Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #2221
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Just looked at the list on the first post. WOW there are a lot of Princesses running! We should plan a meet up. This is such a fun weekend!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 09-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #2222
yulilin3
Disney Freak

I just registered for this one...bit of background: I've always wanted to do Disney races and thought I could never do this. You see I've been overweight since I was 11 years old (now 38) and didn't think my body could handle it. Last year I changed my lifestyle and eating habits for good in January of this year a group of DHS fans made a Team (Team Studios Central) to run and raise money for Give Kids the World and I just couldn't resist. I signed up for the Royal Family 5K and that was my first race. Next I registered for the Tower of Terror 10 miler and I'm happy to say that last night I did my dress rehearsal run, 10 miles at average pace of 14:35. As of today I've lost 30lbs and have only 25lbs to go. The Princess Half will be a full circle moment for me. If I can do this, seriously, anyone CAN (subscribing to this thread and have +100 pages to read)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #2223
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
I just registered for this one...bit of background: I've always wanted to do Disney races and thought I could never do this. You see I've been overweight since I was 11 years old (now 38) and didn't think my body could handle it. Last year I changed my lifestyle and eating habits for good in January of this year a group of DHS fans made a Team (Team Studios Central) to run and raise money for Give Kids the World and I just couldn't resist. I signed up for the Royal Family 5K and that was my first race. Next I registered for the Tower of Terror 10 miler and I'm happy to say that last night I did my dress rehearsal run, 10 miles at average pace of 14:35. As of today I've lost 30lbs and have only 25lbs to go. The Princess Half will be a full circle moment for me. If I can do this, seriously, anyone CAN (subscribing to this thread and have +100 pages to read)
Welcome !!!! Congrats on your accomplishments !!!!!!!!

Good luck on the ToT race. Keep us posted
Old 09-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #2224
Audilee821
Earning My Ears

I just signed up!!! Unfortunately, my dad won't be able to get us his discount for tickets, but that's ok. I.AM.GOING!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #2225
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
Great job! I love reading these inspirational stories - thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audilee821 View Post
I just signed up!!! Unfortunately, my dad won't be able to get us his discount for tickets, but that's ok. I.AM.GOING!!!
Good for you!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #2226
sau418
Mouseketeer

Had an awesome run today!! Longest run ever!! Did 7.2 miles in 1:35, crushed my goal of 1:45. My two mantras were "I'm running through the Castle" and "DLF>DNF>DNS."

Hope you all have great weekend runs!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #2227
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sau418 View Post
Had an awesome run today!! Longest run ever!! Did 7.2 miles in 1:35, crushed my goal of 1:45. My two mantras were "I'm running through the Castle" and "DLF>DNF>DNS."

Way to crush it!!!!!

Old 09-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #2228
cimrk01
Mouseketeer

When do they usually announce the theme/princess/medal design for the Princess Marathon?

Question:

I noticed after registering you are given a code that can be used to purchase Park Tickets. Me and my family will be heading to MK after the race. Basically we will only be needing a ticket for one day. After entering the code I was given a selection of dates for our party for the time that we will be staying on property. I tried entering our initial three days but noticed I was unable to get a ticket for one day. The park options started for Magic Your Way 2-Day Base Ticket . I then changed my dates for one day to see if that changed the options and still saw the park tickets drop down menu began for a Magic Your Way 2-Day Base Ticket. Do they not include discounts for a 1-Day Base Ticket for Florida residents competing in the race?

Last edited by cimrk01; 09-15-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #2229
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sau418 View Post

Way to go! That's great!
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Old 09-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #2230
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sau418

Yeah! Woohoo!!!! Way to go
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #2231
DrDani
Earning My Ears

Just registered! I've run other Disney races, but this is my first Princess! I can't wait!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #2232
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

I keep stalking this thread! I haven't registered yet, but keep watching how it is filling up too. I am running my first half marathon in about a month, and hoping my second will be the Princess Half. Hoping I can trade my timeshare into DVC, and keep thinking that if it comes up for the right week, it means I need to register! A year ago, I was 60 pounds heavier, and never in my LIFE did I ever think I would run a half marathon! But did 9 today, and think I just may make it to 13 in time for the Grand Rapids Half. Love seeing all the enthusiasm here, it's inspiring!!!
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #2233
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Ugh I had a terrible long run today. I got up to 6.2 miles two weeks ago and felt fine after the first one. I doubled my running intervals last weekend (and did a 20 mile bike ride the day before) and felt ok on the run but kind of sick after. This weekend, I skipped the bike ride and dropped the running intervals back to 2/2 and just had a rough time.

1. My toddler had a rough night, up repeatedly crying and taking hours to settle again and wanting to nurse all night. Teething? Gas? Getting sick? Who knows??

2. Because of that, we slept in and I didn't start my run until blose to 10am. It was in the mid 80's, humid and very sunny.

3. It was my second run in new shoes and socks.

4. My run Friday with the jogging stroller was kind of hard and then I took DS to an indoor gym/play center that involved lots of climbing up ropes after him and holding him up on gym equipment.

5. I tried orange sports beans. Disgusting!!! Ugh, they almost made me puke. There is no way I could eat a whole bag of those.

So, I ran out of steam around mile 3, stopped for water and the gross beans, pushed myself to run/walk another mile or so and then just trudged the last mile home. I know I go too fast on my long runs, but feeling this wrung out is not usual for me. I don't know what caused it, maybe all of the above. I'm thinking of taking a week off, maybe I'm burned out? It just seems strange for the same distance to be getting harder each week. I hope everyone else is having better long runs this weekend.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #2234
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyFunTimes View Post
So, I ran out of steam around mile 3, stopped for water and the gross beans, pushed myself to run/walk another mile or so and then just trudged the last mile home. I know I go too fast on my long runs, but feeling this wrung out is not usual for me. I don't know what caused it, maybe all of the above. I'm thinking of taking a week off, maybe I'm burned out? It just seems strange for the same distance to be getting harder each week. I hope everyone else is having better long runs this weekend.
Sometimes enough bad stuff conspires to just make it a bad day and the best you can do is chalk it up to that and not beat yourself up over it. I find that when I get in a slump, sometimes taking a few days off my routine brings me back with a vengence. I had 2 medical procedures in August and both involved some time on the PUP list. I was feeling crappy about my running the first time I got back out for a long run and only made it 7 miles because my knee tweaked out on me for no good reason. I was feeling bad until I did a 5K last week in the rain and very crowded course, I made it in 28:46 (which is good for me). I think the time off and frustration made me want it more.

I was due for 9.3 this morning but didn't go for a million reasons mainly related to my kids. I'm going tomorrow morning and determined to make it count! I think sometimes shaking it up makes it better.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #2235
jgive
Mouseketeer

I'm in for my first Princess Weekend. I will be entering the Family 5k Run since I am bringing my son. We will cheer on my sister at the half-marathon the next morning. I am excited?

Upcoming
2015: Glass Slipper Challenge!

2014-Cruised the Southern Caribbean on the Magic, Flower & Garden Festival, PHM 5K, WDW Marathon Weekend 10k; 2013-Villians Pin Event, D23 Expo, PHM 5k; 2011-F&G Festival; 2010-Wine & Dine Half-Marathon Relay; 2009-F&W Festival; 2008-WDW Half-marathon, F&W Festival,Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13k; 2007-WDW Half-Marathon
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: