Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #181
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Cant believe its 63% full already!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #182
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Veteran Tink runners: Do you mind sharing what estimated time of finish you put down last year, and what corral that put you in? Curious minds want to know!

Yes... obsessing early. I am trying to figure out what 10K time I really need to push for.

Thanks in advance!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #183
lorasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Veteran Tink runners: Do you mind sharing what estimated time of finish you put down last year, and what corral that put you in? Curious minds want to know!

Yes... obsessing early. I am trying to figure out what 10K time I really need to push for.

Thanks in advance!
I used a 1:06 10K time (rough equivalent to a 2:25 half), and was in corral B.
DD#1, 12
DD#2, 10
Leukemia-fighting DD#3, 5
Gabby's MAW PTR!

Mom. Runner. Disney lover. Cancer hater.
lorasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #184
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I put 2:20 estimated finish with a 2:32 previous half as my proof...I intended on improving. I was in corral A...ended up finishing 2:30, which was at least a PR for me. I never thought I'd be placed in A with a 2:32 proof time!...it was so intimidating and I positioned myself at the very back of the corral...happy to let anyone in front of me!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #185
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I did 2:45 w/ no time submitted and I was in C. And I think they went up to F or maybe G.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #186
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
I did 2:45 w/ no time submitted and I was in C. And I think they went up to F or maybe G.
The corrals went up to E. That's where I was. It was my first race and when you don't have proof of time, you end up at the back. I'm excited to hear that you can get in A or B with my timing. I finished Tink in 2:39, but it turns out I actually ran 13.58 miles based on my iPhone run GPS. I was so busy dodging walkers and Tinkerbell wings, that I actually ran almost a 1/2 mile more than I needed to. I will be so happy to NOT be in corral E EVER again!
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #187
disneyaway
Mouseketeer

For those who booked at the Hojo using the entertainment card-- did they honor the 59$/night for Tink weekend? I looked at the dates, and Jan 18 and 19 were not listed. It said they would give you a 15% discount instead. Wanted to check before I called over there. I booked at the Holiday inn and suites but this one might be a bit cheaper if I can get 59/night.

Thanks!
disneyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #188
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaway View Post
For those who booked at the Hojo using the entertainment card-- did they honor the 59$/night for Tink weekend? I looked at the dates, and Jan 18 and 19 were not listed. It said they would give you a 15% discount instead. Wanted to check before I called over there. I booked at the Holiday inn and suites but this one might be a bit cheaper if I can get 59/night.

Thanks!
When I originally booked, back before registration was open, all the days for Tink weekend were listed for the $59 rate. At that time I booked Sat-Tuesday of Tink weekend in a double/double for that rate. Then late last week I decided to add on Friday the 18th. Of course I checked the thread but that date was no longer listed and indeed when I called they said I could not get the $59 rate for that night but I did get the 20% AP rate which was $111 I believe.
I'll keep checking to see if the 18th comes back on the list for the $59 rate, and if it does I'll call and get our rate changed. Its probably a long shot but it never hurts to keep checking!

Kirsten
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #189
disneyaway
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
When I originally booked, back before registration was open, all the days for Tink weekend were listed for the $59 rate. At that time I booked Sat-Tuesday of Tink weekend in a double/double for that rate. Then late last week I decided to add on Friday the 18th. Of course I checked the thread but that date was no longer listed and indeed when I called they said I could not get the $59 rate for that night but I did get the 20% AP rate which was $111 I believe.
I'll keep checking to see if the 18th comes back on the list for the $59 rate, and if it does I'll call and get our rate changed. Its probably a long shot but it never hurts to keep checking!
I was kind of wondering if that's what happened. Thanks for the info. I will probably stick with the holiday inn- it doesn't look too far from where the start is (although my sense of direction is pretty pathetic,lol).

Is anyone doing the breakfast or pasta dinner on Saturday? I'm debating on whether i want to drop that much money for a meal. If i do either, it would be the breakfast, and then I'm wondering if i should just do one of the hotel character meals.
disneyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #190
Disfan11
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I put 1:58 based on a previous half time.
I was in corral A.
I don't usually run for time at the Disney runs because I stop at all the characters.
I just wanna have fun!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #191
CALIFLADY
The Tag Fairy is jealous of you...Japan gets all the good electronics and video games first. Plus, DisneySea is so much cooler than any other Disney park. Can you be my tour guide when I visit?

My sister and I are officially registered now. No idea what we'll dress up as, but we do know, it's all about the costume!

Still sorting out hotels, rent cars, airlines, etc. Oooh, and a training plan. We need a good training plan!

But we'll be in Southern California in mid-January!

CALIFLADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #192
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFLADY View Post
My sister and I are officially registered now. No idea what we'll dress up as, but we do know, it's all about the costume!

Still sorting out hotels, rent cars, airlines, etc. Oooh, and a training plan. We need a good training plan!

But we'll be in Southern California in mid-January!

This is such a fun race and yes---it is about the costume.

Jeff Galloway should have a training program for Tinker Bell up again this year. I followed it last year and it did a good job of holding me accountable.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #193
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
This is such a fun race and yes---it is about the costume.

Jeff Galloway should have a training program for Tinker Bell up again this year. I followed it last year and it did a good job of holding me accountable.
THis is what I'm planning on doing! I have a 10K I'm training for on 9/16 and then I'll pick up with Jeff Galloways program from there.

Kirsten
Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #194
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

Signed up last night!!! I am super excited
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #195
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piraterunner View Post
Signed up last night!!! I am super excited
You will have a good time. This race was SO much fun last year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: