Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #91
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Well, it looks like I need to do some homework. I have continued checking the ADR situation at Le Cellier and I've found that I can get a lunch on the day and approximate time that I wanted. But only if I book a CP package. I'm trying to do my research on the CP package and decide if it is "for us" or not. We hadn't planned to see the CP because DD and DS would likely not be too interested in sitting quietly for that long. And I'm sure BiL would rather be drinking around the world that evening. I guess we have to decide what our priorities are going to be.

Fortunately, it looks like there will be some news coming out tomorrow about Be Our Guest, so hopefully I don't get snuck up on like I did with Le Cellier. Thank you very much, Amanda for pointing this information out to me!

Secondly, this is completely off topic, but we have DS' Halloween costume already. Some may already have a pretty good idea of what it is , but maybe not. Anyway, here's a little hint:

Last night I was rocking DD while DS was getting ready to go to bed. He came into the bedroom wearing something that he refused to let us put on his head at Disney World last year, so maybe there's some hope that we can get him to play along this time.

That's all I've got for now... not much of an update, but it's something anyway. If anybody has actually done a CP Dining Package in the past and has any good suggestions/comments or feels like we should definitely just forget about it, I'm open to any information. Otherwise, I guess it's time to head over to the strategy board and see what kind of ugly fights are going on over there this week.

Last edited by afwdwfan; 06-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #92
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Hmm, is he going to be a pirate?

His jammies are cute! We got those same ones for Paxton, but he doesn't quite fit in them yet. He also just started becoming interested in wearing Mickey ears so maybe like you I have hope of him wearing them next trip!

I really liked the CP Package when we did it a couple of years ago because we didn't have to wait in line nearly as long as the people in standby. However, if you're not sure about seeing the show (which I can totally understand, I wouldn't want to do it with DS at this age either), you are probably better off waiting to see if you can get a lunch there without the package because the package is VERY expensive compared to what you would actually pay OOP for that meal. At least, it definitely was when we priced it out in '09.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #93
amandaw
DIS Veteran

You're very welcome! If I see any of the info released tomorrow, I'll pop over here as well. I just hope it's finally real information, instead of the obscure announcements they sometimes make.

I'm going to guess that the Halloween costume is Jake.

Love his jammies! He's so cute in them wearing his Mickey ears.

I've never done the CP so I'm no help there. Sorry!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #94
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Well, it looks like I need to do some homework. I have continued checking the ADR situation at Le Cellier and I've found that I can get a lunch on the day and approximate time that I wanted. But only if I book a CP package. I'm trying to do my research on the CP package and decide if it is "for us" or not. We hadn't planned to see the CP because DD and DS would likely not be too interested in sitting quietly for that long. And I'm sure BiL would rather be drinking around the world that evening. I guess we have to decide what our priorities are going to be.
I know nothing about the CP package, so as usual, I'm no help whatsoever.

Hope you get into Be Our Guest, though. Definitely interested to see what that's like.

Quote:
Secondly, this is completely off topic, but we have DS' Halloween costume already. Some may already have a pretty good idea of what it is , but maybe not. Anyway, here's a little hint:
Jake sounds like a good guess. The colors made me think of The Incredibles, though.

Quote:
Last night I was rocking DD while DS was getting ready to go to bed. He came into the bedroom wearing something that he refused to let us put on his head at Disney World last year, so maybe there's some hope that we can get him to play along this time.

Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #95
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

So sorry you're having trouble with the LeCell ressie. What a headache. Seems as thought they'd have ADRs available for all the restaurants if they want you making them at 180 days.

Good luck getting a BoG ressie! I think a lot of people are eager watching the blog today! I know I am, and I don't even have a trip planned!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #96
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Well, the blog update about Be Our Guest is out. It looks like they will start taking reservations around the end of August. They still don't have an opening date posted though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Hmm, is he going to be a pirate?
Maybe

Quote:
His jammies are cute! We got those same ones for Paxton, but he doesn't quite fit in them yet. He also just started becoming interested in wearing Mickey ears so maybe like you I have hope of him wearing them next trip!
It would be nice to at least have him tolerate them long enough for a good picture somewhere.

Quote:
I really liked the CP Package when we did it a couple of years ago because we didn't have to wait in line nearly as long as the people in standby. However, if you're not sure about seeing the show (which I can totally understand, I wouldn't want to do it with DS at this age either), you are probably better off waiting to see if you can get a lunch there without the package because the package is VERY expensive compared to what you would actually pay OOP for that meal. At least, it definitely was when we priced it out in '09.
Thanks for the input. I know it costs a lot more, and quite honestly, that's why we want to eat lunch there. I just can't justify paying that much more for a slightly larger portion for dinner.

The only reason I'm even thinking about the CP package is because my mom expressed some interest in it at one point, but we just don't know if it will work for the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
You're very welcome! If I see any of the info released tomorrow, I'll pop over here as well. I just hope it's finally real information, instead of the obscure announcements they sometimes make.
I saw it... I would call this one moderately obscure.

Quote:
I'm going to guess that the Halloween costume is Jake.
Possibly, but that's as detailed as the picture is getting for now.

Quote:
Love his jammies! He's so cute in them wearing his Mickey ears.
Thanks

Quote:
I've never done the CP so I'm no help there. Sorry!
That's ok, you've helped plenty already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I know nothing about the CP package, so as usual, I'm no help whatsoever.
That's ok, I'll forgive you this time.

Quote:
Hope you get into Be Our Guest, though. Definitely interested to see what that's like.
Me too... I'm hoping to get a chance to try both the dinner menu and get a QS lunch there at some point too. I mean, I wouldn't want to just see one of the dining rooms.

Quote:
Jake sounds like a good guess. The colors made me think of The Incredibles, though.
Hmmm.. intersting thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
So sorry you're having trouble with the LeCell ressie. What a headache. Seems as thought they'd have ADRs available for all the restaurants if they want you making them at 180 days.
I know... I'm not a big fan of having to have our days planned 180 days out to begin with, but then when they do something like that it just doubles the frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Good luck getting a BoG ressie! I think a lot of people are eager watching the blog today! I know I am, and I don't even have a trip planned!
Thanks! I know there will be a lot of interest in that. I actually read a rumor posted somewhere that said they would start taking reservations today. I'm sure it just came from someone reading yesterday's post and misunderstanding what it said, but you better believe I was online at 6 am checking the reservation site, just to be sure.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #97
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw it... I would call this one moderately obscure.
I was coming over to make sure you had seen the blog. I agree....moderately obscure. At least it's more than what they've been saying. The menu does look good though. Even the CS lunch menu has some nice options.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #98
amandaw
DIS Veteran

This got posted on the DIS today:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Pa...restaurant.htm

Don't know if it's 100% accurate or not, but it states that you can start making ADRs for Be Our Guest on August 4th.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #99
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
This got posted on the DIS today:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Pa...restaurant.htm

Don't know if it's 100% accurate or not, but it states that you can start making ADRs for Be Our Guest on August 4th.
Interesting... I guess I've never really thought of "late August" as being August 4th though. It would be nice if Disney could just quit being so secretive about everything and give us an actual date that comes straight from them.

Thanks for the info, I didn't see that.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #100
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Interesting... I guess I've never really thought of "late August" as being August 4th though. It would be nice if Disney could just quit being so secretive about everything and give us an actual date that comes straight from them.
That was my thought exactly. I don't know if that is very accurate but thought I would share anyway. It would be so much easier if Disney would just start releasing dates so everyone could stop guessing, wishing & hoping.

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I didn't see that.
No problem! I hope it's right!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #101
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I've never done the CP either, or eaten at Le Cellier for that matter, so once again I'm no help.

I'm hoping that it all works out for you though, so you have that going for you.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #102
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="Green"]

LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #103
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Yeah... really no new updates. Still looking for that Le Cellier seating (no luck ) and waiting on the Be Our Guest ADR's to open up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I've never done the CP either, or eaten at Le Cellier for that matter, so once again I'm no help.
You really need to rectify that Le Cellier situation. I saw somewhere they're saying it will be 2 TS credits on the meal plan next year though. I don't know what that will mean for the prices, but it might not be worth it if they decide they need to make the lunch prices comparable to the dinner prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm hoping that it all works out for you though, so you have that going for you.
I was counting on your support! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture.
Thanks!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #104
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah... really no new updates. Still looking for that Le Cellier seating (no luck ) and waiting on the Be Our Guest ADR's to open up.
I really hope an ADR for Le Cellier opens up for y'all! Don't give up hope. I just snagged a certain ADR last week for our trip that I couldn't previously get. I really hope they will open up the ADRs for BoG at the beginning of August like they put on the DIS.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #105
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
I really hope an ADR for Le Cellier opens up for y'all! Don't give up hope. I just snagged a certain ADR last week for our trip that I couldn't previously get. I really hope they will open up the ADRs for BoG at the beginning of August like they put on the DIS.
I'm still holding out hope and checking. I should definitely trust the opinion of someone who adds/changes ADRs as much as you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: