Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #2401
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead

Kind of funny you had to travel up here for one. I had the devil of a time finding a 10k last year that I could use to submit for this year's Princess. I've found the same as others have mentioned: tons of 5k races but not a whole of 10ks.
I ran the hotcake hustle. It wasn't pretty, but I had a time to submit.

http://www.runproject.org/.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #2402
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead

Kind of funny you had to travel up here for one. I had the devil of a time finding a 10k last year that I could use to submit for this year's Princess. I've found the same as others have mentioned: tons of 5k races but not a whole of 10ks.
I went to Dallas just a couple of weeks ago for the Tour de Fleurs 10k...it was a really great race, very organized!!! And what a beautiful setting...the Dallas Arboretum and a nice lake...not sure what the lake was called though. We were bummed that we really didn't have much time to spend there post race, it was gorgeous out there. I'd go back to Dallas for that one next year if I needed a 10k during that time for whatever reason. Also, Blue Bell hosts a 10k every year in Brenham in april. It's SUPER hilly, but all you can eat Blue Bell afterwards! I booked my room for next year's race yesterday. . I've done the Trafigura 10k here in Houston too...usually held first part of December, if you wanted to come down to H-town

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #2403
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
Looking for suggestions:
What is your favorite running pouch?
I tried several different belt style pouches and none worked for me (though I will give a HUGE kudos to the iFitness folks, they were WAY above and beyond working with me trying to get a belt that worked for me, sending me a couple of different styles and asking for me to take pics and send them to them for analysis) I'm 5'1" and apparently my leg joint at my hip just doesn't allow for enough space for the things to stay low at the hips on me - they all ride right up to my waist and frustrate me and cause chafing.

Anyway, what DOES work for me is the Amphipod clip on pouches. I have the Lock On Micropack Smartview for my Android phone. I have to ensure that any running shorts or pants have a drawstring that I can tie tight, but once I do that I'm all set I wear my phone at the center of my back and then use a bluetooth headset. It fits my ID and a few bucks as well.

For water I use the Nathan Sprint, and recently got a Sprint Plus with the zip up pouch, which allows me to stash my energy gummies in there instead of jamming them in my waistband or under my bra strap at my shoulder. I love it!

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #2404
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Exactly!!!! I think I have runner's ADD. LOL!! I need it broken up into little bits to keep from getting bored. Run, run, run....oooooh a Princess!!!!...run, run....ooooh a castle!!! Hey, there's my kids, better smile!!...run, run...hmmm, any characters? No? Maybe I should look at my phone...oooh, run time? Hmmm, okay...finish line yet? No? Hmm...run, run...hey it's Tinkerbell!!!...Hey, *I'M* Tinkerbell!! YES! I love today!!! Wait, I'm tired and my legs hurt...are we there yet?...

I can't see myself ever doing a full marathon, but then again, I never thought I'd do a half either and I'm already planning Princess '13, Tink '14 and W&D '14 so I guess anything could happen.

I also understand and used to be the same way.

I have to say I'm much better now since my running, either on the tread mill or at the track, seems to be the only time I have to myself. You know .....a much needed and well deserved break from our wonderful mouseketeer and my husband. I guess my running has turned into "ME TIME" and I can get a little unhappy if I don't put some miles in during the week.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #2405
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I also understand and used to be the same way.

I have to say I'm much better now since my running, either on the tread mill or at the track, seems to be the only time I have to myself. You know .....a much needed and well deserved break from our wonderful mouseketeer and my husband. I guess my running has turned into "ME TIME" and I can get a little unhappy if I don't put some miles in during the week.
I do enjoy that aspect of it and I always count that as the #1 reason to run (especially outside because inside there are still too many distractions). Between my job, kids and life, it's so rare that no one is bugging me. I love that about running. I jokingly (sort of!) say that I am running away from it all. Only dummy me, I always come back.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #2406
MVBowers111
Mouseketeer

Does anyone here know if I can have two bid numbers on the same CD from brightroom and how I would do that if it is possible? I really want the CD but I ran with my sister and would love to have her pictures on it as well.

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #2407
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

I'm late to the thread here apparently but I'm joining in on the fun!

I registered last night just before the increase and so look out Florida - here I come!

Actually Longhorns2 made me do it!

I'm doing Tink in Jan so this will give me my C2C!

So....what have I missed? Is there a Cliff's Notes version of the first 161 pages of this thread? LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #2408
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
I'm doing the Hot Chocolate 15K in November and hoping that gives me a good enough time to get a good corral. I don't expect to be in the front, but I am just hoping to avoid trampling or being trampled.
I'm considering doing that one as well. Mainly because I've had a conflict every year in the past and I really want that Hot Chocolate hoodie If I decide to run it, I'll give you a holler if you want to meet. I'd be wearing the tiara visor!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #2409
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I jokingly (sort of!) say that I am running away from it all.
I love that !!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #2410
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
I'm considering doing that one as well. Mainly because I've had a conflict every year in the past and I really want that Hot Chocolate hoodie If I decide to run it, I'll give you a holler if you want to meet. I'd be wearing the tiara visor!
Let me know! DH and I already signed up so we will for sure be there. I can't wait to see that visor!!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #2411
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBowers111 View Post
Does anyone here know if I can have two bid numbers on the same CD from brightroom and how I would do that if it is possible? I really want the CD but I ran with my sister and would love to have her pictures on it as well.

Thanks!
They are pretty picky about you having to be in the picture if you order it on your CD. It can be just a part of your body but you need to physically be in it or you can't get it on your CD. They will tag you by bib and if you find yourself in the Lost & Found or someone else's pictures, you have to call or email them to add those to your gallery and then you buy the CD. So it probably depends on how diligent the person is who gets your call, but they are not supposed to add them if you aren't in it somewhere.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #2412
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Tiara Visor

Quote:
Let me know! DH and I already signed up so we will for sure be there. I can't wait to see that visor!!
Here's the visor just in case we don't meet up
http://shop.runningprincess.com/RUNN...SOR-TV-108.htm

I think I'll be experimenting to wear a costume tiara for the 1/2, but I got this to keep me going through training. Who knows...still plenty of time to think about hair! Any suggestions about affixing tiara's are welcome though, since this is the best place to discuss such topics
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #2413
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Charity Miles app

By the way, for all y'all racking up the miles with smart phones. There is a free app out there called "Charity Miles" that I heard about last weekend and I'm going to start using. This is their description below. If you're not sure which charity to pick, I recommend the Global Fund to Fight AIDS TB and Malaria (I'm a global poverty activist and I know this to be an incredibly effective organization), but all of them are very worthwhile charities. I mean, you're running anyway, right? Might as well save lives, too

"Charity Miles is an iPhone/Android app that empowers you to earn corporate sponsorships for charity by walking, running or biking. Just choose a charity and press start. As you walk, run or bike, the app tracks your distance and you earn money for your charity. Bikers earn 10¢ per mile; walkers and runners earn 25¢ per mile, all up to our initial $1,000,000 sponsorship pool. And this is just the beginning. As you walk, run or bike with Charity Miles, you also help us attract more sponsors to increase our sponsorship pool for everyone. So please join the movement. And please invite your friends. Because changing the world is a team sport!"

Last edited by sherekhan; 09-27-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #2414
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Here's the visor just in case we don't meet up
http://shop.runningprincess.com/RUNN...SOR-TV-108.htm

I think I'll be experimenting to wear a costume tiara for the 1/2, but I got this to keep me going through training. Who knows...still plenty of time to think about hair! Any suggestions about affixing tiara's are welcome though, since this is the best place to discuss such topics
Cute!!!

I wore a tiara for a 5K a few years ago. Actually, I ran it in full make-up, a tiara and carried an evening bag. Some friends didn't think I would show because I hadn't bought new running shoes since having 3 kids and didn't get around to it until about 2 weeks before the run. It wasn't my best time, but my make-up was still flawless at the end. LOL!!!

I actually just wore the one from my wedding. It has combs that stick it in your hair. It was no problem at all.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #2415
the_princess
DIS Veteran

When you are planning your costume, do you think about how comfortable it is on a long run??? I'm thinking of just wearing a tutu and a tiara, but I'm nervous about the tutu moving around and up and down while running, and the tiara giving me a head ache on the way.
Do you have any ideas on how to avoid this?

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: