Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #2026
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I know and totally agree with you !!!! I never get the non-existant goody bag unless someone else (online) gives me the link !!! I've confirmed my email address with RunDisney over and over and I never even get the final race instructions. But I sign up year after year and spend the $$ for the race not to mention all the $$ spent on merchandise. I just hooked and keep coming back for more !!
I have that problem too...but just on and off...and with the same email address. It's bizarre. I got everything up until Tinker Bell...didn't get any of those emails after the registration confirmation from Active, then received everything for the EEC, and have now not received anything that's been sent out for ToT, again other than the registration confirmation from Active. All with the same email address...and the REAL kicker is I'm a Disney employee and I use my work email for this!!! How are these not getting through to me?? (Although, my BF is an employee as well, and he's received all of the ToT correspondence...it just doesn't make any sense.)

Old 08-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #2027
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
it's possible they are going to start and maybe PHM is the first, who knows...but I would REALLY hope if they are going to offer men's specific now that they start offering women's specific. I've always mentioned that on any race survey I've received too, so maybe others did too and they are changing that. I don't think it's too much to ask for with the price we're paying for these races (and now the non-existant "goody" bags)! I mean, for $150 I want a shirt I can actually wear! Oh well, I'll still keep visiting the merchandise booth and shelling it out there...which I'm sure I would even if I got a race shirt that fit It's just the principle!
I too sent in an email to runDisney about the crap goody bag , tshirt and necklace. Really year after year a see threw white tshirt for $150
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #2028
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Princess Park Tickets

I think someone posted this already but please forgive me for asking again

How much is a 4 day PH when you buy it with runDisney?

I got to WDW with my family in 15 days!!

I was thinking of upgrading to AP to cover me for the princess.

Does anyone know the cost?

Thanks for your help..

180 day til race day
Old 08-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #2029
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I too sent in an email to runDisney about the crap goody bag , tshirt and necklace. Really year after year a see threw white tshirt for $150
This is a major reason why I'm disappointed with the Disney prices. The half I'm doing in December was $85 for early registration, and two shirts are offered in that price: a unisex long sleeve tee and then a tech finisher's shirt, and they specifically asked during registration whether I wanted the tech tee to be unisex or women's cut. No idea what the goody bag will be, but I found it fascinating that with a lower price, I get 2 shirts, plus the medal

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #2030
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead View Post
This is a major reason why I'm disappointed with the Disney prices. The half I'm doing in December was $85 for early registration, and two shirts are offered in that price: a unisex long sleeve tee and then a tech finisher's shirt, and they specifically asked during registration whether I wanted the tech tee to be unisex or women's cut. No idea what the goody bag will be, but I found it fascinating that with a lower price, I get 2 shirts, plus the medal
Not only that, in the last years the prices of all the races have gone up every year and the shirt quality has really gone down...I remember my BF's shirt for his first DL half and WDW half a few years ago was a really nice material...the 2011 Princess was a decent material as well (and we got a cute mesh back pack too!!!)...but every one I've done since then, the material has been super-cheap and just not good quality...still coming from Champion, but definitely lower quality...not something I would want to run or workout in for sure.

I'm sure I'll keep doing these races, because I really do have a good time and I love going to Disney anyway, but when prices go up and what you get for it goes the other way, it really is disappointing. On the other hand...the medals are SPECTACULAR and don't hold a candle to anything else I've ever seen!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #2031
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I have seen quite a few ladies who are doing both the TOT run and the Princess.

Just curious on how you train for the Princess. I will be up to about 12 miles next week and don't see myself starting all over again at 3 miles after the TOT run. Not sure what type of program to follow, any recommendations?

I am aiming to just finish the TOT but would like to get a bit faster/stonger for the Princess. Maybe some speedwork/hills since this for the TOT I really just focused on finishing my runs and not pushing it.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #2032
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not only that, in the last years the prices of all the races have gone up every year and the shirt quality has really gone down...I remember my BF's shirt for his first DL half and WDW half a few years ago was a really nice material...the 2011 Princess was a decent material as well (and we got a cute mesh back pack too!!!)...but every one I've done since then, the material has been super-cheap and just not good quality...still coming from Champion, but definitely lower quality...not something I would want to run or workout in for sure.

I'm sure I'll keep doing these races, because I really do have a good time and I love going to Disney anyway, but when prices go up and what you get for it goes the other way, it really is disappointing. On the other hand...the medals are SPECTACULAR and don't hold a candle to anything else I've ever seen!
I loved that mesh bag.. lets hope they do something major for the 5th anniversary.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #2033
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I have seen quite a few ladies who are doing both the TOT run and the Princess.

Just curious on how you train for the Princess. I will be up to about 12 miles next week and don't see myself starting all over again at 3 miles after the TOT run. Not sure what type of program to follow, any recommendations?

I am aiming to just finish the TOT but would like to get a bit faster/stonger for the Princess. Maybe some speedwork/hills since this for the TOT I really just focused on finishing my runs and not pushing it.

Thanks for any advice.
I would like to see answers on this too. I have a half at the end of Oct, I think I am going to go down to 5 or 6 miles and stay there for a while then build back up again, I won't go all the way back down to 3. Hill work is always a good idea.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #2034
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I loved the mesh bags and was very sad they didn't give them out in 2012.

I don't care about goodies in my bag- if it's just coupons and stuff, sending it online works for me. But I did LOVE the bag (use it for my DD swim gear!) The shirts--- come on--- who makes all these ladies wear WHITE?!

Purple, light green, blue, pink, yellow... there are so many options. I really hope this year is something other than white. I never wear mine in public because they are took revealing when I get sweaty.

I'll pay $150 for the race, environment, medal... but I would REALLY like the shirt OR the bag to be usable. I'm not that picky. Either one- but when both sucked (last year) it was a big let down.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #2035
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

I don't care about goodies in my bag- if it's just coupons and stuff, sending it online works for me. But I did LOVE the bag (use it for my DD swim gear!) The shirts--- come on--- who makes all these ladies wear WHITE?!

Purple, light green, blue, pink, yellow... there are so many options. I really hope this year is something other than white. I never wear mine in public because they are took revealing when I get sweaty.

I'll pay $150 for the race, environment, medal... but I would REALLY like the shirt OR the bag to be usable. I'm not that picky. Either one- but when both sucked (last year) it was a big let down.
I totally argee.. I use mine for DD soccer stuff
Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #2036
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:

This was my first Disney race, so I don't have any past shirts to compare too. I know a lot of the past half and full long sleeves were right, and I always worried about stains, sweat and otherwise. I love the tech tee from this year because it's great for the heat, but I've worried about getting it dirty.

I love the Princess medal, but I saw what the Austin medals were this year, and I hope they keep it the same design for when I get around to signing up for 2014. It even had the bats under the Congress Avenue bridge

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 08-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #2037
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

Did you do Tinker Bell this year? That shirt was white too...but with this crappy new material they are using now...and it was more see-through than the PHM shirt I got in 2011....such poor quality. I wore it the day we went home, but I had to wear a tank under it because of the sheerness to it...haven't put it on since. They've released the t-shirt design for 2013 TinkerBell and it was shown in a way to make it look as though the background is light green...I'm REALLY hoping that means that's the color of the shirt, but it won't surprise me if it's white again. I'm really hopeful things will change...they have a new website design...they've finally re-designed the way the medals hang from the lanyard for all (I think) of the races...upgraded tech shirts HAVE to be next on the list, right?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #2038
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you do Tinker Bell this year? That shirt was white too...but with this crappy new material they are using now...and it was more see-through than the PHM shirt I got in 2011....such poor quality. I wore it the day we went home, but I had to wear a tank under it because of the sheerness to it...haven't put it on since. They've released the t-shirt design for 2013 TinkerBell and it was shown in a way to make it look as though the background is light green...I'm REALLY hoping that means that's the color of the shirt, but it won't surprise me if it's white again. I'm really hopeful things will change...they have a new website design...they've finally re-designed the way the medals hang from the lanyard for all (I think) of the races...upgraded tech shirts HAVE to be next on the list, right?
I hope so!!!!

I didn't do Tink last year- doing it this year though! I heard that about the shirts and that was my first question when they were putting out the design for votes--- will it be on a GREEN shirt? Please, PLEASE Disney, do a color!!!

We should all email and beg for colored shirts and bags.

Hell, I'd pay $10 at the expo for a mesh bag. Yes, an additional $10. They could make money on me.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #2039
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have that problem too...but just on and off...and with the same email address. It's bizarre. I got everything up until Tinker Bell...didn't get any of those emails after the registration confirmation from Active, then received everything for the EEC, and have now not received anything that's been sent out for ToT, again other than the registration confirmation from Active. All with the same email address...and the REAL kicker is I'm a Disney employee and I use my work email for this!!! How are these not getting through to me?? (Although, my BF is an employee as well, and he's received all of the ToT correspondence...it just doesn't make any sense.)
Even using your work email and still not getting through-- Something is wrong---it's Disney they can get this right !!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #2040
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Although there was no goodie bag this year, I thought all the free stuff at the expo was better. My DD and I went on Friday and there were very few people and we got free rice, pencils, yogurt and so other stuff. We didn't buy anything so if the expo is fun, I can do with the goodie bag full of coupons.
The shirt is a whole another issue...size, quality, being told the sizes were mismarked. I have four Princess shirts and the first one fits the best..the pink one and then the last two years are almost identical.

On another note, I have posted this video in the past, but we have a lot of new runners so I'll post it again. My DD daughter put it together and it is actually of the whole weekend not just the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQv_8...ature=youtu.be

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: