Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #2311
Orcagirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Thanks! I'm hopeful!
Now I need to put together an Ariel outfit. I will *hopefully* be about 30-40 lbs lighter than I am right now (I'm on WW and obviously training for this race). I have no idea what size I'll be and though I'd love to run in a sports bra -- I'll need more of a tank top situation as I'm not sure if how I see myself will catch up with how I actually look by then. I'm thinking purple sports bra over a flesh colored tank-- but where to get a flesh colored tank? I feel like I've reached the end of Google! Any help out there?
I'm going as Ariel as well! Just finished my tutu last night; I'm going to try running in it during an upcoming 10k to make sure it holds up.

Try American Apparel for a flesh-toned tank.

Erin
Old 09-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #2312
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcagirl View Post

Try American Apparel for a flesh-toned tank.

Erin
You're awesome. Exactly what I needed!
I don't know if I could run in a tutu. I have a thing about tulle. I might get myself one of those sparkle skirts or just wear turquoise or green capris or shorts and call it a day. I *will* be fashioning some sort of headband with a starfish though

[/img]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #2313
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
Here is a link from Team Sparkle that I used on my running buddy Amy last year. It worked, she felt nothing and no chaffing. Tinkeramy said no issues and she never felt the wings.

Thanks Team Sparkle for all the great ideas!

http://www.according-to-kelly.com/20...while-running/

OH and if anyone is looking for a generic costume starter, Target has these "Tutu Dresses" for $20. Basically its a spaghetti strap top that is a stretchy poly fabric, so seems like it would be great for exercise, with a tulle tutu on the skirt. Available in Pink, Purple, Green and Light/Med Blue. One size fits most.
Thanks for the tip! I picked up the purple to see if I can do something with it for Rapunzel. Gotta love Target!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 09-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #2314
ccsmith312
Earning My Ears

I am subscribing to this thread. I haven't signed up yet for the princess, but I really want to! I'm nervous that I won't finish or I won't be fast enough and will get "swept away". :-). I am not a runner, but I think I could learn. I ran/walked yesterday for about three miles and thought I was going to DIE! Lol! I don't know if I can do this! I want to train for a couple of weeks and then time my pace before I decide to sign up. Am I a chicken or what? ;-)

Mom's Simple Guide to the Disney Magic
Old 09-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #2315
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsmith312 View Post
I am subscribing to this thread. I haven't signed up yet for the princess, but I really want to! I'm nervous that I won't finish or I won't be fast enough and will get "swept away". :-). I am not a runner, but I think I could learn. I ran/walked yesterday for about three miles and thought I was going to DIE! Lol! I don't know if I can do this! I want to train for a couple of weeks and then time my pace before I decide to sign up. Am I a chicken or what? ;-)
You can do it!!!! Start training now and you'll be ready when February gets here!!! if you're already run/walking 3 miles, you're doing better than a lot of people and miles ahead of everybody sitting on their couch wishing they could do it! What better motivation is there than running through Cinderella's Castle to keep you going?

Every runner has a first mile and every mile has a first step. You're already 3 miles in and you still have so much time to train.

Come on, tell us we'll see you there!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #2316
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Uh - you did 3 miles your first time out? Good gracious, I'm pretty sure you can do this!!!! It took me a while to work up to 3 miles. I used Hal Higdon's beginning runner training plan. You can TOTALLY do this. I checked out your site (it's great!) and you would definitely love doing the Princess Half! I wasn't a runner at all but jumped in and registered to make sure that I DID do it. So much fun!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #2317
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome !!!! You can do it and there is time to start officially training for it.

Check out the RunDisney site and Jeff Galloway's Training Program. He has a run/walk program for beginners and those who want to improve their time.
Personally, I love his programs and like to follow them.

Where else can you wear a tiara and run with a bunch of other Princesses ? It will be SO much fun.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #2318
julieamedeiros
Can't wait to go back!

OMG - I just signed up!

Hi,

I have been lurking around for a few weeks here reading up on everyone's training and progress and decided to bite the bullet!

It will be me and my mom (who is 64 just beat breast cancer last year and this year fell while walking and fractured her pelvis in three spots) walk/running for our first time! I am about 50 lbs heavier than I should be so we started with the Jeff Galloway pre-conditioning training. We decided if we could do the 8 week program then we would sign up and move on to the 22 week program. We both feel better than we have in a long time....mentally and physically.

Well, tonight we did the last training session and had a 14.01 per mile time

So I hope there will be some improvement in that time by race day

I have a lot of reading to catch up on here. I love reading all of your tips and ideas. Can't wait to do this....just nervous about those sweepers

Julie
Old 09-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #2319
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieamedeiros View Post
Hi,

I have been lurking around for a few weeks here reading up on everyone's training and progress and decided to bite the bullet!

It will be me and my mom (who is 64 just beat breast cancer last year and this year fell while walking and fractured her pelvis in three spots) walk/running for our first time! I am about 50 lbs heavier than I should be so we started with the Jeff Galloway pre-conditioning training. We decided if we could do the 8 week program then we would sign up and move on to the 22 week program. We both feel better than we have in a long time....mentally and physically.

Well, tonight we did the last training session and had a 14.01 per mile time

So I hope there will be some improvement in that time by race day

I have a lot of reading to catch up on here. I love reading all of your tips and ideas. Can't wait to do this....just nervous about those sweepers

Julie
Welcome !!!

Congrats on finishing your 8 week session. It sounds like you are definitely ready to move on the the 22 week program !! You are off to a good start!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #2320
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can definitely do this!! What is your pace like now? There is still plenty of time to train and gain some speed. Just think of the sparkly, shiny medal you will get at the end of the race! That's what got me to do the Princess for the first time this year and to get off the couch and start running. Hi, I'm Colleen and I am addicted to bling, especially Disney bling!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 09-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #2321
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! Please add me to the list, I just signed up tonight! I will be there with my running buddy who flies cross country to run with me!

I will have to wait to read all of the pages until I get back from my trip. I will be heading down Thursday to run the TOT 10 miler. I have only done 2 races: Royal Family 5k in Feb and a 10k locally in July, so I am still new to this whole running thing!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:20 AM   #2322
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Count me in

I haven't officially registered yet, but this is my "count me in" announcement! Please add me to the list.

By way of introduction, I'll say that I'm a past Disney marathoner (15 yrs ago that seems like a million years ago) Doing this race as a last long distance run for me - I've been so far out of it, this is like starting at the beginning again - and a passing of the metaphorical baton to my 9 and 7 yr old daughters who will be running their very first races.

Here's what I'm wondering:
Is the gold ChEAR squad package worth it? Is it really so crowded now that your family would need reserved spots? Back in '97, people just sauntered up and were always right in front

and...I see it says it's $65 for the gold package. Is that for kids as well? So it would cost me $65x3 for my husband and kids? That seems like a lot.

Also, can anyone recall if the race passes close enough by the Wilderness Lodge that my family might be able to stay there and just walk out to see me run by?

Last edited by sherekhan; 09-23-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #2323
mahipp
Mouseketeer

22 weeks until the Princess!
http://fromthepagetotheprincess.weeb...-22-weeks.html

Early registration ends Wednesday. After that, the price goes up $15.
http://www.rundisney.com/princess-ha.../registration/

And, Sherekhan, here's the 2012 map
Old 09-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #2324
ccsmith312
Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting the map!

Mom's Simple Guide to the Disney Magic
Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #2325
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Here's what I'm wondering:
Is the gold ChEAR squad package worth it? Is it really so crowded now that your family would need reserved spots? Back in '97, people just sauntered up and were always right in front

and...I see it says it's $65 for the gold package. Is that for kids as well? So it would cost me $65x3 for my husband and kids? That seems like a lot.
I ended up getting the Platinum package for DH and my 3 boys. It's a ton of money but then they get a meal, drinks, climate control place to hang out, characters to meet, bathrooms, activities, etc. I was basically thinking that if I'm asking DH to watch 3 little boys at the crack of dawn on his own while I go "play" this was a good option to make it easier for all of them. Plus, I am sure the kids are going to be going nuts wanting to go to the parks because it's kind of unfortunate the way the schedule pans out for when they can FINALLY start enjoying the trip (we arrive Friday, we'll ave a few hours at MK Saturday after the kids races and before the 4:45 ADR but needing to get to bed that night means the first REAL day at the parks won't be until Sunday after the race. This gives them "Disney stuff" to do to make it easier on them (and DH!).

And since I bought race retreat for myself, this will kind of be like brunch for all of us, so we don't have that expense to account for.

I went back and forth on the issue...as you can probably tell but decided to do it. I am funny like that thought. I will never spend $10 per person for SWA's EBCI but I will spend $99 per person for platinum chear squad.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: