Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #31
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #32
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

I can't wait - Mad Men is my favorite show. Not only do I have the whole DVD set, I still watched the repeats every Sunday morning!

Does anyone besides me think that there's a chance Don and Betty will end up back together?

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #33
Mrs Jingles
Earning My Ears

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm a recent convert to this show and now am hooked!
Mrs Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #34
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
I can't wait - Mad Men is my favorite show. Not only do I have the whole DVD set, I still watched the repeats every Sunday morning!

Does anyone besides me think that there's a chance Don and Betty will end up back together?
They won't. Betty won't tolerate Don/Dick's games anymore. There is much more of an interesting story watching Sally play against them both.
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #35
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

less thank 30 minutes - :-)
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #36
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning

Quick comments . Looks like not a lot Of time passed which is good. Megan does not look like she will be long at scdp. Pete is moving up. Harry s status is decreasing. Joan and the baby. Sweet.

The affirmative action stunt will change. Scdp .
Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #37
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Who else had a chuckle when Pete walked into his office, tripped, then hit his nose on the wall? After the way he acted when he got that new office, I wished he had tripped and broken his neck.

Things that stuck out:
1) Passing the baby. These days nobody wants anyone touching their baby, much less hold them anymore.
2) Smoking a cigarette while holding the baby.
3) Men need not apply for a secretarial job.
AlwaysMoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #38
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

I did miss one person..............

Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #39
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysMoving View Post
Who else had a chuckle when Pete walked into his office, tripped, then hit his nose on the wall? After the way he acted when he got that new office, I wished he had tripped and broken his neck.

Things that stuck out:
1) Passing the baby. These days nobody wants anyone touching their baby, much less hold them anymore.
2) Smoking a cigarette while holding the baby.
3) Men need not apply for a secretarial job.
Number 2 made me laugh and also the line "what, am I suddenly wearing a skirt?" You'd never get away with either of those things these days.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #40
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

LOL, I guess my office must be a bunch of trustworthy folks; we still pass babies around all the time.

Peggy, Pete and a baby ... tee-hee. And of course, Roger deliberately attempting to give Joan a heart attack with that "There's my baby!" line.

Pete actually got a few good lines last night, and the Staten Island trick was priceless. Roger is drinking more and more and even he is starting to realize that Pete is really gaining on him -- it is no longer a joke.

I knew when she started counting down in French that Don was going to *hate* the birthday song -- this is the man who made Betty throw away her bikini because it was "desperate." Megan blew it big time with that one.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #41
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
LOL, I guess my office must be a bunch of trustworthy folks; we still pass babies around all the time.

Peggy, Pete and a baby ... tee-hee. And of course, Roger deliberately attempting to give Joan a heart attack with that "There's my baby!" line.

Pete actually got a few good lines last night, and the Staten Island trick was priceless. Roger is drinking more and more and even he is starting to realize that Pete is really gaining on him -- it is no longer a joke.

I knew when she started counting down in French that Don was going to *hate* the birthday song -- this is the man who made Betty throw away her bikini because it was "desperate." Megan blew it big time with that one.
I was thinking the same thing about Betty's bathing suit.
It's funny I liked Megan last season but in this episode she really rubbed me the wrong way. Where was Betty?

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #42
Cindy B

January Jones may not be in a few episodes this season. She was very pregnant, and a pregnant Betty Holfestadt Draper Francis would not work with this season.

It looks like it was a year or so time span from prior season to this season. Last season was 1965 with Joan being a few months pregnant. The baby looked very small. I liked the formula conversation. Back then, it was very vogue for formula fed babies. Breastfeeding babies was considered gauche.

Loved Don's place. However you do see glimpses of the age gap between Megan and Don. Don hated the idea of a party and of course the song. You see that the marriage is based on physical attraction and not much else. I wonder if the balcony is foreshadowing the falling "man".

Roger- is not long for this world. He is losing relevancy by the MINUTE.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #43
AlwaysMoving
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down

Did I miss something last season? Does Meagan know about Don's past? The reason I ask is because she called him by his birth name in this episode.

ETA: I have no idea how that red thumbs down thing at the top of my post got there. It does not reflect my feelings of the topic.
AlwaysMoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #44
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post

Do you think Roger knows? I keep wondering about it..wondering what Joan said or did in that regard.

I loved when he turned to the Young Mrs. Roger and said "Why don't you sing like her?" (or something like it) and she shot back "Why don't you look like him?"

I do think the Don/Megan age gap shows sometimes (and yes he did reveal his past to her I believe...or at least part of it..can't remember all of it exactly)..they actually remind me a bit of a couple I know that has a 13 year age gap between them.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #45
7165red
DIS Veteran

After waiting so long for the return of MM I was let down and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's Megan. Strange but I missed Betty.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: