Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #2281
CruiseBoundnKY
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me about the ramps on the course? How many?

Also, if you are walker are you automatically in the last corrals to start?

Thanks.
Pop Century March 31 - April 7, 2012 Disney Dream Nov. 27 - Dec. 2; AKV Dec. 2 - 5 Dec. 5 - 8, 2010 Pop Century Nov. 28, - Dec. 6, 2009 Pop Century October 25, 2008 Disney Magic "Halloween on the High Seas" Alternate Western Double Dip May 5-12 2007 Disney Magic "Cinco Dis Mayo" Western Cruise May 2-4 2007 Disney ASMo May 2005 7-Days Sheraton Vistana Resorts Summer 1996 5-Days Can't remember where we stayed
Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #2282
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseBoundnKY View Post
Can someone tell me about the ramps on the course? How many?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember two overpass up and downs and the ramp under the "water bridge" near the Contemporary. I remember one overpass with the army guys from Toy Story and then a final one right before Epcot that didn't have anything that I remember. I believe there were characters at the water bridge spot as well. All in all it is a very flat course with distractions at the inclines for the most part. Oh wait, one more spot at the TTC, kind of a little incline there as well where the trams go.

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend! 2014 OKW for our 20th Anniversary and Wine & Dine Half Marathon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #2283
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
I would love to hearr your report on the Expedition Everest Challenge, my DD11 and I will do it next year.
I did it with a really good friend and we had a great time. We went in having no idea what to expect and finished 14th out of all the women teams! It starts after dark, which was weird. It was hard to decide when to eat dinner and how much to eat, etc. We ended up at Sanaa and did tasting kinds of food around 5:30 pm.

The atmosphere at the starting line was a big party and we saw lots of fun costumes. It was HOT! (I am from MN, so once it gets over 80 I start to wilt) There was one pair there in Yeti costumes and I don't know how they didn't die of heat exhaustion. We were in a later wave, so we didn't start until a half hour after the first wave.

It was a very crowded run. Felt like you were always either in someone's way, or trying to get past someone, but people were always pleasant. There were three obstacles: jumping over some hay bales, running through some tires, and crawling under a net. Nothing too strenuous.

Once you get past the running, you keep going and pick up your first clue. It gives you kind of a word/logic puzzle and the name of a station in the next area of AK. For example, you have the puzzle and then have to find Dale in Camp Minnie/Mickey. So once you have solved your puzzle, you run to Camp MM and find the sign that says Dale. You show the attendant there your answer and if it's right, you get the next clue. At the end, you have to use all the clues to solve the last puzzle and get to the finish line.

The after party is fantastic! We rode EE and KRR with no lines. In fact, we just stayed on KRR 3 times in a row without even having to get off. That is a relief when you are so hot from running. They had dancing and some food open in Dinoland too. The Dinoland attractions were all going full swing too.

We are definitely doing it again this year.

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #2284
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Oh no. What did I just do? I'm nuts.
AKA
It's official. I just signed up for the Princess 1/2.

You've GOT this!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #2285
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
I did it with a really good friend and we had a great time. We went in having no idea what to expect and finished 14th out of all the women teams! It starts after dark, which was weird. It was hard to decide when to eat dinner and how much to eat, etc. We ended up at Sanaa and did tasting kinds of food around 5:30 pm.

The atmosphere at the starting line was a big party and we saw lots of fun costumes. It was HOT! (I am from MN, so once it gets over 80 I start to wilt) There was one pair there in Yeti costumes and I don't know how they didn't die of heat exhaustion. We were in a later wave, so we didn't start until a half hour after the first wave.

It was a very crowded run. Felt like you were always either in someone's way, or trying to get past someone, but people were always pleasant. There were three obstacles: jumping over some hay bales, running through some tires, and crawling under a net. Nothing too strenuous.

Once you get past the running, you keep going and pick up your first clue. It gives you kind of a word/logic puzzle and the name of a station in the next area of AK. For example, you have the puzzle and then have to find Dale in Camp Minnie/Mickey. So once you have solved your puzzle, you run to Camp MM and find the sign that says Dale. You show the attendant there your answer and if it's right, you get the next clue. At the end, you have to use all the clues to solve the last puzzle and get to the finish line.

The after party is fantastic! We rode EE and KRR with no lines. In fact, we just stayed on KRR 3 times in a row without even having to get off. That is a relief when you are so hot from running. They had dancing and some food open in Dinoland too. The Dinoland attractions were all going full swing too.

We are definitely doing it again this year.
Great info!! DH and I are doing this in 2013, too and super excited not only for the event itself but for our first kid-free Disney trip!!

Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #2286
PrincessPSU
Earning My Ears

Anyone have running costume idea or pics they care to share? I'm SO excited to start planning our costumes but don't know where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #2287
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPSU View Post
Anyone have running costume idea or pics they care to share? I'm SO excited to start planning our costumes but don't know where to start.
I'm wearing this and wings to be Tink:

It has built-in shorts. I need to figure out shoes. I normally wear pink/orange Vibram Bikilas but might try to find something green. Not sure how bright pink and orange would detract from the look. But I also hate to stray from the shoes I love.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #2288
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Great info!! DH and I are doing this in 2013, too and super excited not only for the event itself but for our first kid-free Disney trip!!
We really enjoyed our kid-free trip. We sat by the pool, got massages, hung out at DTD. Even the parks were a different experience. We could use the bathroom in about 30 seconds!

You will have a great time!

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Old 09-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #2289
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPSU

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I googled princess running costumes. There are a ton of ideas out there.
I'm running as Snow White. I'm looking for a blue short sleeve running top and will add ribbon to the sleeves. I'm wearing my SkirtSports skirt and making a tutu with a sparkly layer on top to wear overt skirt.

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #2290
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoyz View Post
After searching websites high and low, I finally discovered the list of the Host Resorts for the 2013 PHM. It appears as though ALL the WDW Resorts are Host Resorts this year! I am behind the eight ball, as normally I would have had all my hotel and ADR made already. It's looking like OKW for my family!
Double check on OKW. The runDisney page has a list of the host resorts and it's all but OKW and SSR. Don't know why the 2 biggest DVC resorts got left out. (SSR is our home resortand I was looking forward to staying there) I know for marathon weekend people have walked from OKW to the corrals. You would skip the bag check and the staging area. Not sure I'd want to be walking in the dark on roads with no sidewalks and barely a shoulder. People on the marathon weekend thread have said something about going out through a cast member entrance/exit. I'm not that familiar with the resort so I have no idea where it is.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #2291
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
Thanks

Question for everyone and I'm sorry if it's already been asked-- Does RunDisney sell Princess 1/2 merch on the disneystore.com site and if so, when does it come out on the site?
Keep checking. Disneystore.com has stuff for marathon weekend for sale. No one seems to know if it is the same stuff they will have for sale at the expo. I'm sure the expo will have more. Maybe this year they will also do merchandise for the Princess.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 09-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #2292
MissBenilda
USAF Vet/Disney Dork

Finally officially registered today for the half marathon and race retreat! Cant wait to meet u guys there!

2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon
2014 Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 09-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #2293
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Does anyone else get the Runner's World Daily quotes for the day ?? I signed up for them online a couple of weeks ago and I finally read one tonight and I wanted to share.......

It's not so much that I began to run, but that I continued.

Hal Higdon, American runner and writer

I've got to start reading these every night Keep up the training Princesses
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #2294
rapunzel1212
Ready to Run

Smile

Just signed up for princess 1/2 marathon 2013 and race retreat. So excited!!! Will be running with a friend of mine. Can't wait!!!

Last edited by rapunzel1212; 09-20-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #2295
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post

You've GOT this!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! I'm hopeful!
Now I need to put together an Ariel outfit. I will *hopefully* be about 30-40 lbs lighter than I am right now (I'm on WW and obviously training for this race). I have no idea what size I'll be and though I'd love to run in a sports bra -- I'll need more of a tank top situation as I'm not sure if how I see myself will catch up with how I actually look by then. I'm thinking purple sports bra over a flesh colored tank-- but where to get a flesh colored tank? I feel like I've reached the end of Google! Any help out there?

[/img]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: