Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #196
MrsKreamer
Moo
The third batch of pancakes is the charm
skinny jeans are the devil
 
MrsKreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: HOME!!! New Orleans
Posts: 4,687

I finished my kids' autograph book from our 2009 trip. My original plan was just to add to it for this trip, but the album is full so I will need to start a new one for this trip! The kids were really excited and like flipping through it.

I didn't realize it but it has made a great tool for showing my DS6(who has mild autism) pictures of the characters, with him in a few of the shots, and we talked about who each one was...

In other news, I won an iPad this past weekend! It was a complete fluke, I won it in a raffle!

Oh and going to make a big payment on our trip on Friday!!!
__________________
Surviving in a house full of boys! My blog thisisnotalifetimemovie
MrsKreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #197
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun
 
BearcatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 8,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKreamer View Post
I finished my kids' autograph book from our 2009 trip. My original plan was just to add to it for this trip, but the album is full so I will need to start a new one for this trip! The kids were really excited and like flipping through it.

I didn't realize it but it has made a great tool for showing my DS6(who has mild autism) pictures of the characters, with him in a few of the shots, and we talked about who each one was...

In other news, I won an iPad this past weekend! It was a complete fluke, I won it in a raffle!

Oh and going to make a big payment on our trip on Friday!!!
You must have had tons of fun working on the book! How great that DS could benefit from it as well.

Congrats on the iPad win! Sounds like you got some early pixiedust that came your way

How close does that bring you to paying off the trip?
__________________

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #198
MrsKreamer
Moo
The third batch of pancakes is the charm
skinny jeans are the devil
 
MrsKreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: HOME!!! New Orleans
Posts: 4,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
You must have had tons of fun working on the book! How great that DS could benefit from it as well.
I know! I wasn't even thinking of that benefit when I started it...now I am even more excited to make this year's book, plus i want to make an Epcot and AK passport, and maybe a trip journal for each of them...
Congrats on the iPad win! Sounds like you got some early pixiedust that came your way
[COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]Yes![/COLOR]
How close does that bring you to paying off the trip?[COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]It will be a third of the way paid off in cash. [/COLOR]
Answered above in green!
__________________
Surviving in a house full of boys! My blog thisisnotalifetimemovie
MrsKreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #199
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun
 
BearcatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 8,097

Sounds like you will be keeping busy in the upcoming months before this trip, huh?

We paid off our trip a couple of weeks ago in cash. Felt so good! Now I just gotta go about saving for *next year's* trip so we can do the same. We have our spending money saved for this year, our mousekeeping envelopes made, KTTK tour is almost paid for (used Disney Visa for that).

How's the weight loss coming? I'm at a standstill ... still.
__________________

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #200
Danascraps
Earning My Ears
 
Danascraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 47

Anyone bought anything for their trip yet?? I bought 4 ponchos at Walmart the other day.... for those afternoon thunderstorms.
Danascraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #201
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun
 
BearcatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 8,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danascraps View Post
Anyone bought anything for their trip yet?? I bought 4 ponchos at Walmart the other day.... for those afternoon thunderstorms.
Definitely! I have a whole bunch of stuff already. Ponchos, new camelback backpacks, our travel-size toiletries, new camera ...

Need to get some new beach towels - ours are looking kind of ratty!
__________________

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #202
MrsKreamer
Moo
The third batch of pancakes is the charm
skinny jeans are the devil
 
MrsKreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: HOME!!! New Orleans
Posts: 4,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Sounds like you will be keeping busy in the upcoming months before this trip, huh?

We paid off our trip a couple of weeks ago in cash. Felt so good! Now I just gotta go about saving for *next year's* trip so we can do the same. We have our spending money saved for this year, our mousekeeping envelopes made, KTTK tour is almost paid for (used Disney Visa for that).

How's the weight loss coming? I'm at a standstill ... still.
Weight loss is temporarily stalled. I have had some major stress for a few weeks. My plan is start again this week. This week is spring break for my kids, so I plan on taking them to the gym with me for a few hours each day(they have a play room and organized activities 8-12).
Trying to keep busy! I also started on the Epcot passports...I will post a few pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danascraps View Post
Anyone bought anything for their trip yet?? I bought 4 ponchos at Walmart the other day.... for those afternoon thunderstorms.
I have a list a mile long. We need a new camera, double stroller(which we may borrow, another mom at school offered), beach towels, hanging shoe organizer(for toiletries), DH needs new Crocs, as does DS8, I will need clothes as most of my jeans can fall off now!

Things to get closer to trip: I will need to stock up on Aiden's favorite travel food. Aiden tends to go on a hunger strike when he travls(drastic change of environment), so I pack treats he doesn't get at home...pop tarts, gummy fruit snacks, pb crackers, etc. we also want to get a DVD player for the van before we leave(12 hour drive!).

I have purchased some more Disney DVDs to help the kids learn about the older characters...Mary Poppins, Dumbo, etc.

Oh and I also bought the boys some Trading Pins. I thought this would be a fun collection/distraction for them. When we arrive I will let them each pick out a lanyard and they can start trading. Plus I thought it would be cool for them to buy a pin when the ride a big ride(EE), etc.

There are a few things we don't purchase until we get there. I like Mickey ponchos...lol! Plus everyone gets a new hat on the first park day.
__________________
Surviving in a house full of boys! My blog thisisnotalifetimemovie
MrsKreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #203
Danascraps
Earning My Ears
 
Danascraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 47

I also just bought the unofficial guide to Disney guidebook, so I have it to take along! Only about 4 more months of waiting.
Danascraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #204
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun
 
BearcatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 8,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKreamer View Post
Weight loss is temporarily stalled. I have had some major stress for a few weeks. My plan is start again this week. This week is spring break for my kids, so I plan on taking them to the gym with me for a few hours each day(they have a play room and organized activities 8-12).
Trying to keep busy! I also started on the Epcot passports...I will post a few pictures.
If you ever need an ear ... feel free to PM me Would love to see pics of the passports!


Quote:
I have a list a mile long. We need a new camera, double stroller(which we may borrow, another mom at school offered), beach towels, hanging shoe organizer(for toiletries), DH needs new Crocs, as does DS8, I will need clothes as most of my jeans can fall off now!

Things to get closer to trip: I will need to stock up on Aiden's favorite travel food. Aiden tends to go on a hunger strike when he travls(drastic change of environment), so I pack treats he doesn't get at home...pop tarts, gummy fruit snacks, pb crackers, etc. we also want to get a DVD player for the van before we leave(12 hour drive!).

I have purchased some more Disney DVDs to help the kids learn about the older characters...Mary Poppins, Dumbo, etc.

Oh and I also bought the boys some Trading Pins. I thought this would be a fun collection/distraction for them. When we arrive I will let them each pick out a lanyard and they can start trading. Plus I thought it would be cool for them to buy a pin when the ride a big ride(EE), etc.

There are a few things we don't purchase until we get there. I like Mickey ponchos...lol! Plus everyone gets a new hat on the first park day.
I have a bunch of stuff left to purchase as well. I need some new sandals that can go the distance (thinking of Teva Mush), will need some clothes and definitely a bathing suit! The one I have fits, but the bottom is too large now.

I think the idea of bringing along special treats is fantastic! Make eating more like a treat and less of an OMG kind of moment. I second the thought of buying special pins for special rides - we did this last year and it was so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danascraps View Post
I also just bought the unofficial guide to Disney guidebook, so I have it to take along! Only about 4 more months of waiting.
I'm going to buy the unofficial guide as well, but I'm waiting until August when the newest version comes out. I'm thinking of getting it for my Kindle so it is easier to carry! I've heard that sucker is huge!


Either of you still planning to decorate your window? I know for sure I'm taking my huge LGMH, but don't know what else to do.
__________________

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #205
Danascraps
Earning My Ears
 
Danascraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 47

Wanted to get a head start on planning, so I got the 2012 version. YES, it is huge!!

Not sure about decorating the window... tell me more about it.
Danascraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #206
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun
 
BearcatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 8,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danascraps View Post
Wanted to get a head start on planning, so I got the 2012 version. YES, it is huge!!

Not sure about decorating the window... tell me more about it.
You just bring fun stuff to decorate your window with - Mickey-shaped cutouts, window clings, you can make signs on your computer "Our First Trip" etc. Here is a really neat thread I found on Decorating Your Windows. Has lots of great examples and ideas!
__________________

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #207
Houston86
Mouseketeer
 
Houston86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Only a day away
Posts: 164

We will be there 8/30-9/5 Free Dining 126 days and counting please add us to the list!!
__________________
Me DH DS DD





Many day trips as a kid grew up in Florida, 1995 CBR, 2000 Contemporary, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, 2012 POFQ, 2015 AoA

Last edited by Houston86; 04-26-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: error
Houston86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #208
DLB
DIS Veteran
 
DLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northwestern CT
Posts: 786

Can you add me to the list

We will be there ---- 09/29 - 10/8... I can't wait!!!
__________________
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #209
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun
 
BearcatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 8,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston86 View Post
We will be there 8/30-9/5 Free Dining 126 days and counting please add us to the list!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLB View Post
We will be there ---- 09/29 - 10/8... I can't wait!!!
to both of you! I will get you both added to the list

What ADRs have you made? Planning on MNSSHP or taking any tours? Inquiring minds want to know!
__________________

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #210
Houston86
Mouseketeer
 
Houston86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Only a day away
Posts: 164

Our ADR's so far are
30th - 1900 Park Fare @ 7pm
Chefs De France @ 4:30pm (we still have both booked, we can not decide which one to do??) HELP!!
31st - LeCellier @ 2:30pm
1st - Tuskerhouse @ 2:15pm
2nd - Crystal Palace @ 7:00pm
3rd - Fantasmic @ Hollywood & Vine @ 5:30pm
4th - Whispering Canyon @ 9:30am
Aloha @ 8:00pm
Going to surprise DD with Dolphins in Depth at Epcot

Just trying to work on fine tuning our park schedules and we are set. Now all we have to do is WAIT
__________________
Me DH DS DD





Many day trips as a kid grew up in Florida, 1995 CBR, 2000 Contemporary, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, 2012 POFQ, 2015 AoA
Houston86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: