Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #2566
the_princess
DIS Veteran
 
the_princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
I just saved over $300 by switching rooms package from RunDisney to my Disney Visa code. SO EXCITED!!!
What kind of discount does visa offer??? I just want to know, what I can save on the 10th, when it opens to the public
__________________
Stephanie Instagram:@travel_stepher (Feel free to follow)

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0


MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #2567
christinascreative
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
What kind of discount does visa offer??? I just want to know, what I can save on the 10th, when it opens to the public
I would love to know too!
__________________


[/img]
christinascreative is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #2568
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half
 
Gryhndmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Oh and I guess we're doing a roll-call? I'm 35 (but got carded 3 times this week at the Food & Wine Fest...WOO HOO! )...live just outside of Houston, TX.
So proud you got carded...How was wine & food festival ? Hubby and I are headed there 21 Oct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky11 View Post
I'll be running into my 41st birthday at the W&D 1/2. I've been running Disney for about 4 years. Last year was my first PHM though.
Yeah more military people running ! For anyone with military affiliation, Shades of Green has a SUPER park hopper ticket offer from Sep 2012 through at least the PHM in Feb 2013. Go to the Shades of Green website for more info. Thanks Disney for your support of our military.

The price of freedom is not free !
Gryhndmom is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #2569
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
So proud you got carded...How was wine & food festival ? Hubby and I are headed there 21 Oct.

Loved, loved, loved the F&W...this is something like my 4th or 5th trip out to the festival and it's really a fun time...this was probably the best one yet for me because we stayed at BW...the location just doesn't get any better than that if you're planning to spend time at the festival each day, like we did. We'd play up until about lunch time...hit a few booths for lunch then head back to the room to cool off, freshen up, rest or hit the pool then head back out close to dinner time for more booths. We tried to enjoy it like that slowly each day so that we didn't get ridiculously stuffed at any point and were able to really enjoy ourselves...and really indulge! We ran ToT on saturday night and with the amount of sweat we poured out from the ridiculous humidity that night, we figure we broke even by the end of the trip.... (yeah right!) Portions seemed really big to me compared to other years. I would've liked to try more of the wines, but the heat and humidity had me chugging water like it was going out of style, so I only had a few. I ended up with a heat rash for a few days, so I was trying to take it easy. Already thinking about where to stay for F&W 2013 Hoping they will move the W&D half again away from the last weekend of the festival so we can run that one again, but not holding my breath...and probably would not go back for ToT anytime soon if ever, it was disappointing compared to other Disney races. Have fun at the festival...wish I was still there!!!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #2570
KristinU
DIS Veteran
 
KristinU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Loved, loved, loved the F&W...this is something like my 4th or 5th trip out to the festival and it's really a fun time...this was probably the best one yet for me because we stayed at BW...the location just doesn't get any better than that if you're planning to spend time at the festival each day, like we did. We'd play up until about lunch time...hit a few booths for lunch then head back to the room to cool off, freshen up, rest or hit the pool then head back out close to dinner time for more booths. We tried to enjoy it like that slowly each day so that we didn't get ridiculously stuffed at any point and were able to really enjoy ourselves...and really indulge! We ran ToT on saturday night and with the amount of sweat we poured out from the ridiculous humidity that night, we figure we broke even by the end of the trip.... (yeah right!) Portions seemed really big to me compared to other years. I would've liked to try more of the wines, but the heat and humidity had me chugging water like it was going out of style, so I only had a few. I ended up with a heat rash for a few days, so I was trying to take it easy. Already thinking about where to stay for F&W 2013 Hoping they will move the W&D half again away from the last weekend of the festival so we can run that one again, but not holding my breath...and probably would not go back for ToT anytime soon if ever, it was disappointing compared to other Disney races. Have fun at the festival...wish I was still there!!!
SO. JEALOUS. (well, except the heat rash...)

Back before we were beholden to the almighty school calendar we loved loved loved F&W. Haven't been in a couple of years and I'm dying to go back! And now that they have a race associated...aaaah, it is killing me! And you're right, the Epcot resorts can't be beat for F&W going. Glad you had a great time, and congrats on the race even if you didn't love it. Was there anything specific you didn't love about it?
__________________
1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #2571
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU View Post
SO. JEALOUS. (well, except the heat rash...)
Was there anything specific you didn't love about it?
Yeah, there seems to be a general concensus that they really dropped the ball on this one where entertainment was concerned. It was just really boring...very few characters on the course and only one DJ. I mean, yeah, we're there just to run, but I think we all do the Disney races specifically for the entertainment they provide...it was really disappointing, especially since they played it up so much as a villians themed race...they really could've gone all out and they just didn't. We couldn't believe how long it took to even come up on the first character stop (a Lion King float/puppet piece? Doesn't exactly scream villian to me)...which ended up being the only one we stopped for, so that was a bummer. It seemed to be organized pretty well though from what I could tell...no bottlenecks at the finish, and bag pick up went quickly though it was waaaay across the park from the finish and was on the stage area of Indiana Jones...meaning we had to walk DOWN STAIRS to get our bag and then back UP STAIRS to get out...a very cruel joke, runDisney We didn't stay for the afterparty, but I hear it was way overcrowded and the few characters there were very hard to find...it seems CM's didn't know where to find them either. The crummy weather really made everything worse too...which was obviously no one's fault. The humidity was oppressive and I've read about soooo many people getting sick and passing out just after finishing. Hopefully the medical staff was prepared! Definitely wasn't my best race by a long shot, but at least I finished...I felt very sick and got the chills around mile 5 or 6 and had to slow way down...I think I was getting too close to heat exhaustion. I'm just glad my BF ran this one with me...I wouldn't have wanted to be alone feeling the way I did. I suspect in the next year or so, it'll get better...runDisney seems to be good at hearing and responding to the complaints they get about their races...just seemed like they should've known better to begin with...it's not their first rodeo, you know??
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #2572
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,234

Thank you guys for posting about the Disney Visa discount.


Just saved $280.00. Well...I should say that I have $280.00 more to spend at the expo and shopping.
__________________
VickiHD is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #2573
becky11
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Yeah more military people running ! For anyone with military affiliation, Shades of Green has a SUPER park hopper ticket offer from Sep 2012 through at least the PHM in Feb 2013. Go to the Shades of Green website for more info. Thanks Disney for your support of our military.

The price of freedom is not free !
ToT was my last race on Active Duty and W&D will be my first as a retiree.

We are Annual Passholders (living so close), but your right - the Military Salute ticket is a FANTASTIC deal - I encouraged all my Airmen to take advantage of it!! Even if they use all 4 days during Food & Wine Fest - they wouldn't be disappointed. LOL

(BTW, the current Military Salute is effective 1 Oct 12 - 30 Sep 12.)

I, too, am a fan of the Epcot Resorts, particularly during F&W. We are partial to the Dolphin, especially with their military rate.
__________________
-Amy
Me DH DD (10/05)

Retired USAF 11/1/12 after 21 years!

Apparently, I'm a runner. Who knew?
------------------------------------
Race for the Taste 10K (WDW) 11 Oct 09 -- Tower of Terror 13K (WDW) 24 Oct 09 -- Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 2 Oct 10 -- 2nd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 1 Oct 11 -- Inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon (DL) 29 Jan 12 -- Royal Family 5K (WDW) 25 Feb 12 -- 4th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 26 Feb 12 - CtC! -- 5th Annual Expedition Everest Challenge (WDW) 5 May 12 - DH's first race! -- US Air Force Marathon (Dayton, OH) 15 Sep 12 - first full marathon! -- Inaugural Tower of Terror 10-miler (WDW) 29 Sep 12 -- 3rd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 10 Nov 12 -- 5th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 24 Feb 13
becky11 is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #2574
ColleenG
DIS Veteran
 
ColleenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Are we all 40?? I'm feeling more and more on this thread at home everytime I read that

I would put Bodyglide and sunscreen on my must have list...even 20 yr old princesses chafe. I can only imagine what this will be like for me at 40! It helps your clothes not cut into you with the repeated rubbing. Some people use vaseline, but bodyglide lasts longer.
Yep, I'm 40 too. I'll be 41 at the 2013 PHM. Body Glide is the best stuff EVER!! It seems like with each run lately I find new places that need some. Sometimes I wish I had a small stick of it that I could take on a run for those "surprise" chafing areas.
__________________
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #2575
ColleenG
DIS Veteran
 
ColleenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,474

For ToT, I wonder if they pulled characters because of the heat? You would think they would have that worked out. It is Florida in Sept. it's not unheard of to still be hot. I noticed at PHM this year that there was a trailer near each character. I'm assuming that's where they went to "switch". But, I agree, we all do Disney races for the Disneyness of it.
__________________
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #2576
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS
 
sherekhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
Love it!!! lol


As we get closer, we can make a list of everyone (names or screen names) to add to it. Isn't like neon green the official DIS color? I think I could find a double sided poster that color.
Sounds good. I'm with the non-retreaters.

As far as neon green goes, I'll be wearing that as it's also the color of Shot@Life- a charity I'll be raising money for with this race. Shot@Life educates, connects and empowers Americans to champion vaccines as one of the most cost-effective ways to save the lives of children in developing countries. (www.shotatlife.org)

Here's my donation page if anyone would like to donate! http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fu...cindylevin#top
(and now you know what I look like to look for me pre-race)

If anyone else wants to run for this charity OR ANY OTHER, let me know if you'd like help. www.crowdrise.com is a site we can use to raise money for any 501(c)(3) in the US. It takes about 15 minutes to set up a page to accept donations and you can even post a video to it.

After I ran my first marathon, I swore I'd never do something that hard again unless it was going to save someone's life. Hey, you're doing something amazing anyway. You can save a child's life with every $20 you raise! Wish come true, anyone?

Last edited by sherekhan; 10-06-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added a link
sherekhan is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #2577
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS
 
sherekhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Yep, I'm 40 too. I'll be 41 at the 2013 PHM. Body Glide is the best stuff EVER!! It seems like with each run lately I find new places that need some. Sometimes I wish I had a small stick of it that I could take on a run for those "surprise" chafing areas.
I did see a tiny stick of "Body Glide for Women" I asked what the difference was and the sales person had no answer. I guess the real answer was "less product for higher price" I went ahead and bought the bigger one
sherekhan is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #2578
FFigawi
DIS Veteran
 
FFigawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 1,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Yep, I'm 40 too. I'll be 41 at the 2013 PHM. Body Glide is the best stuff EVER!! It seems like with each run lately I find new places that need some. Sometimes I wish I had a small stick of it that I could take on a run for those "surprise" chafing areas.
Ask around at running stores and booths at race expos. I know they make small ones. Our running group managed to get some that are about the size of half a pack of gum, perfect for throwing in a pocket or belt on a long run.
__________________
Cheers,

John
FFigawi is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 01:53 AM   #2579
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
What kind of discount does visa offer??? I just want to know, what I can save on the 10th, when it opens to the public
I just called the WDW reservation agent and had her check to see if using the Disney Chase Visa discount/promotion would save us $$ on our existing reservation. The agent checked and just changed the code on her end and it saved us $$$.

I would call right away to check--it can't hurt to check. Calling earlier may help too since they may have a limited number of rooms availiable under this promotion.

Hope this helps and good luck.
__________________
VickiHD is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #2580
KristinU
DIS Veteran
 
KristinU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Yeah, there seems to be a general concensus that they really dropped the ball on this one where entertainment was concerned. It was just really boring...very few characters on the course and only one DJ. I mean, yeah, we're there just to run, but I think we all do the Disney races specifically for the entertainment they provide...it was really disappointing, especially since they played it up so much as a villians themed race...they really could've gone all out and they just didn't. We couldn't believe how long it took to even come up on the first character stop (a Lion King float/puppet piece? Doesn't exactly scream villian to me)...which ended up being the only one we stopped for, so that was a bummer. It seemed to be organized pretty well though from what I could tell...no bottlenecks at the finish, and bag pick up went quickly though it was waaaay across the park from the finish and was on the stage area of Indiana Jones...meaning we had to walk DOWN STAIRS to get our bag and then back UP STAIRS to get out...a very cruel joke, runDisney We didn't stay for the afterparty, but I hear it was way overcrowded and the few characters there were very hard to find...it seems CM's didn't know where to find them either. The crummy weather really made everything worse too...which was obviously no one's fault. The humidity was oppressive and I've read about soooo many people getting sick and passing out just after finishing. Hopefully the medical staff was prepared! Definitely wasn't my best race by a long shot, but at least I finished...I felt very sick and got the chills around mile 5 or 6 and had to slow way down...I think I was getting too close to heat exhaustion. I'm just glad my BF ran this one with me...I wouldn't have wanted to be alone feeling the way I did. I suspect in the next year or so, it'll get better...runDisney seems to be good at hearing and responding to the complaints they get about their races...just seemed like they should've known better to begin with...it's not their first rodeo, you know??
Thanks for the review. Honestly, I'm not all about character meet & greets, but it is fun to see them out there on the course for sure! And yeah, sounds like they could have totally "villained it up" Oh well, maybe they'll get some good feedback for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Sometimes I wish I had a small stick of it that I could take on a run for those "surprise" chafing areas.
Chapstick will do the trick too, and super easy to keep in a pocket or pouch.

Another tip on chapstick (or glide works for this too) - if you have problems with sweat dripping into your eyes, slick down your eyebrows with chapstick and they'll work to divert the droplets around your eyes.
__________________
1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: