Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #1681
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Has anyone booked AOA through RunDisney for Feb? Just curious as to how much of a discount they take off? Rack rate is 169 for the night I am looking at (staying at BLT the rest of the week). Anyone have any luck with getting the AAA discount that week?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #1682
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Has anyone got their park tickets with RunDisney?
I am wondering the cost. Trying to way out get AP vs the 4day PH with RunDisney

TIA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #1683
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

If this has been discussed already - sorry. I just found the thread a couple of days ago and haven't been able to read through it.

I thought it was interesting that all the disney resorts were listed as host resorts so I called rundisney to ask about it. I was told that the race had gotten so big that they have to use all the resorts as hosts.

I was confused though because I was told that if I didn't book through rundisney that I would not be guaranteed transportation. (I have an AP and want to use that discount to book a room.) The agent told me they were considering using vouchers or something that you get at check-in that would give you access to transportation.

Has anyone else heard this?

Merci

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 08-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #1684
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Has anyone got their park tickets with RunDisney?
I am wondering the cost. Trying to way out get AP vs the 4day PH with RunDisney

TIA
I didn't buy mine yet, but I plan on getting the 4-day hopper and I wrote down the price of being $226.85 through RunDisney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Has anyone booked AOA through RunDisney for Feb? Just curious as to how much of a discount they take off? Rack rate is 169 for the night I am looking at (staying at BLT the rest of the week). Anyone have any luck with getting the AAA discount that week?
I got a better rate calling the regular Disney reservation line and getting a AAA discount than what RunDisney was offering. Thanks to another Princess (Longhorns2 ) who mentioned AAA, otherwise, I never would have thought of it. I have a reservation at AoA for the Little Mermaid room, and saved a little over $80 overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Yay!!! Glad you decided to do it!!

Amy (DeerIsle) are you doing it, or did you decide not too since you are doing the DL 1/2? Any other NH/ME/MA area princesses interested in joining us?
Looks like there's a handful of us doing the Rockfest. Yay!! After slacking almost the whole month of July, I finally managed to get two runs in this week. Now if the rain will hold out a little this weekend, I plan on doing 7-9 miles. The distance will depend on how I feel and then next weekend, I'll just go from the mileage I did this weekend.

Holly
Old 08-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #1685
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post
I didn't buy mine yet, but I plan on getting the 4-day hopper and I wrote down the price of being $226.85 through RunDisney.

Holly
Thanks, I think my AP upgrade will be $219 plus tax.. it may be worth it to upgrade
Old 08-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #1686
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily
If this has been discussed already - sorry. I just found the thread a couple of days ago and haven't been able to read through it.

I thought it was interesting that all the disney resorts were listed as host resorts so I called rundisney to ask about it. I was told that the race had gotten so big that they have to use all the resorts as hosts.

I was confused though because I was told that if I didn't book through rundisney that I would not be guaranteed transportation. (I have an AP and want to use that discount to book a room.) The agent told me they were considering using vouchers or something that you get at check-in that would give you access to transportation.

Merci
I haven't heard that! I sure hope that's not the case- ill watch the marathoners for clues. They have had transpo from all resorts for years so I would be surprised if they were trying to force you through rundisney.

I also got AAA discounts through regular Disney line at AoA. It was 10% off when I last checked. It could change to more so it's something to call and ask

And AP: I bought mine last year for hotel discounts. I was able to get 30% off a mod and it will still be good for this years princess. Since I was going 2xs on the same pass for 10 days total, and got a big room discount, it saved me money. Watching for room discounts again (hoping!). Plus merchandise and dining discounts, it saved me a bit by going AP. if you will only do one trip to wdw, or they don't offer room discounts, then it may not be the best option.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #1687
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post

Merci
I really hope that's not the case! I'm planning on getting an AP when we go this Oct, and I was hoping to use it for a room discount for both trips.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #1688
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I really hope that's not the case! I'm planning on getting an AP when we go this Oct, and I was hoping to use it for a room discount for both trips.
I find it that unlikely that there wouldn't be transport for those who don't use Run Disney for their rooms. We are DVC and are staying at the BCV on points. The website says that there is transport for all host hotels as a perk of doing the race. It doesn't say that you have to book through them. Just my two cents....
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
Old 08-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #1689
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw View Post
I find it that unlikely that there wouldn't be transport for those who don't use Run Disney for their rooms. We are DVC and are staying at the BCV on points. The website says that there is transport for all host hotels as a perk of doing the race. It doesn't say that you have to book through them. Just my two cents....
That is what I said to the CM that I talked to but she said they were doing it for the marathon weekend and probably the princess. I hope not!!

Merci

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 08-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #1690
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

For $140 for a half marathon they better be offering transportation from on site hotels! I realize you get on course entertainment and an awesome medal but still, Disney commands premium prices for their races and need to offer something in return. I would be happy to book through runDisney if they would offer a discount! Heck, in some cases they don't even match rack rates! Last time I checked AoA & Pop were higher through runDisney then full price rack rate!

WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14**Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #1691
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

[QUOTE=VickiHD;45663077]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post

Yay! My adored dad died from complications of esophegeal and lung cancers, so I always strongly applaud anyone who has the strength to kick the addiction!

Jelly beans are for your "fuel". People use various things to give them energy during the race - gels, chews, "sport beans" which are jelly bellies, basically and some people just use plain old jelly beans of gummy bears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Congrats on quiting smoking and becoming a healthier you!!

When you get up into the longer runs it's a good idea to use some fuel on the run. There are lots of things out there. Jelly Belly makes sports beans that are jelly beans with some extras as far as energy and electrolytes. Some people like Honey Stingers, Gu, Cliff shots, Cliff Blocks. All do basically the same thing but in a different form. I've used Gu and Cliff shots which are flavored gels. They are about the consistency of cake icing. The thing to do is find what works for you and your stomach. HTH.
Thanks that makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post
Congrats on the quitting! Your post made me realize that this February will be my 6th year anniversary of quitting!

I am probably going to be racing as Ursula, so you better watch out for me, hehehehehe
Yay for 6 years! I find it hard to believe I a almost at 5 years

I love Ursula!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 08-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #1692
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post

When I was doing my research I found that the AAA discount was a better price than through rundisney. It was a 10 % savings on our room at the CBR. Hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #1693
mana'olana
Mouseketeer

I am kind of glad to hear I am not the only one who stopped losing weight. I lost 45lbs by running 2-3x a week and not watching what I eat. Started running the half marathon Program, watching what I eat and gained back 20 lbs of the weight I lost! I am eating less then I was a year ago and what I eat is healthier. Ugh! The personal trainer at my gym said to increase my food, I do that and more weight comes on. So frustrated! I tell people I am training for a half and they give me this, "yeah right" look. I ran 6 miles this morning but no one believes me because I don't look thin and bone skinny like most runners. I run 4x a week like the program says to, rock cling 2x a week and try to swim or walk days I don't run. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oct '97 ASM Honeymoon Dec '05 AKL Baby Girl's 1st Trip Sep '06 Poly Concierge Aug '07 Contemporary Pirate & Princess Party Oct '09 POR July '12 Beach Club Mar '13 CBR Mar '14 Cruisin'
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #1694
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mana'olana
I am kind of glad to hear I am not the only one who stopped losing weight. I lost 45lbs by running 2-3x a week and not watching what I eat. Started running the half marathon Program, watching what I eat and gained back 20 lbs of the weight I lost! I am eating less then I was a year ago and what I eat is healthier. Ugh! The personal trainer at my gym said to increase my food, I do that and more weight comes on. So frustrated! I tell people I am training for a half and they give me this, "yeah right" look. I ran 6 miles this morning but no one believes me because I don't look thin and bone skinny like most runners. I run 4x a week like the program says to, rock cling 2x a week and try to swim or walk days I don't run. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
It can be hard to lose weight while exercising so much. I too initially lost weight through running but found the pounds coming back on. Problem is, expending so much energy makes you hungry. You may not think you are eating more calories but most likely you are. The only way I've found to benefit from my hard work is to track everything I eat. Energy in = energy out.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #1695
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I also have a hard time losing weight while training. Have you tried adding in strength training? Plus tracking food in and out to make sure you aren't eating too much OR too little. Both can be an issue

My friend loses more weight when she exercises less. You could also scale back to just the training for the half.

I am also in the "no way she's a runner" category by looks. My weight has clung since my last baby a year ago. Off weight off!!!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: