Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #2206
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyFunTimes View Post
Me too! Maybe next year, I think Tangled was the theme the year after it came out (not the release year).
Booo! I am planning to run the Tink and W&D in 2014 so I'll miss it.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #2207
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappyFunTimes View Post
Me too! Maybe next year, I think Tangled was the theme the year after it came out (not the release year).
Correct. Tangled was released in 2010, yet it was the theme this year. I am a little surprised they didn't chose a princess for the theme next year. I think they've done Princess and the Frog, Beauty and the Beast and Tangled. There are still a number of princesses to use.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #2208
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead View Post
Correct. Tangled was released in 2010, yet it was the theme this year. I am a little surprised they didn't chose a princess for the theme next year. I think they've done Princess and the Frog, Beauty and the Beast and Tangled. There are still a number of princesses to use.
I am sorry if this has been said and I missed it, but what is the theme for the 2013 race? Is is not a princess?
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #2209
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
I understand what you're saying. Most people pass us up, not the other way around.

That's why he's on the fence. He's not going to first, he will most likely be toward the rear of the pack, but he won't be last. Think 14 minute miles as a rule - even on our good days without injuries. Since he won't be a 16 minute miler, and may be within 5 to 10 minutes of me - either in front of me or behind me since we find it difficult to pace exactly the same (his strides are longer and we take varying walk breaks), will that be misconstrued in any way?

At the Disneyland 1/2, there were a few guys who were very vocal passing up people during the first mile about how they "really weren't placed in the right corral". I mean, was it necessary to say that? So many people are out there just trying. Do they need their face rubbed in it that they weren't going fast enough for these guys?

ETA: Thank you for the responses so far. I appreciate the honesty.
Hubby and I will be doing the half marathon together and both are about a 14 min mil so we will be right there along with you both! If I hear anybody say snide things at the princess half...I just might lose my tiara and say something back or hmmmm maybe trip them ? (Did I really say that!? ) From what I have read on the thread (been amazing!) I would say this is probably not the race you want to do if you are trying to get a good time to qualify for say the Boston or New York Marathon. I am dong this one as my very, very, very first any kind of running/walking event as everyone in the past has said what FUN it is.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #2210
Gryhndmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audilee821 View Post
Hey everybody! I'm new to the board (but an avid Disney fan). So I have a situation that I need advice on. I have been planning to run the princess and have talked about it to my husband since this past February. All of a sudden, my husband does not want me to go. His reasoning is he does not want to watch the kids for a whole week and he says money is tight. However, I have my dad's timeshare, free airfare, and discount park tickets through the military. Essentially, the trip will cost me around $500 for the week (a group of us are going as a girls trip). How do I put it to him that this is extremely important for me to run this? Thanks everyone.
Sorry this has taken me soo long to reply! I am guessing either you or hubby are military since you mentioned the park tickets with a military discount. As a daughter and spouse of a military member this is what I would say (and have said especially to my spouse! ) " I have given and attended countless hail and farewells, change of commands (yours and others), retirement ceremonies, played bunko, attended numerous Air Force Balls, taken care of the house during your too numerous to count deployments all while trying to have my own career and keep a smile on my face since that is what is expected of a military wife! I want to do this (fill in the blank) since it is important to me and as many times over the years that I have supported you, the least you can do is say okay and have fun!"

This can be used by any princess as I have many, many friends who are not military but have also moved, held parties etc. to help further their spouses career.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #2211
Gryhndmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
My 3 DD's (8, 10 & 10) and I are doing Run for the Fund. Where is the Wurst? I am still debating the Rock & Roll 1/2 the following weekend. Are you doing that one?
I sent you a private message with some race information for our area. Not planning on doing the rock & roll as I just started training in May after never, ever,ever been a runner and at 45 doing the PHM for the first time, I am leery of trying to much too fast!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #2212
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I am sorry if this has been said and I missed it, but what is the theme for the 2013 race? Is is not a princess?
It's the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Royal 5K.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 09-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #2213
CrystalCastle
Mouseketeer

Super excited to be doing the Princess 1/2 for the very first time in 2013. I've hit all of runDisney's other big races expect for this one. So what better time than the 5 year anniversary!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #2214
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead View Post
It's the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Royal 5K.
thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #2215
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Did I miss it?

I'm sorry if I missed it but who is the Princess for the half marathon 2013?
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
Old 09-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #2216
Audilee821
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

Sorry this has taken me soo long to reply! I am guessing either you or hubby are military since you mentioned the park tickets with a military discount. As a daughter and spouse of a military member this is what I would say (and have said especially to my spouse! ) " I have given and attended countless hail and farewells, change of commands (yours and others), retirement ceremonies, played bunko, attended numerous Air Force Balls, taken care of the house during your too numerous to count deployments all while trying to have my own career and keep a smile on my face since that is what is expected of a military wife! I want to do this (fill in the blank) since it is important to me and as many times over the years that I have supported you, the least you can do is say okay and have fun!"

This can be used by any princess as I have many, many friends who are not military but have also moved, held parties etc. to help further their spouses career.
My dad is actually retired Army, and will be down there for a few days that week. My husband is a general manager/ head golf pro at our local golf course, so he's always doing something with "the guys". I always have to rearrange my schedule last minute for his things and spend every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night and all day Saturday with our girls while he "works". I work full time too and I need a BREAK! I pretty much decided that I'm signing up an he can just deal with the kids. As long as they are alive and in one piece when I get back. Thanks for the advice!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #2217
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
I'm sorry if I missed it but who is the Princess for the half marathon 2013?
This is the big mystery. Hopefully they will unveil the anniversary medal and then we will know. There's been some speculation of it being Jasmine since the "save the date" card that they had at the expo last year was a geenie's lamp and some ads have had Aladin related stuff in it.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 09-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #2218
rani8600
Mouseketeer

Its official, the princess half is over 50 percent full

A Fall Trip full of firsts, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Oct 2011
13.1 Royal Miles-2013 Princess Half Marathon

VeganRamblings my blog - includes additional trip reports
Old 09-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #2219
Audilee821
Earning My Ears

Quick question, does anyone know the discount ticket prices for running the half?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #2220
mhowens
Earning My Ears

Registered!!!

Add me to the list please

Registered for the Princess Half today!! Booked room at POFQ. Girls weekend with two friends.

We all ran the Wine & Dine Half in October 2011 but this will be our first Princess and our first time staying on property. Can't wait to experience this race with all of you!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: