Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #2191
scrapAM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Do we get the gift if we had to book through regular Disney Travel? I needed a 2 BDRM villa and runDisney couldn't book it for me so I had to book through the regular people.
Yes I am pretty sure that you need to book through the disnysports line to get this gift. You also have to have a minimun 4 night stay. The rolling duffle does sound nice, but I think we will stay with what we booked.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #2192
semejorado
Earning My Ears

My husband decided to run the princess with me as a way for us to become healthier as a couple. He just signed up a week ago and he's been jogging with me since.

So excited!

But I have a question, are any of you ladies also getting the dining plan option with your vacation package? I'm on the fence with it.

And.... I'm wondering if my husband and I should have dinner at CRT. We've had lunch there this past summer and don't know if it's worth it for our celebration dinner ( he's not too big into characters) but completing this half is a momentous occasion!

Help!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #2193
scrapAM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by semejorado View Post
My husband decided to run the princess with me as a way for us to become healthier as a couple. He just signed up a week ago and he's been jogging with me since.

So excited!

But I have a question, are any of you ladies also getting the dining plan option with your vacation package? I'm on the fence with it.

And.... I'm wondering if my husband and I should have dinner at CRT. We've had lunch there this past summer and don't know if it's worth it for our celebration dinner ( he's not too big into characters) but completing this half is a momentous occasion!

Help!
We ate at CRT last year the evening of the race and it was awesome. We couldn't enjoy an adult beverage there but we were probably too tired to have that anyway by then! LOL! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect for such an occasion. Our server was great, he was so funny and made it a great time. We got the pics done and loved every minute!!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #2194
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
I understand what you're saying. Most people pass us up, not the other way around.

That's why he's on the fence. He's not going to first, he will most likely be toward the rear of the pack, but he won't be last. Think 14 minute miles as a rule - even on our good days without injuries. Since he won't be a 16 minute miler, and may be within 5 to 10 minutes of me - either in front of me or behind me since we find it difficult to pace exactly the same (his strides are longer and we take varying walk breaks), will that be misconstrued in any way?

At the Disneyland 1/2, there were a few guys who were very vocal passing up people during the first mile about how they "really weren't placed in the right corral". I mean, was it necessary to say that? So many people are out there just trying. Do they need their face rubbed in it that they weren't going fast enough for these guys?

ETA: Thank you for the responses so far. I appreciate the honesty.
honestly! what a bunch of turds! I would have thought the same thing "great, you're faster, wonderful...can't you just pass silently??" I just don't understand some people!

I remember a pack of men that whizzed by me at Tinker Bell...same thing there, men could not win or start in the first, and maybe even the second, corrals. They didn't actually say anything to anyone though...just flew on by! Which, hey, I get it...you trained and you want to run the best race you can no matter what corral you're in...just be nice! Comments aren't necessary...unless it's "excuse me!" or "lookin' good ladies!!"

I hope he decides to register! I'm sure he'll have a blast!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #2195
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
honestly! what a bunch of turds! I would have thought the same thing "great, you're faster, wonderful...can't you just pass silently??" I just don't understand some people!

I remember a pack of men that whizzed by me at Tinker Bell...same thing there, men could not win or start in the first, and maybe even the second, corrals. They didn't actually say anything to anyone though...just flew on by! Which, hey, I get it...you trained and you want to run the best race you can no matter what corral you're in...just be nice! Comments aren't necessary...unless it's "excuse me!" or "lookin' good ladies!!"

I hope he decides to register! I'm sure he'll have a blast!
It made me mad and sad for those that may have taken it to heart. What I found amusing is that I thought I was running a pretty darn good first mile! So while it was fast for me, I was obviously one of the ones slowing them down as they were weaving in and out.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #2196
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
It made me mad and sad for those that may have taken it to heart. What I found amusing is that I thought I was running a pretty darn good first mile! So while it was fast for me, I was obviously one of the ones slowing them down as they were weaving in and out.

Thanks for the encouragement.
When people do that, this quote crosses my mind:

"Very good, Kronk! Here. Get the snack."

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #2197
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Well, we just registered my hubby yesterday. He certainly isn't a speed demon and will most certainly not be passing very many people. He started running after seeing how much I loved racing. For him, this race is about accomplishing his goal of running a half, supporting me in my goal, and enjoying the experience together.

We haven't really figured out the logistics of our run--I run faster and will almost certainly be starting in a higher corral, but I'm also planning on stopping for as many pictures as I can. So, we are hoping to meet up maybe at the castle for a picture and then again to cross the finish line together.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #2198
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

My husband has run in the past two Princess Half races. He ran one with our older daughter and one with our younger daughter. He had a wonderful time and did not hear any negative comments.

He was more frustrated three years ago when our daughters and I ran the Princess and he was a "just" a spectator...he couldn't stand not running with us!

Trip #33...December 2014 at POFQ...Holiday decorations trip!

Trip #34...February 2015...our 6th Princess Half Marathon...doing the Glass Slipper challenge!

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #2199
Lauraldawn
Earning My Ears

Quote:

So excited!

Help!
Sooooo doing the dining plan!! It's my husband's determining reason for staying on property, and it's such a load off not worrying about figuring out eating etc.
We're not doing CRT for a celebration dinner. I can see why it would be perfect. For us, I know it will be a really long day (for all of us) and I can totally see us cancelling our dinner plans or changing the time. If it was my husband and I, I'd totally go for it. But, my kids are crazy unpredictable.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #2200
semejorado
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraldawn

Sooooo doing the dining plan!! It's my husband's determining reason for staying on property, and it's such a load off not worrying about figuring out eating etc.
We're not doing CRT for a celebration dinner. I can see why it would be perfect. For us, I know it will be a really long day (for all of us) and I can totally see us cancelling our dinner plans or changing the time. If it was my husband and I, I'd totally go for it. But, my kids are crazy unpredictable.
Thanks!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #2201
semejorado
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapAM

We ate at CRT last year the evening of the race and it was awesome. We couldn't enjoy an adult beverage there but we were probably too tired to have that anyway by then! LOL! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect for such an occasion. Our server was great, he was so funny and made it a great time. We got the pics done and loved every minute!!
The more I think about it I need to reserve CRT, thanks!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #2202
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The more I think about it I need to reserve CRT, thanks!
We're having a race celebratory lunch there on Monday after the race. Can't wait.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #2203
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Am I the only one disappointed that the 5K is Mickey and Minnie? I'm not running it (DH is) but I was so hoping for Brave!

Old 09-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #2204
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Quote:
Am I the only one disappointed that the 5K is Mickey and Minnie? I'm not running it (DH is) but I was so hoping for Brave!
Me too! Maybe next year, I think Tangled was the theme the year after it came out (not the release year).
Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #2205
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It was actually a (tiny) factor in our decision not to bring the kids. My older daughter really wanted to run the "princess race" and was going to attempt the 5K. But, since it wasn't princess themed....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: