Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I haven't been keeping up but I'm subbing anyway. I 'might' pop my head in from time to time.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #17
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm back in!

I think that you'll have no problems with the baby. We took Everett at 4 and 6 months and he was the best behaved and most easy going of anyone on those trips! I really think it is much easier to travel with a baby to WDW than a toddler, and since you thrived on your last trip, you're in for easy sailing!

One of the best sanity saving items I took on those baby trips were baby food in pouches (don't have to worry about them breaking like glass jars) and the little spoon attachments that screwed right onto the pouches. It made mealtime super easy and less messy.

I could also send you a link to my reviews of the nursing facilities at the baby care centers that I did after Everett's first trip. They were awesome and made nursing in the parks extra easy and comfortable.

You guys are going to have an awesome trip! I'm looking forward to reading about the details!

I can see how it would be easier to take an infant as opposed to a toddler. I'm just not sure we're ready to try to keep DS under control while we still have another one to take care of.

Thanks for the tip about the baby food. I hadn't even thought about that yet. I'm sure DW would appreciate any information on nursing facilities. That is one of our concerns about making this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I haven't been keeping up but I'm subbing anyway. I 'might' pop my head in from time to time.

Yes, yes you have been keeping up.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
tutter99
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Actually Andy, I just realized we are there at the same time. We are going with my parents Dec 1-9 at AKV.

Proud to be DisDad #356
tutter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
I'm in!

Actually Andy, I just realized we are there at the same time. We are going with my parents Dec 1-9 at AKV.

I hope it is a low crowd week!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

I've been slacking here lately, so I thought I'd pop in to give a little bit of a real life update.

First of all, no baby yet. The due date is Saturday, so it could be any time now.

Secondly, I've been dealing with this little issue the past few days...

I was taking DS to the baby sitter Thursday morning and got T-boned by a school bus. The bus stopped at a stop sign and then all of a sudden decided to go just as I was getting to the intersection.

DS and I were both fine, although I saw the accident coming before it happened so I took to the ditch to keep from having a sqaured up hit with the bus. One girl on the bus was checked for a head injury, but was apparently ok.

After I regained my senses and realized what the heck just happened, I turned to check on DS, expecting to see him somewhat shaken up. He looked at me, pointed out the window and said "bus."

Yes, yes it is.

Anyway, the accident was the bus driver's fault. He was issued a ticket, but dealing with this crap the week our baby is due is definitely not what I wanted to be doing. It really frustrates me too, because I just bought this truck less than 6 months ago and it only has 3900 miles on it. I know, I know, we're both ok, but now that the important part has been established, I think I'm entitled to be upset that he tore up my new truck.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Oh man, that's crazy!! At least you & DS were ok, and he is apparently not too traumatized by the experience. Hopefully you can get the truck dealt with and not have that weighing on you when your little princess decides to make her grand appearance.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Andy, I understand --my heart was not into DISing when my daughter totalled our van back in December. I'm glad everyone was okay. Hopefully the insurance will have you back in a new truck soon. Looks like that one was pretty sweet, a few days ago.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Oh man! I'm glad to hear that you & your little guy are ok. It's amazing how resilient kids can be, right? But, I don't blame you one bit for being mad that your new truck got tore up! I'd be hot if that were mine! So sorry this is happening the week of the new baby's arrival. Hope you're able to get the truck fixed & that the princess makes her debut!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #24
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh no, how awful! I'm happy you guys were OK, and I have to say that your DS's reaction was priceless.

I think you're perfectly entitled to be upset about your new truck, heck, if someone smashed into my 1999 honda accord I'd be angry, and that car is like 150 in car years!

I'm sorry you guys have this extra stress at such a busy time, but I know it will all work out. We're pulling for you!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #25
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your truck! I'm glad everyone's okay.

The Christmas stuff at Disney is kind of addictive isn't it? We went in December for the first time many years ago and I've wanted to go again at Christmas every year since!

Taking two little ones instead of one is more challenging, but it'll help a lot having extra family members around. When it's just the four of you, I recommend the buddy system.
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #26
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Latest update:

DS is telling everyone "daddy hit bus" If you're going to tell the story, at least get the facts straight.

The truck is not totaled... it is getting fixed. I'm not too thrilled about having a new truck with the extent of repairs this one is going to have. If it was a little bit of sheet metal and paint, then it wouldn't be a big deal. When we're getting into rebuilding part of the front suspension, putting on new doors and door frames, I'm not too thrilled. I'm sure I'll hear wind every time I get over 50mph. And the lady at the insurance company...

The bus driver is apparently catching some heat though now. He has ruffled some feathers in the past, and I've heard that there are a few people trying to find out if he was on the phone... apparently he has a bit of reputation.

DD is still comfortably camped out. Officially 2 days over at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Oh man, that's crazy!! At least you & DS were ok, and he is apparently not too traumatized by the experience. Hopefully you can get the truck dealt with and not have that weighing on you when your little princess decides to make her grand appearance.
DS is doing great... DD is still camped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Andy, I understand --my heart was not into DISing when my daughter totalled our van back in December. I'm glad everyone was okay. Hopefully the insurance will have you back in a new truck soon. Looks like that one was pretty sweet, a few days ago.
Wish it would be a new truck... unfortunately it's getting fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Oh man! I'm glad to hear that you & your little guy are ok. It's amazing how resilient kids can be, right? But, I don't blame you one bit for being mad that your new truck got tore up! I'd be hot if that were mine! So sorry this is happening the week of the new baby's arrival. Hope you're able to get the truck fixed & that the princess makes her debut!
It didn't phase him a bit. He's more than eager to tell anyone about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh no, how awful! I'm happy you guys were OK, and I have to say that your DS's reaction was priceless.

I think you're perfectly entitled to be upset about your new truck, heck, if someone smashed into my 1999 honda accord I'd be angry, and that car is like 150 in car years!

I'm sorry you guys have this extra stress at such a busy time, but I know it will all work out. We're pulling for you!
It really has been frustrating... especially dealing with the insurance company this past week. I mean, they know it wasn't my fault, they're going to end up paying for it all one way or another. Why can't we just do things the easy way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Sorry to hear about your truck! I'm glad everyone's okay.

The Christmas stuff at Disney is kind of addictive isn't it? We went in December for the first time many years ago and I've wanted to go again at Christmas every year since!

Taking two little ones instead of one is more challenging, but it'll help a lot having extra family members around. When it's just the four of you, I recommend the buddy system.

It is very addictive. Everything from MVMCP to the Osborne lights to the decorations at the resorts.

It will definitely be different, but I'm grateful that we will have some extra help with us.

Last edited by afwdwfan; 04-23-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #27
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I know you probably don't agree with this but.....

That's hilarious that DS is telling everyone you hit the bus!

Hope the princess arrives soon!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #28
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I actually came over to check if there was a new Disney Princess yet but catching up glad you and your DS are ok after the accident.
I loled at the fact when it hit you all your DS said was Bus!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #29
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
I know you probably don't agree with this but.....

That's hilarious that DS is telling everyone you hit the bus!
You're right.

Quote:
Hope the princess arrives soon!
So do we!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I actually came over to check if there was a new Disney Princess yet but catching up glad you and your DS are ok after the accident.
I loled at the fact when it hit you all your DS said was Bus!
No, we're still waiting... She seems to be happy where she is.

DS has this talent for finding the right words to say and delivering them just right. He's got great comic talent at a young age.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #30
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm joining in!! Wow! So sorry to hear about that but I'm glad everyone is ok!! I'm excited to hear about your plans for the trip! I read your last TR too but I came in late so I just lurked. your DS is adorable and congrats on the new little one soon!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: