Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #796
Cripey
DIS Veteran

yay...they finally made the change to a 767...but I went from row 23 to 41...WTH??!! Commencing upgrade in 3...2...1...

So glad I'm not cancelled!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #797
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Thanks for thinking about me yall! So far this morning, my reservation is the same...still says the same aircraft too, but it allowed me to do the 24 hour advance check in so I went ahead and did that. I'll just keep my eye on my reservation all day today and if nothing changes, just assume everything is on schedule and there will just be a different plane at the gate when I get there in the AM. And why do early flights always seem like a good idea when you book them, but not so much the day before you actaully have to get up to make it there? My board time is 645AM!
Ah but those Odark30 flights get you to the parks before the crowds.

Left Portland this morning and the temp was 29 with 62% humidity. Got to Anaheim and the temp was 67. Got up into the 80's with 7% humidity. Loving the sun.

Walked onto everything, got upgraded at the DLH, and got my picture taken with Periwinkle. She gave me extra pixie dust for sunday and told me to fly like Tinker Bell.

I'm ready. Maybe slighly hyper you think?

Everyone stay safe on the way here. Can't wait to meet those who are getting together to eat Friday evening.
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #798
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99

Ah but those Odark30 flights get you to the parks before the crowds.

Left Portland this morning and the temp was 29 with 62% humidity. Got to Anaheim and the temp was 67. Got up into the 80's with 7% humidity. Loving the sun.

Walked onto everything, got upgraded at the DLH, and got my picture taken with Periwinkle. She gave me extra pixie dust for sunday and told me to fly like Tinker Bell.

I'm ready. Maybe slighly hyper you think?

Everyone stay safe on the way here. Can't wait to meet those who are getting together to eat Friday evening.
Upgraded? Curious... from what to what? View, room size?

To ALL of you running this weekend.... Have a great time!!!! You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

Can't wait to read all about it.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #799
AliceNWonderland
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. I -- I hardly know, sir, just at present -- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreelancer
I know there are a lot of first time half marathoners on here and I thought I would give same race day tips. I am a head coach in a walking/running group and I give these tips to my team before each of our goal races.

Race Day Reminders and Tips

• Trust in your training
• Eat a solid, but light breakfast at least 60-90 minutes before the race start time
• Don’t try anything new on race day. No new apparel, food or drink during the race.
• Bring water. Don’t depend on the aid stations as your only water source. You should drink 20-26 ounces per hour.
• Bring more nutrition than you expect to need and use it. It will be easy to forget when you are going through the parks. Think about eating between parks so you don't forget.
• Bring electrolyte supplements and use them even if it is cold
• A hat or visor - no cotton please
• Gloves if the morning is cold. You may want to buy some cheap gloves you can toss once you warm up.
• Tech fiber workout clothing – no cotton please. Dress in layers to avoid overheating
• Sunscreen
• Sunglasses
• Trim your toenails two days before the race
• Use the restroom early since long lines will form quickly
• Don’t start the race too fast. Race day excitement can cause you to start too fast and quickly run out of steam. This can happen to anyone and even the most elite runners have experienced it. Learn from the best and keep on plan. Your first mile should be no faster than your normal Long workout pace and you speed up from there.
• If you running, use the course to your advantage. Run every downhill regardless of what interval you are in. Walk with authority on all the uphills.
• There are photographers on the course so Smile!
• Don’t worry about your Garmin or other timing device until after you have passed the photographers at the finish line otherwise those photos will be of you looking at your wrist.
• Thank the volunteers
• Enjoy the experience
Awesome advice!

June 2002 offsite Portofino Bay
June 2009 WL
June 2011 POR

AliceNWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #800
Cripey
DIS Veteran

On the plane now! Good luck this weekend everyone!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #801
dhowlan
Earning My Ears

Question Pre-race clothing drop

Does anyone know if there is a clothing drop off (to leave sweats or coats before the race) and, if so, where is that located in relation to the start?
dhowlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #802
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Back in room after expo and DTD browsing only to realize they gave me the wrong size shirt . Guess ill have to swing by tomorrow to try to exchange. I like them MUCH better than last year's though, so hopefully I can get my size. Was not all that impressed with the official merch though...picked up a shirt and magnet. Why have the race hats been soooo cheap and crummy? The ones I have from PHM and DL 2011 are really nice hats, but all the ones after that are horrible...cheap and flimsy...I was hoping they would be better this time. Oh we'll, saved me some $$ . Picked up some pink Nike double layer socks at the lady footlocker booth. Normally $14, on sale for $9 if anyone likes those. Only the pink ones were on sale though, not sure why. Looked like there were still Dooney's for sale behind the registers if anyone was interested.

ETA: Loving that the mesh backpacks are back in the 'goody bag'!!! I still have my PHM one...hoping ill get another one next month too!

Last edited by Cripey; 01-18-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #803
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Back in room after expo and DTD browsing only to realize they gave me the wrong size shirt . Guess ill have to swing by tomorrow to try to exchange. I like them MUCH better than last year's though, so hopefully I can get my size. Was not all that impressed with the official merch though...picked up a shirt and magnet. Why have the race hats been soooo cheap and crummy? The ones I have from PHM and DL 2011 are really nice hats, but all the ones after that are horrible...cheap and flimsy...I was hoping they would be better this time. Oh we'll, saved me some $$ . Picked up some pink Nike double layer socks at the lady footlocker booth. Normally $14, on sale for $9 if anyone likes those. Only the pink ones were on sale though, not sure why. Looked like there were still Dooney's for sale behind the registers if anyone was interested.

ETA: Loving that the mesh backpacks are back in the 'goody bag'!!! I still have my PHM one...hoping ill get another one next month too!
What do the shirts look like? I like last years, I don't run it it, just wear it like a normal shirt. Lol. And backpacks? Cool!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #804
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Good luck Tink runners. Ill be pulling for you guys from ohio.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2012 Inaugural Canton 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Ohio 2 Warrior Dash, 2012 Air Force Half Marathon, 2012 Wine & Dine, 2013 Goofy Challenge,Dumbo Double Dare 2013,Dopey Challenge 2014
Haas4Concern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #805
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Sending support to all from SE Florida!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #806
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

The weather here is awesome coming from 25 at home.

Might go to Expo again to look today. Think I need a different shirt
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #807
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

Staying at Stovall. Does anyone know the best way to get to race start in am and DLR the other days?
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #808
Cripey
DIS Veteran

We're in line for the shoes this AM. Got here maybe around 6:15 and there was already a growing line...I think we have a decent chance though...fingers crossed!

Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #809
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey
We're in line for the shoes this AM. Got here maybe around 6:15 and there was already a growing line...I think we have a decent chance though...fingers crossed!
Good luck!

I'm hoping there are still purses left!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #810
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99

Good luck!

I'm hoping there are still purses left!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks! We got vouchers and we have until 3pm to go claim the shoes. So we came over to ride radiator springs racers...which we are currently in line for but they are having problems and haven't let anyone on yet...actually I think it just opened, everyone is cheering! Yay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: