Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #616
kim3339
DIS Veteran
 
kim3339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
We are going to be there 18-23. We are going to do Disney of course but is there anything outside Disney that is a good idea etc. I obviously don't want to do too much walking Pre-half
There's DTD and an AMC movie theater as well as the Garden Walk across from DL, but you mentioned you don't want to walk that much. Will you have a car? You could head out to Huntington Beach Saturday if the weather's nice.
__________________

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #617
Leskash75
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 76

We are renting a car.
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #618
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
So I'm officially in crazy mode right now!! Got my lists done for WDW and DL over the weekend (only thing keeping me sane and will keep me sane when I get home), started packing for WDW and thought I could try to do some for Tink, but almost everything I need for WDW I need for Tink except my Smee outfit and my Hook shirt. But on the upside, for some Jake and the Pirate fun kits for kids in the $1 section at Target for some Smee/Captain Hook stickers and some white looking feathers at Michael's, so hopefully can glue something somewhat okay looking for the 1/2.

And random non-Tink tangent, WDW changed the reservations site! Tried to do the early check in, and no luck. Grrrrr... Couldn't they have waited a week or two?
Kim,
Just try and hang in there !!! Wishing you safe and stress free travels and a great race in WDW !!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it. After what you are going to do in WDW...Tink will just be a "walk in the park".
__________________
VickiHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #619
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,605

score! I just got all the paperwork I needed from the person I bought the extra bib from online for the BF...so glad it worked out and I didn't lose the $$! Definitely took a chance there I'm sure DBF will be ECSTATIC to know it all actually worked out He caught up to me on saturday right when we both had 1 mile to go until we were back home from our long runs (I ran 8...he ran 12 ). Normally he'll just high five on the way by and wait for me at the finish but he decided to slow up and run the last mile with me...on the condition that I run the whole mile, no breaks (I've been doing half mile breaks since I was ill and missed so many runs)...he said, jokingly, "you wanted me with you at Tink and this is how it's gonna be, so let's go...pick it up!" hahahahaha! He knows better...tell me what to do and I will promptly do the opposite
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #620
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!
 
IMGONNABE40!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Planning my next adventure!
Posts: 9,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
There's DTD and an AMC movie theater as well as the Garden Walk across from DL, but you mentioned you don't want to walk that much. Will you have a car? You could head out to Huntington Beach Saturday if the weather's nice.
How far is Huntington Beach? What is there to do? I'd like to do a day at the beach on Sunday after Tink.
__________________
Christine
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #621
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
How far is Huntington Beach? What is there to do? I'd like to do a day at the beach on Sunday after Tink.

Here is a good website for Huntington Beach: http://www.surfcityusa.com/
I'm guessing it about 40 min. Maybe someone else can give you more info.

Another option you might like is Newport Beach: http://www.visitnewportbeach.com/
Great shopping at Fashion Island too.

Hope this helps.
__________________
VickiHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #622
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
score! I just got all the paperwork I needed from the person I bought the extra bib from online for the BF...so glad it worked out and I didn't lose the $$! Definitely took a chance there I'm sure DBF will be ECSTATIC to know it all actually worked out He caught up to me on saturday right when we both had 1 mile to go until we were back home from our long runs (I ran 8...he ran 12 ). Normally he'll just high five on the way by and wait for me at the finish but he decided to slow up and run the last mile with me...on the condition that I run the whole mile, no breaks (I've been doing half mile breaks since I was ill and missed so many runs)...he said, jokingly, "you wanted me with you at Tink and this is how it's gonna be, so let's go...pick it up!" hahahahaha! He knows better...tell me what to do and I will promptly do the opposite
Your DBF sounds adorable and such a trooper! First the "A-Man-Duh" comment and now he's sassin' you while running, love it! You are one lucky girl . I wanna snag one that'll do disney runs with me . I'm goin' on a man hunt at tink .
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #623
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Your DBF sounds adorable and such a trooper! First the "A-Man-Duh" comment and now he's sassin' you while running, love it! You are one lucky girl . I wanna snag one that'll do disney runs with me . I'm goin' on a man hunt at tink .
He's alright I guess

I STILL haven't put my race shirts together I thought maybe last night, but after I ate dinner I got stuck in the black hole that is Amazon MUST get that done this weekend...my skirt is delivering tomorrow, so I have to get it done so I can see the complete ensemble!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #624
kirstie101
DIS Veteran
 
kirstie101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 1,189

Kim - Hope you have a great time running Goofy at WDW! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
__________________




Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #625
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,822

Good luck Kim! Have fun!!!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #626
kim3339
DIS Veteran
 
kim3339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
How far is Huntington Beach? What is there to do? I'd like to do a day at the beach on Sunday after Tink.
The beach is really nice, big and long. There's a pier w/ a restaurant at the end, 50's diner type I think. There's a main street that is perpendicular to the beach that has a ton of shops that are nice to browse. Kind of a laid back surfy type area. And like Vicki said about 30-40 min depending on traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Kim - Hope you have a great time running Goofy at WDW! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Good luck Kim! Have fun!!!
Thanks guys! Not so sure about the Goofy part anymore, decided on a no for the full over the weekend, but now rethinking everything... the training for the marathon part has not been good, but definitely on for the 1/2.
__________________

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #627
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,822

A friend is doing this plan: half she's doing as - half walk, half run. Then for the full she's going to run like she would a half, and just walk/run/crawl the rest
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #628
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2
A friend is doing this plan: half she's doing as - half walk, half run. Then for the full she's going to run like she would a half, and just walk/run/crawl the rest
Basically go in with idea of going 3 halves. 2 she knows she can do, the 3rd she's just going to gut out!

Good luck whatever you decide!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #629
zgirls
Mouseketeer
 
zgirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 111

Wendy,let me know if you are still in need of help, I will do it for you.
__________________
Dad of 2
Offsite '86,'91,'95, Dec '13 | Hilton Head Aug'05 | AS Music Nov'09 | AS Movie Dec'11
Boardwalk June'01,Jan'07 | Beach Club July'06 |OKW April'09 |AKL July'08 |Yacht Club June '12

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #630
zgirls
Mouseketeer
 
zgirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 111

Quote:
Thanks guys! Not so sure about the Goofy part anymore, decided on a no for the full over the weekend, but now rethinking everything... the training for the marathon part has not been good, but definitely on for the 1/2.
My friend and his wife did Goofy last year. They jogged the half then walk ran the full. I would classify them as casual runners, neither is close to a 2:00 half.

They finished the half in 2:35 and the full in 6:15. So if you are close to these times, I say go for it.
__________________
Dad of 2
Offsite '86,'91,'95, Dec '13 | Hilton Head Aug'05 | AS Music Nov'09 | AS Movie Dec'11
Boardwalk June'01,Jan'07 | Beach Club July'06 |OKW April'09 |AKL July'08 |Yacht Club June '12

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: