Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #241
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

Wow sounds awesome I will try. Is that place good?
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #242
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
Wow sounds awesome I will try. Is that place good?
They both are. BW Park Place is right at the crosswalk on Harbor to take you into the parks. After GC, it's the closest hotel to the parks, you can literally leave your hotel and be in the parks in 5 min. I stayed there for Tink and am staying there again for the DL 1/2 and maybe Tink again. I really liked them. I had a king room and it also came w/ a sofa sitting area and the sofa pulled out to a sleeper. It also came w/ a fridge/micro. To get to the start for the race, you can walk down DTD and cut through the GC to the staging area.

Stovall's is the closest to the start/finish after PP. It's across the street for the staging area and the finish line. The rooms are nice also, I haven't stayed there in a few years, but when I was there it was great. A lot of people stay there and like it.

And if you have a AAA card, both will give discounts.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #243
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

I'm In!!!

My friend and I are returning to run Tinker Bell in 2013!! We are so excited!!!!

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
JDBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #244
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

Got a room (2 queens) at Stovalls. 100 a night.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #245
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

So I still have reservation at candy cane but this is much cheaper. How's the Stovall cleanliness etc
Old 07-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #246
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
So I still have reservation at candy cane but this is much cheaper. How's the Stovall cleanliness etc
We stay at Stovalls ALL the time. It's nothing fancy but we are happy with it and honestly we stay there about 8 times a year. They have a couple of large pools that are clean and well maintained. Also, for marathon weekends they open the breakfast room up early for us before we head over to the race. For a off property hotel --you can't beat the location. You walk across the street (Katella) to the race start and finish. The hotel also has "room service" from the Coco's next store. The only drawback is it's about a 20min walk to the front gates of Disneyland and DCA-even cutting through the Grand Californian. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #247
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Anyone know off the top of their heads what the date is that we can start booking ADR's, say for the night before the race?

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #248
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Plan ahead and you may be able to save time waiting for a meal. Reservations may be arranged at many restaurants by contacting Disney Dining up to 60 days in advance.

To request a reservation, please chose an option:

Call Disney Dining at (714) 781-DINE (3463)
Email reservation request to dine@disneyland.com

60 days from 1/18/2013 is November 19, 2012

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #249
CALIFLADY
The Tag Fairy is jealous of you...Japan gets all the good electronics and video games first. Plus, DisneySea is so much cooler than any other Disney park. Can you be my tour guide when I visit?

I've been dealing with bad bad bad IT band issues. Haven't run since June. I'm scheduled for the W&D Half in November. Eeek!

But here's my plan. Gonna run ONE MILE tomorrow! I'm ready. I'm stretched. I'm pain-free (for over a week now). One mile. Here I go! Wish me luck.

CALIFLADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #250
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFLADY
I've been dealing with bad bad bad IT band issues. Haven't run since June. I'm scheduled for the W&D Half in November. Eeek!

But here's my plan. Gonna run ONE MILE tomorrow! I'm ready. I'm stretched. I'm pain-free (for over a week now). One mile. Here I go! Wish me luck.
Good luck!!! I'm right there with you, but not doing anything big until Tink. I got released from PT a week ago and probably did too much too soon. So go slow and low mileage for a couple of weeks. And keep that foam roller handy!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #251
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFLADY

I'm in the same situation. I bought a foam roller, but man oh man it hurts to do the IT band roll on it! I have a 5k on Sat that I'm just hoping to not embarrass myself with a totally bad time since its a hometown run. I have a 10k at the end of Oct then the W&D in Nov. I'm really hoping I can get this IT band to loosen up! I bought some KT tape and plan on using it on Sat. Ran 2 mi today and not totally in pain so hopefully I'm on the right track.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #252
CALIFLADY
The Tag Fairy is jealous of you...Japan gets all the good electronics and video games first. Plus, DisneySea is so much cooler than any other Disney park. Can you be my tour guide when I visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
So go slow and low mileage for a couple of weeks. And keep that foam roller handy!
My Physical Therapist told me that he didn't think that the foam roller did much, other than massage the IT band. That is, it isn't all that effective in stretching it. So he gave me a handful of stretching techniques to do in addition to the foam roller. But he really de-emphasized the use of the foam roller. Just food for thought.

I ran 2K yesterday and 2k this morning. So far, so good. Now I'm trying to figure out how slowly to ramp it up. I think I'll have to sit down with a calendar later today and sort this all out.

But in the meantime, it's back to stretching!

Run safe and run smart!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #253
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I don't know, my foam roller saves me! When I'm tightening up after a run none of the stretches help release the muscles/band/whatever as much as a foam roller. I get instant relief from rolling my quad and side band. My PT said it would be my BFF if I continued to run. Funny they have differing opinions.

If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you. But it is a miracle for me.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #254
CALIFLADY

I hear ya', Patty. I just thought it was an interesting take on the foam roller thing. Makes my IT band feel better, too. So I'm stretching and rolling.

I ran a total of 8 miles last week. Will shoot for 10 miles this week, then 12 miles next week. Trying not to overdo it again. Of course, the Texas heat is slowing me down naturally.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #255
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'm in Cali right now so it's been lovely to run in the cooler weather. Back to sweating in Texas by the weekend though!

Left DL on thurs. I think we start the run with an uphill stretch on DL dr, right? Not huge, but a little hill anyway. Really hoping they route us through carsland like they are with the DL half. It's super cool, and since it would still be dark, it would be awesome!

My No-Guilt Life

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: