Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #286
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKreamer View Post
They were $20 a piece, but I saved 25% off the order plus free shipping. So $15 a piece. Also I am plus size so my clothes almost always cost more, so I thought they were a bargain!
Oh that's a great price! I'm sure they're better quality than the ones I picked up at Wal-Mart, too.

-----------

Can't believe we are nearly to online check-in time! I'm still on the fence, undecided as to whether I will or not. Anyone else balancing on the fence with me?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #287
MrsKreamer
Moo
The third batch of pancakes is the charm
skinny jeans are the devil

Well I told the teachers last night. My son's 3rd grade teacher was very understanding. So even said she would try to get a packet together for him to keep him up to speed.

My other son's teacher, however was a different story. First off he is in the 1st grade class part of the day and in an Autism class part of the day. I went to open house and the 1st grade teacher took all of 3 seconds with us, flatly said "He only spends journal time in here" then turned to speak with other parents (where she went on and on about their kids...). So I got her attention, told her we are taking him out of school the last week in September.

Well her eyes bulged out and a horrible look covered her face. Whatever. His Autism teacher wasn't there, so I dropped in on his former SPED teacher. I repeated what the 1st grade teacher said and did, and she was just as upset as I was. She said "Well, if he is only in her class for journal time what does it matter?!" lol I love that she is still so protective of my son!

I emailed the Autism teacher, but she has been out sick so I hope to hear back from her soon.

I am so ready for this trip! I love being able to say that in exactly one month we will be celebrating DS8's birthday in the MK!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #288
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

Sept 18-25th for me. Can't wait!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #289
MrsKreamer
Moo

I ordered my photopass+ last night and I just got an email that it is shipped!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #290
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Well I told the teachers last night. My son's 3rd grade teacher was very understanding. So even said she would try to get a packet together for him to keep him up to speed.

My other son's teacher, however was a different story. First off he is in the 1st grade class part of the day and in an Autism class part of the day. I went to open house and the 1st grade teacher took all of 3 seconds with us, flatly said "He only spends journal time in here" then turned to speak with other parents (where she went on and on about their kids...). So I got her attention, told her we are taking him out of school the last week in September.

Well her eyes bulged out and a horrible look covered her face. Whatever. His Autism teacher wasn't there, so I dropped in on his former SPED teacher. I repeated what the 1st grade teacher said and did, and she was just as upset as I was. She said "Well, if he is only in her class for journal time what does it matter?!" lol I love that she is still so protective of my son!

I emailed the Autism teacher, but she has been out sick so I hope to hear back from her soon.

I am so ready for this trip! I love being able to say that in exactly one month we will be celebrating DS8's birthday in the MK!!!!
GRRR! Don't you want to smack people sometimes? Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRose View Post
Sept 18-25th for me. Can't wait!
I'll add you to the list on the first page. Our trips overlap!

Quote:
I ordered my photopass+ last night and I just got an email that it is shipped!!!
WAHOO! Great news!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #291
KELLY
DIS Veteran

I can't beleive we leave tommorow. The one thing is we didn't book a super early flight this time around. I'm sort of bummed about that. We won't leave here until 8am when we normaly would be gone at 2am lol. But we never do anything but hit the pool the first day. Plus we don't have to wake the girls. So hopefully we can start Saturday off at Epcot not tired or cranky pants.

2003 ASMO, 2004 WL, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POFQ, 2007 SSR, 2008 SSR, 2009 POFQ& POP (FD) , 2010 POP (FD) , 2011 POP (FD), 2012 POP (FD),2013 pop (FD) up next POP FD bouncebacks
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #292
MrsKreamer
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I can't beleive we leave tommorow. The one thing is we didn't book a super early flight this time around. I'm sort of bummed about that. We won't leave here until 8am when we normaly would be gone at 2am lol. But we never do anything but hit the pool the first day. Plus we don't have to wake the girls. So hopefully we can start Saturday off at Epcot not tired or cranky pants.

So excited for you!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #293
Zdog
Mouseketeer

You guys are in for a treat! We just returned from a week at Riverside, and the resort is wonderful. Do not miss taking in a movie one night on the lawn next to Oak Manor. We stayed in the Royal rooms area, and one night watched Tangled out on the lawn while lying on towels provided by cast members. The weather was mild, the movie entertaining, and the memory of being there with my family will last a lifetime!

Have a great trip!!
Zdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #294
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

1 month from today I will be at the MK!!!!! It has been a long 4 years since my last trip, and I am just ecstatic!!!!! Got home from work today, and my DME packet arrived in the mail!!!! Didn't get the other things yet, like the cool luggage tags and travel documents so I am still excited for that!!!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #295
Danascraps
Earning My Ears

4 more days for us!! Cannot wait, but truthfully am still very nervous about the Hurricane. Fingers crossed that we will get there safe, and won't lose a single day of our vacation.
Danascraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #296
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danascraps View Post
4 more days for us!! Cannot wait, but truthfully am still very nervous about the Hurricane. Fingers crossed that we will get there safe, and won't lose a single day of our vacation.
Sending you lots of Pixie Dust

We're 7 days behind you. You never can tell with those darned hurricanes! But hopefully you won't be affected. Hope you have a great trip

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #297
Danascraps
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We're 7 days behind you. You never can tell with those darned hurricanes! But hopefully you won't be affected. Hope you have a great trip
Thank you 2tiggies!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #298
MrsKreamer
Moo

Looks like the hurricane is heading here. Hopefully it won't get too organized before it hits land or maybe it will keep shifting west. Anxiety is very high around here. There is already a run on gas, school is canceled for the next three days and people are already evacuating.
I am prepared to stay put if it stays a Cat 1 or less, but also ready to leave if not.

Pixie dust def needed!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #299
Danascraps
Earning My Ears

MrsKraemer, lots of pixie dust for you! Be safe.

We can't believe it... but we will be on the plane in less than 12 hours. Seems like FOREVER since we started planning this trip and counting down. Disney here we come!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #300
JewelsG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Looks like the hurricane is heading here. Hopefully it won't get too organized before it hits land or maybe it will keep shifting west. Anxiety is very high around here. There is already a run on gas, school is canceled for the next three days and people are already evacuating.
I am prepared to stay put if it stays a Cat 1 or less, but also ready to leave if not.

Pixie dust def needed!!!
Stay safe!! Hope there is more bark than bite!

DW 1985 (Offsite) DW 2004 (Offsite) DL 2008 (Offsite) DW 2011 (Pop) DW 2012 (POFQ) DW 2014 (Pop)
JewelsG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: