Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #256
Goofierunner
Mickey says, "Now get out there and run!"

Long time sufferer of IT band pain here. I used the foam roller a bit and it relieves the pain but I think it's more of an endorphin release. I mean, I feel great after using it but I don't think it's solving the problem. I read in runner's world. com that strengthening does heaps more to help than stretching. They had some great simple moves to do with an exercise band that has helped solve 90% of my IT issues.

First I do this Then I do this but I wish I was at
Goofierunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #257
kim3339
DIS Veteran

They released the shirt design on fb today!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #258
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofierunner
Long time sufferer of IT band pain here. I used the foam roller a bit and it relieves the pain but I think it's more of an endorphin release. I mean, I feel great after using it but I don't think it's solving the problem. I read in runner's world. com that strengthening does heaps more to help than stretching. They had some great simple moves to do with an exercise band that has helped solve 90% of my IT issues.
I do both- and yeah, I agree about endorphin release. TgSt feels really good! I have a set group of stretches, strength moves and foam rolling that I was assigned as homework. So far (knock on wood) they seem to be working. I rely more on the roller for the quick fixes but all the strength I hope keeps me from more issues!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #259
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339
They released the shirt design on fb today!
Did they say if it's going on a green shirt like this? I hope so- I hate the white tech shirts princess gives out

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #260
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Did they say if it's going on a green shirt like this? I hope so- I hate the white tech shirts princess gives out
ugh, me too! I sweat alot when I run and don't care to turn my training into a wet t-shirt contest! The Tinker Bell shirt this year was white too...and I didn't like the fit at all, but the race logo was cute. I think the quality of shirts they are using has gotten really crummy. The 2011 Princess was ok (but white!) as far as the fabirc, as well as a couple of WDW half and DL half shirts that my BF has from a year or two before that, but every other runDisney race I've done since then, the shirt material has seemed really cheap...funny how that happened, but registration prices went up.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #261
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
The Tinker Bell shirt this year was white too...and I didn't like the fit at all, but the race logo was cute. I think the quality of shirts they are using has gotten really crummy. The 2011 Princess was ok (but white!) as far as the fabirc, as well as a couple of WDW half and DL half shirts that my BF has from a year or two before that, but every other runDisney race I've done since then, the shirt material has seemed really cheap...funny how that happened, but registration prices went up.
It didn't mention anything about the color, but I hope it's that color too. I agree about the shirts 100%. On the Tink shirts this year, you could see the rectangle iron on part, it wasn't blended well at all. And the "goody bags"... ugh!! We were talking in 1 of the other theads a couple of months ago, that there really isn't anything there any more. Race weekends I see people w/ the nice Marathon backpacks from '10 or the cloth 1 we got at the 1st Princess. Now, it's just a plastic bag w/ and igoody bag.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #262
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
ugh, me too! I sweat alot when I run and don't care to turn my training into a wet t-shirt contest!
Obviously not designed by a runner...

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #263
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there were pace groups at Tink last year? I am thinking I'd like to find one to run with, or find a fellow Gallowayer with similar pace and intervals.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #264
kim3339
DIS Veteran

I don't remember. I know I saw a group coming out of DCA, but I don't remember if it was Tink or DL last year. At least there's a group for 1 of the 2 races. If no one knows the answer, I can ask at the booth at the expo in a few weeks for you.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #265
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

That would be great Kim! Thanks!!!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #266
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

I'm in!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #267
TotalDreamer
Mouseketeer

Sold out!

I'm a beginning runner and I'm gonna go ahead and train for this anyway. Maybe a spot will open up - if not I'll be ready for something lol
TotalDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #268
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDreamer
Sold out!

I'm a beginning runner and I'm gonna go ahead and train for this anyway. Maybe a spot will open up - if not I'll be ready for something lol
There are usually spots still open if you sign up with a charity. Or if my sister backs out you can run as "Nicole". Lol.

I'd love to run it with her but I really don't see her going through with this.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:09 AM   #269
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

I am out this year but I have to wish you all good luck as the race nears and you get ready, for those runing it for the first time it was a great race. In fact my DM just tried to get in and run it again, she didnt realize it closed so fast.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #270
Kris C
Kris C

First Time Runner and Poster

Hi Everyone - I'm new to both the Disney forums and the Tinker Bell race. This race will be my first ever half marathon, actually first time ever not running by myself in a gym and more than 5 miles. I'm extremely nervous and my goal is just to finish without getting picked up by slow patrol. Unfortunately I couldn't convince any friends or family to run with me. So I'm really excited and grateful for all the tips on this board.
Kris C is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: