Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #766
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihannah View Post
Could someone please post a link to the runner tracker? Thank you!
- http://live.xacte.com/tinkerbell/alerts/
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #767
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!
 
specialks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,496

Does anyone know what the 5k corral placement is like. Even approximately?? Or have experience from another runDisney 5k.

Thanks!
__________________
Me , DH , DD , DD
Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon DLR Jan 18-24 - PPH
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #768
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
Does anyone know what the 5k corral placement is like. Even approximately?? Or have experience from another runDisney 5k.

Thanks!
I did the 5K last year and supposedly there were corral placements, but I don't think people really paid attention to them and there were no corral monitors. Also I really doubt they monitor the pace either. I was in the middle, but probably closer to the back and finish in about 52 minutes. I took my time and took a lot of pictures. There were a lot of people behind me soit seems like the pace limits are not really enforced since it is all on property.
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #769
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBlair View Post
I cannot wait for the heat to return. I will take 110 over this - any day!! I told DH to start pumping himself up with Airborne and positive talk "I'm not getting sick" because...I'm sick.
I read your link to your DL half experience 2012, I ran that one too! You're making me reconsider in taking my point and shoot with me on the tink run. Haha your photos made me all nostalgic. I LOVED running through Angels stadium! Did you wait long for the photos with the princesses? As in did the lines move relatively fast? So cute!!
You've also made me want to start a blog, haha. I want to be able to remember these runs and my times! So thanks for having your link on your posts
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #770
indygirl99
DIS Veteran
 
indygirl99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,057

Oh my I thought the day would never end. I think my 12 hr shift lasted 25 hours. Do people not know that I am leaving for Disney and they can't birth those babies till I'm OFF shift.

I said twice today that I would rather be at mile 20 than where I was at work.

Packing tomorrow and will be in the parks early thursday morning. Wohoo a couple days in the park to play before I have to get off the legs.

So do you think I could get away with never going back to work. I could just retire and be a daily disney visitor.

Looking forward to meeting everybody and getting to run with you.
__________________
indygirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #771
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!
 
IMGONNABE40!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Planning my next adventure!
Posts: 9,107

I am happy to say that I am packed and ready to go! Even got a haircut yesterday. I can do my online check in with Delta at 4:10 this afternoon. Flight time is about 4 hours 40 mins. So, we should be at LAX by 5:50 local time tomorrow. The plan is to stay on Eastern time so that Sunday morning doesn't seem so harsh!

No workouts since my 2 mile walk last Tuesday, so this is day 9 of just resting my leg. I should be good to go for Sunday, but will have to accept that I will likely be considerably slower. Does anyone know if a slow Tink will effect my corral placement for the Princess? Right now the time I have submitted for Princess was my Wine and Dine time of 2:27; will run Disney keep that time, or automatically adjust it based on my Tink time?

Happy packing and safe travels everyone!
__________________
Christine
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #772
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,877

They will take whatever time you submit! So if you submitted Tink time, then they will change it. But since you already submitted W&D you will be good to go with that! No worries!

I think they realize that a RunDisney race often means stopping and standing in line for pictures- so it's not something that they expect people to PR.

I know runners who are fast and submit time for corral placement of 1:00 for a 10K, but finish their princess in 3:25! All about the photostops, baby!

You'll be GREAT!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #773
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,628

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
I am happy to say that I am packed and ready to go! Even got a haircut yesterday. I can do my online check in with Delta at 4:10 this afternoon. Flight time is about 4 hours 40 mins. So, we should be at LAX by 5:50 local time tomorrow. The plan is to stay on Eastern time so that Sunday morning doesn't seem so harsh!

No workouts since my 2 mile walk last Tuesday, so this is day 9 of just resting my leg. I should be good to go for Sunday, but will have to accept that I will likely be considerably slower. Does anyone know if a slow Tink will effect my corral placement for the Princess? Right now the time I have submitted for Princess was my Wine and Dine time of 2:27; will run Disney keep that time, or automatically adjust it based on my Tink time?

Happy packing and safe travels everyone!

I don't think this race will effect your Princess placement...they should go with what you originally submitted at registration. I'm in the same boat...submitted last year's Tink time for this year's Tink and Princess and I'm definitely gonna be slower than exptected for both of those.

***********

I think I'm going to voluntarily drop back to corral C to start with the BF rather than start in B and let him catch up. I want us to run through the parks together and I don't want to have to "pull over" and wait for him if he hasn't caught up by then. Also, he's still pretty sore from his full last weekend and I don't want him to feel like he has to run that first mile or two at a near sprint trying to find me...I feel bad enough as it is now that he's even running this with me a week after a full...but he agreed to it!!

Got my Team Sparkle skirts in the mail yesterday...definitely ditching the tutu for Tink and going with Sparkle. Still haven't decided about Princess, but I have some more time to figure that one out at least. BF and I stopped last night at a sporting goods store to try on some New Balance for size...you know, JUST IN CASE those runDisney edition New Balance are available when I get to the expo. I figure I can swing a pair for myself and just restrain on other things at the expo. We'll see how well that works out.

Ahhhh, and I have to retract my position of "Let's all just DO IT!" that I stated a couple of weeks ago on the Dumbo Double Dare...as it stands right now, I don't think it's gonna happen. Looks like we're gonna have the opportunity to be at WDW for Thanksgiving for a WEEK this time and so then had to choose between DL half weekend or Food & Wine fest at WDW...looks like F&W is currently the front runner...not surprised We haven't completely committed to the plan yet, but it looks like that's where it's going.
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #774
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,628

Oh good grief! Every time I go to the runDisney website to look something up, it crashes/closes Internet Explorer...THAT'S annoying! Anyway, maybe one of you can help me...is the transportation still free on race weekend from good neighbor hotels? I remember last year I think just getting on the bus for the first time and telling them I was there for race weekend and I was given a little red pass good for the weekend. Is that correct or do I need to show some sort of proof before I can get the pass? I don't know why I can't remember what we did last year! We probably just walked alot rather than using the shuttle. I'm mostly worried about Friday...I want to take the shuttle over to Disney to get to the expo rather than walk around alone because I don't really know my way around there so much. Just wondering if I'll be able to get there or if I'll need to just go ahead and buy a shuttle ticket.
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #775
kim3339
DIS Veteran
 
kim3339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
So do you think I could get away with never going back to work. I could just retire and be a daily disney visitor.
Only if I can join you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Anyway, maybe one of you can help me...is the transportation still free on race weekend from good neighbor hotels? I remember last year I think just getting on the bus for the first time and telling them I was there for race weekend and I was given a little red pass good for the weekend. Is that correct or do I need to show some sort of proof before I can get the pass? I don't know why I can't remember what we did last year! We probably just walked alot rather than using the shuttle. I'm mostly worried about Friday...I want to take the shuttle over to Disney to get to the expo rather than walk around alone because I don't really know my way around there so much. Just wondering if I'll be able to get there or if I'll need to just go ahead and buy a shuttle ticket.
I'm pretty sure it's still free, drops you off at the main crosswalk on Harbor and you just walk down DTD.

Vicki ~ have a safe drive down tomorrow!

Tip if anyone's flying, if you bring the massage stick like they sell at the expo, make sure you check it in. Don't know if it changed over the weekend or it was just Orlando being weird, but I had mine in my carry on this morning and they took it. It was ok in San Jose Thursday, but the guy talking to me said he just heard about it.
__________________

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #776
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears
 
BabieDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Oh good grief! Every time I go to the runDisney website to look something up, it crashes/closes Internet Explorer...THAT'S annoying! Anyway, maybe one of you can help me...is the transportation still free on race weekend from good neighbor hotels? I remember last year I think just getting on the bus for the first time and telling them I was there for race weekend and I was given a little red pass good for the weekend. Is that correct or do I need to show some sort of proof before I can get the pass? I don't know why I can't remember what we did last year! We probably just walked alot rather than using the shuttle. I'm mostly worried about Friday...I want to take the shuttle over to Disney to get to the expo rather than walk around alone because I don't really know my way around there so much. Just wondering if I'll be able to get there or if I'll need to just go ahead and buy a shuttle ticket.
As far as I know it's still free. When I checked last week nothing had changed. We're depending on that shuttle for the weekend that we're there so it better be free!
__________________
BabieDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #777
dhowlan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6

Page 34 of the online Program says yes.
I can't post a link since I'm short on post count, but "as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/tinkerbell/Tink13ProgramOnline.pdf" is more or less it minus the beginning.

Runs every 20 minutes through the weekend and is for participants and spectators.

I am curious what everyone did at previous runs to get from a neighbor hotel to the start. Was the shuttle a good way to get to the start or is walking a better idea? I am staying at the motel 6 which is straight across the middle of the two parks on Disney Way iirc. Not sure of the actual distance.
dhowlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #778
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I think I'm going to voluntarily drop back to corral C to start with the BF rather than start in B and let him catch up. I want us to run through the parks together and I don't want to have to "pull over" and wait for him if he hasn't caught up by then. Also, he's still pretty sore from his full last weekend and I don't want him to feel like he has to run that first mile or two at a near sprint trying to find me...I feel bad enough as it is now that he's even running this with me a week after a full...but he agreed to it!!
I just read somewhere that Sean Astin (Sam in Lord of the Rings) is running in it again this year. If my time doesn't place me in C and I'm further up, I may drop back to it so I can boy hunt . But on a serious note, it'd be cool to see him! Haha so good decision!
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #779
kim3339
DIS Veteran
 
kim3339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
I just read somewhere that Sean Astin (Sam in Lord of the Rings) is running in it again this year. If my time doesn't place me in C and I'm further up, I may drop back to it so I can boy hunt . But on a serious note, it'd be cool to see him! Haha so good decision!
I saw him last year after the race in DTD w/ his wife and daughter. I walked right past him, I wanted to say something, b/c I love Goonies, but I didn't. He was wearing the shirt and medal, so maybe you'll see him afterwards. I also saw Allison Sweeny from Biggest Loser in DCA Friday night before the race last year. I know she ran this past weekend in WDW so don't know if she's running Tink again, but she's local so you never know.
__________________

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #780
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,877

Crispey- what did you do about your flight?!? Just heard the FAA grounded 787 dream liners! Eeek!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: