Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #751
dhowlan
Earning My Ears

So it seems I'm not alone. Very glad to hear that.

Hopefully the weather warms up a bit. Fingers crossed.
dhowlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #752
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBlair View Post
Had to cut my long run short yesterday because I'm sick. Took today off from work so I don't expose my co-workers and further allow myself a day of rest to get ready for Sunday's race. I'm determined to do that race, even if I have to sneeze and blow my nose every step of the way!
Oh yikes!! Best of luck and well wishes on getting over your sickness quickly! Seeing you are from AZ on the sidebar - we have had a serious cold front the past few days! Stay bundled up! Us deserters gotta stick together
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #753
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Oh yikes!! Best of luck and well wishes on getting over your sickness quickly! Seeing you are from AZ on the sidebar - we have had a serious cold front the past few days! Stay bundled up! Us deserters gotta stick together
I am in Arizona and this cold front is awful!!! All my friends on Facebook, myself included, have been complaining for days now. I'm so over it. I need my toes to defrost so I can properly run!

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
JDBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #754
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBlair

I am in Arizona and this cold front is awful!!! All my friends on Facebook, myself included, have been complaining for days now. I'm so over it. I need my toes to defrost so I can properly run!
I guess the temps are relative. It sounds like its going to be warm to me! We have 32-34 degrees.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #755
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

Ugh- it's windy here now. I hope the chill stays and the winds die down by Sunday! Looking forward to hitting the Expo!
MonkeyDishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #756
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhowlan View Post
I'm signed up for the Tinker Bell 1/2 on Sunday and I was hoping someone could help me. For some reason, I haven't received any emails from Disney about the race even though I'm registered and have triple checked they have my email correctly entered in their system. (I do get emails from active.com, but not disney.) I finally got around to calling disney to see what was up and they suggested switching my emails to my teammate. Anyhow, I am wondering what, if anything, we've missed by being out of the loop. I'm guessing from your posts you are getting their updates, but I have no idea if they have sent anything we need to know. Is there anything important that they sent out that's not on the website, in your opinion?

On the plus side, I found this site because I was looking for information and have much more good info than I did before. This is my first Disney race.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I never get the emails either and I've confirmed with Disney that they have it correct. Strange!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
There are ALOT of us that don't get them either...here and I've read the same on various FB group pages. I got them for the first few races and then stopped all of the sudden..same email and everything. They have a wonky system.
This is my third runDisney race and I've yet to receive any emails. I've added lots of possible emails to my safe senders list, I've contacted them directly, still nothing! It's obviously a problem on their end and I wish they'd fix it!!
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #757
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Anyone else having trouble signing up for runner tracking ???
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #758
BabieDuckie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I couldn't even find where to go online to sign up.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #759
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBlair View Post
Hahah yeah! Same here. I woke up this morning to like, 50 posts about how it was 19 degrees this morning. Leave it to Arizona though.. tomorrow I think our high is like in the 70s whereas today it's 43. It'd be nice if the weather wasn't so spontaneous! I'm worried to catch a cold because of it so I've moved my runs to inside on the treadmill

4 more daysss!!!
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #760
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabieDuckie

I couldn't even find where to go online to sign up.
It's probably not up yet. Should be by Thursday or Friday.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #761
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
It's not working yet, at least not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Hahah yeah! Same here. I woke up this morning to like, 50 posts about how it was 19 degrees this morning. Leave it to Arizona though.. tomorrow I think our high is like in the 70s whereas today it's 43. It'd be nice if the weather wasn't so spontaneous! I'm worried to catch a cold because of it so I've moved my runs to inside on the treadmill

4 more daysss!!!
I cannot wait for the heat to return. I will take 110 over this - any day!! I told DH to start pumping himself up with Airborne and positive talk "I'm not getting sick" because...I'm sick.

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
JDBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #762
liesel
DIS Veteran

It looks like the runner tracking link is up, but maybe they haven't loaded our names yet. I seriously doubt there's no one named "Lisa" running this race!

DLR: many times as a local 1984-1995, June 2009, December 2009, June 2010, October 2010 (day trip), October 2011, January 2012 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, July/August 2012, August/September 2012, January 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, March 2013, Dumbo Double Dare August/September 2013, Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2014

WDW: 1980, September 2008, February 2014 Princess Half Marathon-first coast to coast

Upcoming DLR trips: August 2014 Dumbo Double Dare 2: Liesel Strikes Back and first 10K with my DS, November 2014 Avengers Half Marathon (because I have a problem saying no to inaugural events), January 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon (see Avengers), May 2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon and birthday trip

liesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #763
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

I know there are a lot of first time half marathoners on here and I thought I would give same race day tips. I am a head coach in a walking/running group and I give these tips to my team before each of our goal races.

Race Day Reminders and Tips

• Trust in your training
• Eat a solid, but light breakfast at least 60-90 minutes before the race start time
• Don’t try anything new on race day. No new apparel, food or drink during the race.
• Bring water. Don’t depend on the aid stations as your only water source. You should drink 20-26 ounces per hour.
• Bring more nutrition than you expect to need and use it. It will be easy to forget when you are going through the parks. Think about eating between parks so you don't forget.
• Bring electrolyte supplements and use them even if it is cold
• A hat or visor - no cotton please
• Gloves if the morning is cold. You may want to buy some cheap gloves you can toss once you warm up.
• Tech fiber workout clothing – no cotton please. Dress in layers to avoid overheating
• Sunscreen
• Sunglasses
• Trim your toenails two days before the race
• Use the restroom early since long lines will form quickly
• Don’t start the race too fast. Race day excitement can cause you to start too fast and quickly run out of steam. This can happen to anyone and even the most elite runners have experienced it. Learn from the best and keep on plan. Your first mile should be no faster than your normal Long workout pace and you speed up from there.
• If you running, use the course to your advantage. Run every downhill regardless of what interval you are in. Walk with authority on all the uphills.
• There are photographers on the course so Smile!
• Don’t worry about your Garmin or other timing device until after you have passed the photographers at the finish line otherwise those photos will be of you looking at your wrist.
• Thank the volunteers
• Enjoy the experience
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #764
calihannah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesel View Post
It looks like the runner tracking link is up, but maybe they haven't loaded our names yet. I seriously doubt there's no one named "Lisa" running this race!
Can someone please post the link for where to find this? Thanks
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #765
calihannah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesel View Post
Could someone please post a link to the runner tracker? Thank you!
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: