Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #826
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Hi! Relaxing in my hotel room. We are staying on property one more night (yay!). Getting cleaned up and then a brief stint at the park before I get a massage later. But I thought would share what happened to me at the finish. Don't worry its a good thing! I would share the pic but apparently the DIS app doesn't like normal photos on a hard drive. So I'll just share what happened instead. Normally at the race's end I try to get a high five or something as I am entering the last yards. Never have actually gotten a response or anything before. This time though Minnie spotted me in the last stretch of the finish. Instead of a high five I got something much, much better. She grabbed my hand and ran across the finish line with me. It was awesome!

Also ran into another DISer around mile 6. Unfortunately I am so tired right now and I am so bad with names I only vaguely remember the username. If any of you remember running into a DISer as we were exiting Downtown Disney let me know.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013-2014, Avengers 2014, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, Wounded Warriors Half Marathon, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
StarGirl11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #827
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
Hi! Relaxing in my hotel room. We are staying on property one more night (yay!). Getting cleaned up and then a brief stint at the park before I get a massage later. But I thought would share what happened to me at the finish. Don't worry its a good thing! I would share the pic but apparently the DIS app doesn't like normal photos on a hard drive. So I'll just share what happened instead. Normally at the race's end I try to get a high five or something as I am entering the last yards. Never have actually gotten a response or anything before. This time though Minnie spotted me in the last stretch of the finish. Instead of a high five I got something much, much better. She grabbed my hand and ran across the finish line with me. It was awesome!

Also ran into another DISer around mile 6. Unfortunately I am so tired right now and I am so bad with names I only vaguely remember the username. If any of you remember running into a DISer as we were exiting Downtown Disney let me know.
How totally awesome is that!! Congratulations!!!
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #828
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11

Ah! That's awesome! I high fived them on the way in

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #829
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Love those red hat ladies...they made me cry last year! I wrote them a letter last year to tell them how awesome they were and even got a response back! They were great! I really liked all the time in the parks this year...seemed like a lot more than last year. And though I didn't stop for pics, I thought there were more characters this year too, but who knows? I saw VickiHD out there lookin strong! I was dying y'all...this was not a good race for me this time around! I'm in a lot of pain at the moment,mostly from my PF but my back is super sore too, so that's a little something new for me. Weather was awesome, so thankful for that. Hope everyone had a good race!
Summer,
Thanks, I was determined to stay strong !
I also love the Red Hat Ladies.....they are great!!
I recognized your shirt from one of your posts. You did a great job on it.
It was nice to run into a familiar face this morning.
I thought it was a great race and now to get ready for Princess.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #830
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post

What an awesome experience!! I am in tears reading this!! I can't wait to see pics
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #831
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

I met Cripey/Summer briefly just now in DCA. Nice meeting you!

Congrats to all the finishers!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #832
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99
I met Cripey/Summer briefly just now in DCA. Nice meeting you!

Congrats to all the finishers!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I met Kim3339 in line for Pirates! Nice to meet you Kim.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #833
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

From reading previously about the red hat ladies at this race, I was looking forward to seeing them. They did not disappoint! I was starting to feel a little tired leaving the parks, but they were perfectly set up at the end of DTD and SOO enthusiastic and adorable! I ran by and high fived a lot of them and my speed picked up immensely. I wanted to stop again around mile 10 but convinced myself there was only a 5k left, so I didn't stop my entire run. I was shocked considering I had missed my last few long runs! I'm stoked!

I had an incredible PR from 3:15:14 my first half in september to 2:30:32 today. Granted I got injured the first race, I still consider it quite the achievement. I'm so happy . I can't wait to see the photos, this time I actually posed for some

It was also wonderful to meet Vicki, Kim, Rosie, and Summer this weekend! I hope you ladies had a good time out there (except sorry to hear you're in pain, Summer!) can't wait to hear more stories from everyones experience
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #834
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
From reading previously about the red hat ladies at this race, I was looking forward to seeing them. They did not disappoint! I was starting to feel a little tired leaving the parks, but they were perfectly set up at the end of DTD and SOO enthusiastic and adorable! I ran by and high fived a lot of them and my speed picked up immensely. I wanted to stop again around mile 10 but convinced myself there was only a 5k left, so I didn't stop my entire run. I was shocked considering I had missed my last few long runs! I'm stoked!

I had an incredible PR from 3:15:14 my first half in september to 2:30:32 today. Granted I got injured the first race, I still consider it quite the achievement. I'm so happy . I can't wait to see the photos, this time I actually posed for some

It was also wonderful to meet Vicki, Kim, Rosie, and Summer this weekend! I hope you ladies had a good time out there (except sorry to hear you're in pain, Summer!) can't wait to hear more stories from everyones experience
Great job!!!!!!!
It was nice to meet you and everyone on Friday!
Have a fun drive back and see you in WDW for Princess.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #835
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

Very fun did not get swept which was my fear. didn't do character pictures except one pirate and one on the fly shot of Ferb.

We are staying until Wednesday and going to parks. Hanging out with my husband brother so that has been fun
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #836
ludari
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed returning to complete the 2013 Tinker Bell Half. I enjoyed this new route better than last year and the earlier start time. Best of all was running with my two lady friends to complete the Mad Hatter Challenge which included the 5K and Goofy Challenge at WDW and the 5K and Tinker Bell Half at DLR to earn our C2C medal as well. That's 58.6 miles in one week.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #837
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

I did it!!!!

A little confused with the time results. Run Disney has me at 3:53 and my Nike+ has me at 3:31 for the exact same distance.

Oh well still a PR for me with either time since this is the first half marathon for me.

And I never saw the sweepers or the balloon ladies. I ended up with 18.5 miles between the half and the parks today.

I also enjoyed meeting all the Dis ladies this weekend.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #838
calihannah
Mouseketeer

I also survived and did not get swept! Since it was my first half, it was also a PR 3:08 and change. I was so worried about being under the time limit, and it turned out I was nowhere close. Thanks for all of the tips from everyone here! Oy, between the run and the parks, I had over 22 miles today. That is one record that probably won't be broken on my Fitbit anytime soon!
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #839
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Got a PR today! Finally broke the 2:45 barrier and finished in 2:43:23. I was super excited! I know it's only the second year but I'm happy to be a perfect 2 for 2. Hoping to keep that streak alive for as long as possible.

Back to work on Buena Vista Street tomorrow night!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #840
andrea9873
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07

That is so awesome congratulations on finishing!

First Trip to WDW with our DD (10) and DS (7) All Star Sports - April 2002.**Blessed with DVC, Beach Club Villas - March 2003, Villas at Wilderness Lodge - July 16 - 24, 2005, Vero Beach Resort July 24 - 27, 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge July 27 - 30, 2005, Beach Club Villas & Coronado Springs - March 2006, Sheraton Vistana Villas / Beach Club Villas / Disney's Hilton Head Island, SC - July 2006, Disney Cruise 3 nights - Jan 17 - 20, 2008, Saratoga Springs Resort Feb 27 - March 3 2009, Animal Kingdom Villas / Old Key West Villas August 13 - 19 2009, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort June 13 - 19, 2010, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort / Disney's Boardwalk Villas December 23 - 28, 2010 The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Feb 10 - 12, 2011 (Romantic getaway with DH) / BLT Oct 2011

andrea9873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: