Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #2386
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Princess V, you can also use an old race. I think one back to July 2011 will work. I can't find the info on the new website, but it was on the old website.

So if you had one to turn in from then, you don't have to sweat the time at ToT.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #2387
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

I'm officially all registered for the Thanksgiving 10K in hopes of a good qualifying time and for the Princess Half. I'm feeling very and

I'm planning on doing the 5K as well, but I'm holding off on registering for it. The price doesn't increase, so no need to give them any more of my money right now.

Oh, and I was feeling optomisitc when I registered. I checked yes for the coast to coast. My brother is moving to CA soon, so it totally gives me even more of an excuse to get out to DL for the half, right?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #2388
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Princess V, you can also use an old race. I think one back to July 2011 will work.
Sadly, I don't have an old one, either. We have a serious dearth of 10Ks around here! May have something to do with it feeling like the surface of the sun half the year, eh? Good to know for future reference, though - thanks!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 09-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #2389
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

I'm doing the Hot Chocolate 15K in November and hoping that gives me a good enough time to get a good corral. I don't expect to be in the front, but I am just hoping to avoid trampling or being trampled.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #2390
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Sadly, I don't have an old one, either. We have a serious dearth of 10Ks around here! May have something to do with it feeling like the surface of the sun half the year, eh? Good to know for future reference, though - thanks!
Yeah, where are all the 10ks, FLORIDA????

Though, PrincessV, if you can head up to St Augustine on November 17, there is a 10k on that day - that is the one I'm doing for my Proof of Time. It starts near Castillo, goes over the Bridge of Lions, turns around in Anastasia State Park and back. It looks like a pretty good race and says it's even walk-friendly, which means that I won't feel so bad in the back bringing up the rear

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #2391
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post
Yeah, where are all the 10ks, FLORIDA????

Though, PrincessV, if you can head up to St Augustine on November 17, there is a 10k on that day -
So it's not just me?! It's absolutely bizarre to me how few 10Ks we have, and of those, how few are officially timed! And dontcha know, there are a few of them Thanksgiving week... when I'll be at WDW. In a perfect world, I'll be healthy enough to run a local half-marathon in mid-Dec. It's one I'd love to run and would be a great proof of time, but I just don't know if it's likely, given the current state of my IT band stuff.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #2392
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

It's the same here in Austin. Tons of 5ks, fair amount of halves even. But timed 10ks are rare! We do one huge one (think 40k runners) and then nothing ... It's crazy. There is one in October I found that I'm running for time, but I traveled to Dallas last year for my 10k. (Hoping to improve on that time!)

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #2393
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

My problem for times to submit is that I mostly do obstacle course running (like Tough Mudder or other mud runs). Even the ones that are timed can't be compared because you have to stop and climb a series of 10' walls, repel up/down a hill or whatever plus they are all off-road style trail run set-ups. My last timed mud run was a 5K and it took me just under 45 min but then I just ran a regular 5K on 9/13 in about 28m, so there's really no comparison between the two.

I hate to say this, but a straight run longer than 5K isn't all that exciting to me. Disney is different because it's not like you're just running. You're in the most magical place on earth with characters and castles and all good things. But for just a regular run, I don't enjoy it enough to do a ton of 10Ks or longer.

I signed up for Hot Chocolate 15K partly to get a time for the Princess and partly because I am hoping the chocolate at the end provides enough incentive to go go go!!!! And the goodie bag is an awesome hoodie plus all the chocolate you can eat (or carry).

Old 09-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #2394
lolale
Earning My Ears

Count me in!! And my sister and my mom! We are all attempting our first halves and my mom and sister are new to running! I am so excited about this adventure and challenge that we tackling together.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #2395
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
I hate to say this, but a straight run longer than 5K isn't all that exciting to me. Disney is different because it's not like you're just running. You're in the most magical place on earth with characters and castles and all good things. But for just a regular run, I don't enjoy it enough to do a ton of 10Ks or longer.

I signed up for Hot Chocolate 15K partly to get a time for the Princess and partly because I am hoping the chocolate at the end provides enough incentive to go go go!!!! And the goodie bag is an awesome hoodie plus all the chocolate you can eat (or carry).
ITA. A 5K is fun, anything longer than that unless it's Disney just isn't. I am not a "true" runner that just loves to go long... I get bored! Which is why the ONLY way I will EVER do a marathon will be at WDW. Even then I have more concerns about my mental toughness than I do about they physical aspect (though that one freaks me out as well!)

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #2396
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
ITA. A 5K is fun, anything longer than that unless it's Disney just isn't. I am not a "true" runner that just loves to go long... I get bored! Which is why the ONLY way I will EVER do a marathon will be at WDW. Even then I have more concerns about my mental toughness than I do about they physical aspect (though that one freaks me out as well!)
Exactly!!!! I think I have runner's ADD. LOL!! I need it broken up into little bits to keep from getting bored. Run, run, run....oooooh a Princess!!!!...run, run....ooooh a castle!!! Hey, there's my kids, better smile!!...run, run...hmmm, any characters? No? Maybe I should look at my phone...oooh, run time? Hmmm, okay...finish line yet? No? Hmm...run, run...hey it's Tinkerbell!!!...Hey, *I'M* Tinkerbell!! YES! I love today!!! Wait, I'm tired and my legs hurt...are we there yet?...

I can't see myself ever doing a full marathon, but then again, I never thought I'd do a half either and I'm already planning Princess '13, Tink '14 and W&D '14 so I guess anything could happen.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #2397
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Looking for suggestions:
What is your favorite running pouch?
What do you use for interval time keeping?
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
Old 09-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #2398
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Exactly!!!! I think I have runner's ADD. LOL!! I need it broken up into little bits to keep from getting bored. Run, run, run....oooooh a Princess!!!!...run, run....ooooh a castle!!! Hey, there's my kids, better smile!!...run, run...hmmm, any characters? No? Maybe I should look at my phone...oooh, run time? Hmmm, okay...finish line yet? No? Hmm...run, run...hey it's Tinkerbell!!!...Hey, *I'M* Tinkerbell!! YES! I love today!!! Wait, I'm tired and my legs hurt...are we there yet?...

I can't see myself ever doing a full marathon, but then again, I never thought I'd do a half either and I'm already planning Princess '13, Tink '14 and W&D '14 so I guess anything could happen.
I SWORE it would never happen here either. But the Princess sold me on a half (or two ) after I did it once. It's now an annual thing for me. And I have a group of ladies that are thinking of going Goofy for our 40th birthdays.... insane!

I think I like running intervals so I don't get bored. I have something to focus on- walking OR running. ha ha ha

My No-Guilt Life
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #2399
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
Looking for suggestions:
What is your favorite running pouch?
What do you use for interval time keeping?
I love my ifitness running belt, it doesn't bounce has 2 compartments for water bottles, 2 loops for your gels (I use GU) and the clip things to hang your bib. It's super comfortable.
I use runkeeper on my phone you can add any type of interval, you can add a warm up/cool down, you can change it for different sports (running, walking, bikes, treadmill,etc) I've been using both for 9 months now.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358654
Old 09-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #2400
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's the same here in Austin. Tons of 5ks, fair amount of halves even. But timed 10ks are rare! We do one huge one (think 40k runners) and then nothing ... It's crazy. There is one in October I found that I'm running for time, but I traveled to Dallas last year for my 10k. (Hoping to improve on that time!)
Kind of funny you had to travel up here for one. I had the devil of a time finding a 10k last year that I could use to submit for this year's Princess. I've found the same as others have mentioned: tons of 5k races but not a whole of 10ks.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: