Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #376
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
That will be interesting to see how they handle all the NYC runners. I wonder if they will make special accomodations and guaranteed entry for next year? Then if so what will happen to runners like you who will also have a spot next year?

If you see any deals for car rentals please let me know. I not getting any deals at all and I'm using every discount that I can use and I'm still not happy with the quotes I'm getting.
So this is what I've gathered from FB posts about next year ~ this year's runners have guaranteed entries for next year, but there is a question about whether the international runners are in as well(which is kind of even worse, b/c some traveled a long way), BUT, they all have to pay reg fee again ($248 this year). That, is just horrible. I get that it says on all regs that races have that it's nonrefundable, but at least give a discount. And the runners are getting antsy, b/c there have been no FB posts by NYRR and nothing on their website since the announcement. Aside from the "we're good people, here's a pic of runners volunteering." And the ironic thing is that I got my issue of Runner's World yesterday and there's an ad for signing up for the lotto for next year's race. It'll be interesting to see how long this all drags out and what happens for next year. Although, I also saw an ad for Expedition Everest too and that race looks like so much fun and the TOT race as well, so maybe if I'm out for NY next year, I'll do those instead.

As for car discounts... I know SW offers cars, don't know if you can use points for those. I know 1 of them, either Hertz or Enterprise offer AAA discounts, and kayak has a car section. Not sure how their prices are though. Which hotel did you guys decide to stay at that weekend?

And random side note, saw on the DL side they're doing some sort of contest for APs and the Candlelight Processions. They said more info will be coming out on the 12th.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #377
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
So this is what I've gathered from FB posts about next year ~ this year's runners have guaranteed entries for next year, but there is a question about whether the international runners are in as well(which is kind of even worse, b/c some traveled a long way), BUT, they all have to pay reg fee again ($248 this year). That, is just horrible. I get that it says on all regs that races have that it's nonrefundable, but at least give a discount. And the runners are getting antsy, b/c there have been no FB posts by NYRR and nothing on their website since the announcement. Aside from the "we're good people, here's a pic of runners volunteering." And the ironic thing is that I got my issue of Runner's World yesterday and there's an ad for signing up for the lotto for next year's race. It'll be interesting to see how long this all drags out and what happens for next year. Although, I also saw an ad for Expedition Everest too and that race looks like so much fun and the TOT race as well, so maybe if I'm out for NY next year, I'll do those instead.

As for car discounts... I know SW offers cars, don't know if you can use points for those. I know 1 of them, either Hertz or Enterprise offer AAA discounts, and kayak has a car section. Not sure how their prices are though. Which hotel did you guys decide to stay at that weekend?

And random side note, saw on the DL side they're doing some sort of contest for APs and the Candlelight Processions. They said more info will be coming out on the 12th.

I'll check out Kayak. So far Enterprise has the best deal...if you can call it a deal. We're staying at the Caribbean Beach resort (Thurs-Weds). We've stayed there years ago and thought the pool area would be fun for the little mouseketeer.

I also saw the Candlelight "info" on another site. I don't think they have a clue how this is going to work this year. Did you notice there are no dining options. I'll try and "win" a spot for Monday night but if not we will stand like last year. Now it looks like we're heading down either Friday night or Saturday early morning.
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #378
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Kim
Thanks for the Tink email.
Ditto. Thanks!
I got so excited the other day because u saw an email about Tink, BUT it turned out to be a GET travel email, not RunDisney.

Quote:
That will be interesting to see how they handle all the NYC runners. I wonder if they will make special accomodations and guaranteed entry for next year? Then if so what will happen to runners like you who will also have a spot next year?

We booked our flights for Princess months ago when SWA schedule became available. Used points and booking early the $$$ was low out of SFO. Not non-stop but at least we don't have to change planes and a layover. It's going to be a long day regardless.

If you see any deals for car rentals please let me know. I not getting any deals at all and I'm using every discount that I can use and I'm still not happy with the quotes I'm getting.
Costco has some really great pricing on car rentals. You can check it online. Costco travel.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #379
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

I FINALLY had one of those fantastic runs...the one where you don't intend to go but a few miles but it feels so good that you keep going? 9.5 miles later.....WOOT!

On a less enthusiastic note, I went to both the Nike and Lululemon outlets today in search of running tights/pants/whatever and found diddlysquat. Apparently I need to be tall, skinny, and not mind super thin pants to shop there. I need to take a field trip to Title 9 and Rei and find a pair.....

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #380
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialks View Post
Ditto. Thanks!
I got so excited the other day because u saw an email about Tink, BUT it turned out to be a GET travel email, not RunDisney.

Costco has some really great pricing on car rentals. You can check it online. Costco travel.
Great idea about Costco Travel for car rentals. Thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #381
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
I FINALLY had one of those fantastic runs...the one where you don't intend to go but a few miles but it feels so good that you keep going? 9.5 miles later.....WOOT!

On a less enthusiastic note, I went to both the Nike and Lululemon outlets today in search of running tights/pants/whatever and found diddlysquat. Apparently I need to be tall, skinny, and not mind super thin pants to shop there. I need to take a field trip to Title 9 and Rei and find a pair.....
Great job on your run !!!!

On your other note....have you tried Target ?? They have a large selection of Champion pants, different styles to choose from and in different lengths. I'm always looking for pants that are long enough. (I also think being tall is overrated) The selection is pretty good online too.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #382
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Old Navy has tights and pants as well as other fitness apparel. My wife bought a few pairs of the tights and she really likes them. She wore them for our last long run (18 miles) and she will be wearing this weekend for our 20 miler. She usually gets the expensive brands like Nike and she said she likes the Old Navy ones as much as the expensive ones.
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #383
Reep
Mouseketeer

oops. wrong thread.
Reep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #384
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll check out Kayak. So far Enterprise has the best deal...if you can call it a deal. We're staying at the Caribbean Beach resort (Thurs-Weds). We've stayed there years ago and thought the pool area would be fun for the little mouseketeer.

I also saw the Candlelight "info" on another site. I don't think they have a clue how this is going to work this year. Did you notice there are no dining options. I'll try and "win" a spot for Monday night but if not we will stand like last year. Now it looks like we're heading down either Friday night or Saturday early morning.
I was looking at that one for WDW, but decided to stick w/ AOA. I was going to try too. If we don't win, do we need to get there early so we can see?

Quote:

Yay on the run! Haven't had one in a while, but love those!! Have you looked at Athleta? Not sure where all their stores are, but they might have one by you and they're online.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #385
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay on the run! Haven't had one in a while, but love those!! Have you looked at Athleta? Not sure where all their stores are, but they might have one by you and they're online.
I'm going to second the Athleta suggestion...especially if you are short! I'm all of 5'-0" and have ordered a pair of workout/yoga type pants from them in the petite length and they are perfection...that's like a one-in-a-million thing for a shorty that NEVER happens. It's good quality clothing too...they have held up for a few years now being worn in wintertime boot camp classes a couple of times a week. I haven't ordered anything else from them since, but I WANT everything in their catalog...such cute stuff!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #386
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was looking at that one for WDW, but decided to stick w/ AOA. I was going to try too. If we don't win, do we need to get there early so we can see?

Usually yes...there are some people who are there at 8:00 am when the park opens and they "camp out" all day. We usually just "swoop" in front of Showcase or Firehouse about 1 hr before. I've know people who swear by City Hall steps but those go pretty fast. This year will be so different so who knows.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #387
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the discounted tickets through GET include Magic Mornings? I've searched and can't find a straight answer.
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #388
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Great job on your run !!!!

On your other note....have you tried Target ?? They have a large selection of Champion pants, different styles to choose from and in different lengths. I'm always looking for pants that are long enough. (I also think being tall is overrated) The selection is pretty good online too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreelancer View Post
Old Navy has tights and pants as well as other fitness apparel. My wife bought a few pairs of the tights and she really likes them. She wore them for our last long run (18 miles) and she will be wearing this weekend for our 20 miler. She usually gets the expensive brands like Nike and she said she likes the Old Navy ones as much as the expensive ones.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I'm going to second the Athleta suggestion...especially if you are short! I'm all of 5'-0" and have ordered a pair of workout/yoga type pants from them in the petite length and they are perfection...that's like a one-in-a-million thing for a shorty that NEVER happens. It's good quality clothing too...they have held up for a few years now being worn in wintertime boot camp classes a couple of times a week. I haven't ordered anything else from them since, but I WANT everything in their catalog...such cute stuff!

I haven't tried Target...It's kind of out of the way, but I'll make a trip this week. I thought about Old Navy this morning when I pulled on yoga pants for my Insanity workout. I like the yoga pants, but they fall down when I run. I think they carry more of a running style...I'll have to try them on next time I'm there.

And Athleta.....oh how I've drooled over the catalog.....My husband once ordered me a shirt from there and it was too long. That tall person thing again. BUT....one opened in Seattle a month or so ago...I sense a field trip in my future....

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #389
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
Does anyone know if the discounted tickets through GET include Magic Mornings? I've searched and can't find a straight answer.
The park hoppers we got earlier this year for Tinker Bell was for admission only. No extras.
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #390
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn
If you are staying at one of the hotels (grand cali, paradise pier or DL hotel) you should be able to use magic hours you MUST have a hotel key card that's what we were told.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: