Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #16
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

So thrilled! I have been missing Don Draper and crossing my fingers that he gets a little sense knocked into him and doesn't end up marrying his secretary.

On another note, I was rather disappointed with the Matt Lauer interview with the cast earlier this week. I thought that he was rather negative, and didn't illuminate on what the theme of the next season was going to be. I had so many questions, but he never came close to asking any of them.

The producer/write brought up an interesting point. He said that the long lapse was really only 3 months longer than usual and that the cast has been at work for some time. Yet, Matt kept harping on the possible fallout of this long period of time. What a shame!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #17
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancaneve View Post
So thrilled! I have been missing Don Draper and crossing my fingers that he gets a little sense knocked into him and doesn't end up marrying his secretary.

On another note, I was rather disappointed with the Matt Lauer interview with the cast earlier this week. I thought that he was rather negative, and didn't illuminate on what the theme of the next season was going to be. I had so many questions, but he never came close to asking any of them.

The producer/write brought up an interesting point. He said that the long lapse was really only 3 months longer than usual and that the cast has been at work for some time. Yet, Matt kept harping on the possible fallout of this long period of time. What a shame!

Matt Weiner the exec producer- will never give out spoilers or show clips. That is not his style. If you have seen other interviews, the actors don't give away anything except to say "Just watch and see.". It is an effective technique and it works. I have searched and searched spoilers and there isn't much out there but if you are a die hard fan you can read between the lines in a few well played hints.

I have read that Don and Megan are together. See, together doesn't mean married but dating. Toegether could mean working together.
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

I did see one spoiler.....................

Bobby is played by a new child actor
(Like every season of the show )

I also believe its a big jump in time-his first idea was to cover the complete 1960's decade with this show.
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan4Me View Post
I did see one spoiler.....................

Bobby is played by a new child actor
(Like every season of the show )

I also believe its a big jump in time-his first idea was to cover the complete 1960's decade with this show.
I don't think there will be a huge jump. On the subject of child actors, Keirnan Shipka (Sally) is still cast. She is 12. I read an interview with her recently that said she was 6 when she began and she is playing her actual age (12). Most of the time, child actors play OLDER than their actual age. As a sidenote, I appreciate all of Kiernan Shipka's current personal appearances: she is dressed like a 12 year old girl, not a 16 year old! Hollywood take note!

Sally was born in either 1955 or 1956. The show spans until 1965. She is either 10/11 when the the last episode took place. In this recent interview Kiernan says she plays her actual age. So we could see Sally draper being an older 12 year old. Depending on Sallys actual birthday, we could see the show being set in early late 1966 or beginning 1967. I would still say 1966 more than 1967.

Similiarly, I have also read that Matthew Weiner does NOT want to go into the 1970's. Since the show has three seasons left (including this one)- it would be poor pacing if they jumped ahead too much. There was just so many things that happned in 1968 to justify that much of a leap.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
jacksg@l
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
Can't wait! I need my Don Draper fix!

This is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen!!! Soooo creative! Can't wait for the season premiere!

US/IoA PBH June 2011
CSR June 2010 Star Wars Weekend
US/IoA HRH June 2009
POFQ February 2008
US/IoA HRH June 2005
Disneyland 1998
jacksg@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
FloraFauna
DIS Veteran
I was really good at doing BIG hair

I am so ready!!!
FloraFauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
Swan4Me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy B View Post
I don't think there will be a huge jump. On the subject of child actors, Keirnan Shipka (Sally) is still cast. She is 12. I read an interview with her recently that said she was 6 when she began and she is playing her actual age (12). Most of the time, child actors play OLDER than their actual age. As a sidenote, I appreciate all of Kiernan Shipka's current personal appearances: she is dressed like a 12 year old girl, not a 16 year old! Hollywood take note!

Sally was born in either 1955 or 1956. The show spans until 1965. She is either 10/11 when the the last episode took place. In this recent interview Kiernan says she plays her actual age. So we could see Sally draper being an older 12 year old. Depending on Sallys actual birthday, we could see the show being set in early late 1966 or beginning 1967. I would still say 1966 more than 1967.

Similiarly, I have also read that Matthew Weiner does NOT want to go into the 1970's. Since the show has three seasons left (including this one)- it would be poor pacing if they jumped ahead too much. There was just so many things that happned in 1968 to justify that much of a leap.
When we see Joan's baby-that will be the clue-
Swan4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
Cindy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan4Me View Post
When we see Joan's baby-that will be the clue-
So even if she is 2 or 3 months along once the show stopped airing, she will be seen as pregnant then.

I heard there will be surprises.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I'm another one who watched all the episodes this fall on Netflix. Now I'm hooked.

I'm confused, though, I just read the review on the other page and I thought Trudy and Pete had a baby boy? What is the girl's name?
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #25
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #26
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

AMC is playing season 4 now!
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #27
maelstrom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
I'm confused, though, I just read the review on the other page and I thought Trudy and Pete had a baby boy? What is the girl's name?
Trudy and Pete's daughter's name is Tamsin, nickname "Tammy".

Peggy had Pete's son and gave him up for adoption and did not tell him until two years later.

Next Trip: May 2013 at Port Orleans French Quarter

Got Married! October 1, 2011 in Atlantic City!
maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #28
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

OK, I thought they were saying the baby's name was Tommy. That's why I thought it was a boy.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #30
*JoGo*
DIS Veteran

I watched all 4 seasons over the past few weeks. I thought the series had ended. So I'm very excited!!

But! We don't have cable. How or where can I watch it online? Will it be on hulu?

Some of the episodes make me shake my head... Like the picnic in the park after Don got his new car. Betty simply shakes all their trash off the blanket and leaves! And all the infidelity. I know sex sells so this cannot be any sort of actual representation of 1960s Ad Men. I'm sure some cheated, but not every single one of them.
Except Cooper because... Well...
*JoGo* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: