who knows about the weather) and visor that I attach the tiara onto. Oh....even my running socks have a blue trim.

It will be race time before you know it. I think with the holidays time is going to fly by.
That's what I'm thinking, I need to get this ready before Christmas. Times fly!

Quote:
So, I'm very much not a tutu or costume type of girl. However, I was at the expo for the Hartford Marathon today and saw a booth with little skirts that are kinda calling my name: www.atticaathletic.com Very comfy feeling light meshy skirt fabric and a comfy waistband with a gel pocket. Very nice sisters who own the company (I love buying from small businesses), and they said they're thinking about doing the Princess expo, and if they do they'll do some Disney Princess color combos.

The expo is going on again tomorrow, so I guess I'll sleep on it and think since there is an expo price of I think $42. Still steep, but cheaper than online.
Those are so cute... I hope they'll be at the expo.

Quote:
We just registered for the Princess!! AHHH!! I can't even believe it!!!! We are staying at POR for the week, with our friend's CM friends and family discount. We decided to do Pasta in the Park, we didn't do that for the Princess this past Feb. We're so excited!!!!!!!

Edited to add DH picked Belle for his princess (he loooooves her hahaha) and I picked Ariel!!!
We have just booked POR as well. The standard room was sold out, so we had to take a Royal room. Which actually fits in with the theme of the weekend

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #2665
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run

I feel the same way! No sense in making them work for it if that's where they're going anyway. LOL! I like them quite a bit. I only wear them under skirts though because they tend to show some "camel toe" and without the skirt to cover that up, I feel a little obscene.
You had me literally LOL at that last sentence! Too funny, yet too too true!

I think I'm going to head back over to the expo today...i think I'll go with boring black so i can get more wear out of it. I just got Newton shoes, so that's enough brightness for this girl...unless i go crazy and match my Newtons - aqua and lime with yellow and orange and a little bit of red!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #2666
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wanted to try the Pure Cadence but the guy at Road Runner wasn't having it...
Never hurts to try a different running store for a second opinion if the Cumulus don't work for you. If you end up giving the Pure Cadence a try, I have a pair of bright pink 8.5's with only 30-something miles on them available for a great deal!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #2667
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Those are adorable! The bubblegum pink would be perfect as Princess Aurora! Love the white trim.

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
Old 10-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #2668
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess

We have just booked POR as well. The standard room was sold out, so we had to take a Royal room. Which actually fits in with the theme of the weekend
SOOO COOL!!! We booked a king room because we need the extra room to foam roll! Haha! I am so jealous! Enjoy the royal room!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #2669
debyeb7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012
My friend and I stayed off property last year near downtown disney and had no problems getting amywhere although we probably had to do a bit more planning and Im sure it probably took us a bit longer but for us the savings made it worth it. It is definitely doable.
Thank you
Old 10-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #2670
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone!!!

I signed up for the Princess Half at the ToT expo! YAY! It's fun to see some familiar avatars from the ToT boards. Hello ladies! The temperature and humidity will be better in February, right? RIGHT?! Please say yes.

Anyway, looking forward to it!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: